Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: For Sale Listings not getting listed?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2022, 09:49 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default For Sale Listings not getting listed?

Been a long time member, though I did take some time off RC since 2012 and recently got back into crawling (2020). Since I've returned to the forum, I've listed a handful of items in the for sale section, or have tried too anyways.

A few days ago I listed a new HW Max8/2200 Combo in the for sale section, and it's not been approved by a Mod to be shown. Not sure why, but it's not the first time my f/s items have not been approved since returning.

Considering my time on the forum becoming a member around 2008 and the number of posts and positive feedback from previous sales before taking my rc break, I'm not sure what to make of this.

Any mods able to give me some reason as to why the items I have tried to sell here have never been approved?
Timmahh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2022, 11:37 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: For Sale Listings not getting listed?

This is literally covered in the rules. You need to be a supporting member for that.
hpiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 12:15 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpiguy View Post
This is literally covered in the rules. You need to be a supporting member for that.

Vendors are required to buy a star to post for sale ads but that rule does not apply to non-commercial members that I am aware of. Once a member satisfies the 30 day/30 post rule classifieds should be available to read and post.

Last edited by Inspector86; 01-11-2022 at 12:21 PM.
Inspector86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 12:33 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I could have sworn you needed a star to list for sale threads regardless of time on the site. Maybe it changed, maybe I'm just wrong.
hpiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 01:32 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Considering I've never had a star, and have sold dozens of items before my break, unless it changed while I was away, my old listings always were approved.
Old 01-11-2022, 02:21 PM   #6
Slow is the new Fast

As much as I love this site, it is no doubt plagued with issues.

As far as mods go, I don’t think there are any left. They have all quit or been canned
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 02:32 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

for what ist worth i saw that post so it did go up maybe not in a timly manor but it went up probably got burried by other posts
just a guess
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 03:29 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

The last time I posted an item for sale I did not have a star. It has been a while, so it might be a recent change.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 07:10 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

I've never had an issue. Never taken more than half a day to be approved, that I can remember.
DRED805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 10:30 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferp420 View Post
for what ist worth i saw that post so it did go up maybe not in a timly manor but it went up probably got burried by other posts
just a guess
not even in my stats. It was either posted then deleted then or was hidden on purpose...

And Forum Admins and Mods wonder why Fakebook has been so easily able to drown forums with users. Even with the politics of facebook.

I guess the 2020 song of the decade will be Facebook killed the rest of any decent forum star. (mocking MTV killed the Radio Star).
Old 01-11-2022, 11:10 PM   #11
RCC Addict

Personally I will not use Fakebook, Twatter or any of that type service. I'm old school I guess and prefer this style forum.
Inspector86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 11:38 PM   #12
Keep it real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmahh View Post

Any mods able to give me some reason as to why the items I have tried to sell here have never been approved?
I don’t have authority in the for sale section to approve posts, but I did look into it and you didn’t have a price listed, so the Mod didn’t approve it
Tanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 11:41 PM   #13
Keep it real

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpiguy View Post
I could have sworn you needed a star to list for sale threads regardless of time on the site. Maybe it changed, maybe I'm just wrong.
No star needed to post in the for sale section, just the 30day/30posts rule, buying a star just gives you basically instant access
Old 01-12-2022, 09:57 AM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
not even in my stats. It was either posted then deleted then or was hidden on purpose...

And Forum Admins and Mods wonder why Fakebook has been so easily able to drown forums with users. Even with the politics of facebook.

I guess the 2020 song of the decade will be Facebook killed the rest of any decent forum star. (mqocking MTV killed the Radio Star).
i went back and looked for it and it wasent there but i remeber spacificly thinking that would make a nice short course truck combo

i saw it in the new post section so maybe it dident make it up to the for sale section i dont know it did go up though
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 04:53 PM   #15
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanis View Post
I don’t have authority in the for sale section to approve posts, but I did look into it and you didn’t have a price listed, so the Mod didn’t approve it
Hmm A notice of said commission would have been a nice way to fix that issue.
However, this is one of 6 or 7 items I've listed. I may have forgetting to put in a price on one, but not every one.

I appreciate the info. However, still have questions. Considering I copied the verbiage from my facebook listing, which had the price in the verbiage, so something seems amiss.
Old 01-12-2022, 04:55 PM   #16
RCC Addict

Ya Ferp, I'm a bit at a loss myself.

In the end I sold the Max8/2200kv combo today locally...

However I have the Spectrum combo from my Ryft I'd like to post, buf if it wont get listed, prices or not, then there is no need for me to offer it up.
Old 01-12-2022, 09:03 PM   #17
Keep it real

Quote:
Hmm A notice of said commission would have been a nice way to fix that issue.
However, this is one of 6 or 7 items I've listed. I may have forgetting to put in a price on one, but not every one.

I appreciate the info. However, still have questions. Considering I copied the verbiage from my facebook listing, which had the price in the verbiage, so something seems amiss.
THX_138 has run the classifieds for years, and done fantastic at a thankless job. You had “2 bones” for the price…is that $2…$20…$200…$2000??? Repost with an actual price and I bet it gets posted
Old 01-12-2022, 11:08 PM   #18
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanis View Post
THX_138 has run the classifieds for years, and done fantastic at a thankless job. You had “2 bones” for the price…is that $2…$20…$200…$2000??? Repost with an actual price and I bet it gets posted
Ah yes. that may be. A bone is 100.00 for you youngins. lol

Didn't think about that part, which would make sense, considering. lol

Its already sold. But thanks again on that.
I'll make sure I clearly post the price desired.
Old 01-13-2022, 06:52 AM   #19
RCC Addict

Quote:
A bone is 100.00 for you youngins.
Haven’t heard that since I was at the bmx track in ‘97

The classified section is pretty strict here, but it makes for a clean, easy to use system as a buyer. I’ve had the same thing happen several times, and it’s definitely confusing waiting for a couple days not knowing why your listing didn’t show up. At the same time, it isn’t reasonable to expect the mod to contact the poster every time there’s an issue.

I have found any time I’ve had questions [mention]THX_138 [/mention] Is pretty quick to respond and help out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
twade984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 10:50 AM   #20
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by twade984 View Post
Haven’t heard that since I was at the bmx track in ‘97

The classified section is pretty strict here, but it makes for a clean, easy to use system as a buyer. I’ve had the same thing happen several times, and it’s definitely confusing waiting for a couple days not knowing why your listing didn’t show up. At the same time, it isn’t reasonable to expect the mod to contact the poster every time there’s an issue.

I have found any time I’ve had questions [mention]THX_138 [/mention] Is pretty quick to respond and help out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've sold dozens of things, and but probably 2 dozen things back when I was more active in the late 2000s. but was gone for 8ish years and got back into rc crawling in 2020 when shit hit the proverbial commiefan. lol

But aye. I know the job of being a MOD is thankless. Was a Mod over on the HBF Forum for years, LSCR, had my own forums for about 5 years, different area. It is a thankless job.

Hard to do sometimes when you got some smartasshole like myself causing problems too. lol

For Sale Listings not getting listed? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Club listings freetimecrawler Chit Chat 0 02-01-2013 02:31 PM
chassis listings losilover Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 7 12-01-2010 04:47 AM
Calendar Listings and Competition Results Posting - Contact me to get listed/posted freetimecrawler Competitions 1 02-28-2010 05:41 PM
Wheres the Classified listings?? 4drmopar Comments, Suggestions, and Help 19 07-27-2009 08:12 PM
LHS Listings for Colorado TwistedXT Colorado 1 01-24-2008 04:28 PM