Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Drunk Purchases?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2012, 12:57 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Drunk Purchases?

Just screwed up and bought a 2WD Slash VXL. I've got so much other crap I need to spend my money on and realized what I had done just after I clicked "submit order". Then I realized this might make for an interesting thread, so anyone else care to share your drunk buys (RC related or not)?
Zeus.:God is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2012, 02:06 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Drunk Purchases?

I don't drink, so there's no personal stories to tell, I do however have a couple cousins (that are brothers too) that were known to do that. One bought one of those plasma lamp things and I think a 3 piece sectional while drunk and one of his younger brothers would get hammered on Christmas Eve then go and do his Christmas shopping..........I guess Christmas morningwas always interesting, nobody knew what they were going to find in his presents to them...including him!
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 03:49 AM   #3

I can do that while totally sober...

And I have. I'm not from the US so all the stuff I want I have to convert the price according to the exchange rate so I'm like $125 doesn't seem that much how much can it be in rands then I click it and then it's plus postage so I'm like $30 seems reasonable for postage and click it then its $155 which really doesn't seem that much until I convert it on Google and it is R1210.50 which is about R1000 more than I can afford...
Talico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 05:52 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

hookers
sloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 08:25 AM   #5
MODERATOR™

Sometimes I get close. I've learned to resist the impulse. Probably saved me thousands of dollars.

Made me think of this.

EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:56 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

Me and my old roommate stopped at Taco bell on the way home from the bar one night. Bought 50 soft tacos. Each. Woke up the next morning with tacos everywhere! In the bathroom, tub, kitchen, laundry room, patio, in the couch cushions, even in the fish tank (hey fish like tacos right?).
dont slow down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:01 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

I dont drink for simple reason i do stupid stuff when i do. I have read lots of drunk posts on different forums drunk people post funny shit and then cant find it later lol.

Last edited by 89lxmorepower; 05-05-2012 at 10:18 AM.
89lxmorepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:14 AM   #8
MODERATOR™

Yea, that's kind of crossing a boundary there.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:36 AM   #9
RCC Addict

My general rule of thumb is if I'm drinking, I don't get online. period. No RCC, facebook- nothing. When I managed a LHS, I had this customer that was Johnny tight wallet when he was in the store. He was always in there sober while he was on the clock. Once he got home, however, he'd get shitfaced and go crazy ordering RC stuff online. I remember he bought 2 TRex helicopters, a zenoah powered 1/4 scale boat, and a blinged out Tmaxx from ebay... with no idea he'd done it. In one night, he blew over 5K. He didn't know until all the stuff showed up on his doorstep. Pretty sure his wife put him in rehab shortly after.
killswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:50 AM   #10
Pebble Pounder

The taco post made this all worth it, because fish do, indeed, like tacos.
Zeus.:God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 06:31 PM   #11
RCC Addict

I do buy rc stuff when drunk but the best was when I bought an accuair system for my bagged truck. I didnt know I screwed up untill I checked my e mails... ouch.....
FRENCHBLUE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 06:38 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

I love this chit chat forum,always makes me laugh.I like to have a few cocktails as much as the next guy but the older I get the more I realize how stupid it makes some people.I know a few people that completely loose their self control when they drink,it is really annoying.Angry drunks are even worse.Some people can handle their booze,others can't.You gotta figure out which category you fall into(pun intended)and act accordingly.I have many funny stories about shit that drunk people have done but the one that comes to mind is the time I took my gf and her hot cousin to a nightclub.They both got HAMMERED and I had to drive home.My gf got pissed about something and tried to step out of the car at 45 mph,dam near tore her big toe off.Silly bitches.
jhtoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 07:26 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Cocaine. Oh...and like fish tacos.
Knarly Nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 07:37 PM   #14
Pebble Pounder

I drunk order shit all the time. Got my son a crawler that way, then got myself another one even though I have one already... it just seemed like a good idea, just like the 20-30 RC planes that seemed like a good idea.
MuddyOval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 08:07 PM   #15
I wanna be Dave

I once drunk ordered a couple cases of dove body wash. Granted it was a damn good deal and is easy on the skin, 65 in soap for one person at one time is a bit excessive.

My lesson appears to be cheaper than others. I don't drunk net browse anymore.
Meatwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 08:49 PM   #16
RCC Addict

If a drunk cant hardly drive a car safely, then how does one drunk navagate a computer mouse?
Hydro-Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:42 PM   #17
RCC Addict

Hell, I don't need to be drunk, my weakness is music, between my wife and I, we have 15 guitars, vintage to customs, 3 amps, a keyboard, an iPad for digital music storage and recording and god knows how many music theory books ad music books. So I worry every time we go into a store.

Of course my RC habit is bad too.
neillarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 08:32 PM   #18
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by neillarson View Post
Hell, I don't need to be drunk, my weakness is music, between my wife and I, we have 15 guitars, vintage to customs, 3 amps, a keyboard, an iPad for digital music storage and recording and god knows how many music theory books ad music books. So I worry every time we go into a store.

Of course my RC habit is bad too.
I can relate- I have probably 6 or 7 guitars I don't even touch and STILL almost bought another Les Paul last night while drinkin Just Chill with Jack Daniels Honey in it. The black LP would look great sitting in my living room not being used, just like the other ones... lol

Dodged that whole thing and just bought another 1:1 truck instead.
MuddyOval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 03:21 PM   #19
Defy Gravity

in my drinking days it would get bad....I never bought over the net but I remember days that I'd wake up and see the crap I bought the night before....things like 3/4" chain and a clevis that I still have no use for, think the pin diameter is around 2".

it wasn't really the drunk purchases that kicked my ass, it was getting hammered and working on my truck. the day I got my 4" exhaust in, I started drinking and then the next day I start it up....I'd gotten as far as putting the down pipe on, then decided that I needed a new stereo in there. so either I got a ride or I drove 30 miles with a torn apart interior and nothing but the down pipe for an exhaust strange thing is the stereo wiring was perfect and somewhere along the line I rotated tires as well.
ghtpdm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:09 PM   #20
Rock Crawler

I like when I check my e-mail the next day and I have a new message from RPP

***YOUR ORDER HAS SHIPPED***

Awesome!!! what am I getting?
BLKXJ 96 is offline   Reply With Quote

Drunk Purchases? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Newest phone purchases? dezfan Chit Chat 25 02-11-2010 09:14 AM
G'day from Australia - where to make purchases disco_dinosaur Axial AX-10 Scorpion 11 11-17-2009 02:54 AM