Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Thumbs up to Horizon Hobby

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2009, 10:28 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Thumbs up Thumbs up to Horizon Hobby

Yeah so I bought a USED!! DX3R and RX...It worked fine for about a month..then the RX starting doing all kinds of crazy stuff..
I called HH and they told me to send it in...I told them I bought it used and would pay for the "fix"...well 3 weeks later the fed-ex guy shows up and hands me a package...I opened it up and found a BRAND NEW RX(sm3001)
at no charge!
pretty stoked that a company is willing to back up their stuff even when bought used..
felt like sharing since customer service is kinda hard to come by these day!

~Mod can move this if I posted in the wrong section~
53 willys is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2009, 10:58 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

That's unbelievable. Way to go Horizon
celicaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 11:18 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by celicaboy View Post
That's unbelievable. Way to go Horizon
X2 on that one...But it's good to hear that they stand by their products.
Jeepial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 06:12 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

I have a micro RX i need to send that i bought new but can't find the reciept. I hope they hook me up with a fix..........
pink_sleeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 10:15 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

thats awesome. i had one of my micro dsm2 receivers go out and i sent it in. i hope they send me a new one. that would be awesome.
webster420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 10:57 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

Default Horizon Hobby

Horizon Hobby has always been a great company to deal with. The dx3r early models had a defect in some and would lose bind. But Horizon has always had top notch support.
THE PARTS GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 02:28 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Sounds like some pretty sweet customer service.
kmnss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 04:54 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Guy told me that he "Dropped" his DX6I and broke a bunch of stuff clean off, sent it in for repairs and HH didn't charge him a dime to replace all the busted stuff. He didn't even ask for warranty, just said, charge me for the fix.
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 03:39 PM   #9

Default Re: Thumbs up to Horizon Hobby

I know this is a very old thread, but I just had to add my two thumbs up ( I wish I had more thumbs) for Horizon Hobby's great customer service. I bought a new Spektrum DX3E transmitter off ebay for a pretty good price, I thought. It sat on my shelf for a few weeks before I got around to use it with my new Wraith. Well, when I went to set it up, the steering channel would only steer one way and very slightly the other. I tried all the trims and throws, another servo and receiver, but no good. Rats! I didn't want to go to all the trouble to file a claim with the seller and possibly getting the run around. So after hearing all the good things about HH customer support, I thought, why not. I filled out the service request form online and sent the transmitter in. Not expecting much, I got an email the day after they received the tx indicating shipment of the repaired tx back to me.

UPS dropped off a larger than expected box from HH today and I proceeded to open it to find an invoice sitting on top of all the packing material. On the invoice, I read " In the spirit of customer service your DX3E has been replaced with a DX3C free of charge". A hole new better system, with an SR300 receiver to boot. Holy Cow! Although, at first I was a little disappointed that my DSM2 capable transmitter was replaced with a DSM1 system. To my surprise, the DX3C is now DSM2, 20 model memory, and all the bells and whistles that I would need. Nice. I didn't even speak to one person there, or even buy it from them. I Just sent it in and hope for the best. As far as I'm concerned, I got the best. Way to go Horizon Hobby.

A very happy customer,

Rick
hill834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 05:06 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

good on horizon..everyone likes a happy ending..a friend of mine runs a store and horizon has been pretty good with standing behind their stuff
vonclod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 04:34 PM   #11
Rock Stacker

Gotta say horizon has great cs, bought a cheapy bl system a while back and it was supposed to handle brushed also, went to throw it in the kids mrc and no luck on the brushed side, they sent me a new one and said to keep the old one. Nee one showed up same deal, called cs said to keep both of them because it wad an issue with the firmware that they had just caught and they sent me a new one two weeks later. Opened the box to find a hand written note appologizing for the wait time saying that i was taken care of. I sarcastically thought "yeah two weeks later" then found not only the new model of the 18th scale but a brand new 10th scale esc free of charge! I nearly died of shock. Amazing customer service and support!
ozyint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 05:58 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

I've got some Horizon planes (that need parts occasionally!), and I bought an ECX short course truck for my boy. Their customer service is good and dealing with them is easy.

I just wish RPM or someone would support some ECX models. Torment vs. brushless Slash head on - SNAP! - new ECX A-arms and hub carriers.
Zod Rhombus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 01:47 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

I broke the case on my dx3r (wish boned it) and I had it modded for lipo. I sent it in and the replaced it and even plug my mod in for the lipo for me for free. They are a A++ in my boke for sure.
jammin311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 02:14 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammin311 View Post
I broke the case on my dx3r (wish boned it) and I had it modded for lipo. I sent it in and the replaced it and even plug my mod in for the lipo for me for free. They are a A++ in my boke for sure.
So what'd you wish for when you broke it?
hill834 is offline   Reply With Quote