RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/)
-   -   goodbye johnson valley (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/384568-goodbye-johnson-valley.html)

desertmaxx 05-20-2012 09:33 PM

goodbye johnson valley

well boys, we gave it a heck of a shot, but we are pretty sure we lost the battle against the marines for johnson valley.:cry: the paperwork was called up on friday and a decision was made. we havent heard from them yet, but i think we all know who won. i got a chance to participate in the saving of johnson valley 2 weeks ago, at the 2012 tin benders weeked. you pay $50 and you get a experienced trail leader to take you through a hammers trail.:) all money went to the Keep Public Lands Open To The Public fund. i had a blast and was at the same time, sad. a 3 day trip that had a big impact on my life. sitting on that lakebed, i took in every moment, and watched a flying banana(military helicopter), swoop in over me at about 70 feet, and thought, "i am going to miss this place."

Del Montess 05-20-2012 09:40 PM

Re: goodbye johnson valley

Where are you getting this info? the last I saw, the amendment from Bartlett that required a full report from the Marines passed, and that was a huge step forward for us in the fight for JV.

do you have a link?

desertmaxx 05-20-2012 10:22 PM

Internet, internet forums, tv, news, people, ultra 4 events/races, ect.

Del Montess 05-20-2012 10:34 PM

descriptive. thanks.

I'll stick to getting my updates from Kurtuleas.

1.55Yota 05-21-2012 12:00 AM

I was just at JV last weekend with the family. Hope it stays open, I like getting out of the city and relaxing along with taking the family on the Dirt Bikes/Quads! (Gotta love the Sat morning breakfast at the community center) "thumbsup"

-Steve

crash 05-21-2012 12:55 AM

I went to the tin benders jambo a couple years ago--had a good time...

losikid 05-21-2012 02:23 AM

KOH is far more important than "salt mine operations, pipelines, a railroad and Amboy Road" what are these people thinking?

1.55Yota 05-21-2012 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by losikid (Post 3741553)
KOH is far more important than "salt mine operations, pipelines, a railroad and Amboy Road" what are these people thinking?

I assume you don't live in SoCal. Pretty sure the military has plenty of land already!

PFC FNG 05-21-2012 04:43 AM

Not everyone thinks like us. I have a tree hugging neighbor that thinks if his Aveo can't drive there, no one should drive there. I always wanted to try and drive the Hammers.

desertmaxx 05-21-2012 08:11 AM

yeah, the marines are looking to expand the base.

losikid 05-21-2012 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1.55Yota (Post 3741601)
I assume you don't live in SoCal. Pretty sure the military has plenty of land already!

No, out in the colorado boonies.

And i was being 100% serious, KOH is far more important than expanding a base for live ammunition training.

A better option would be to annex mexico and setup a base down there.:ror:

desertmaxx 05-21-2012 08:55 PM

the marine base near johnson valley is the largest in the world. the marines have specifically said that they have wanted to seriously downsize to a small, elite, strikeforce; not a second army.:roll: so why do they need to expand? well, the bill was called up, and that was a big sign of hope for saving johnson vally.:):)