Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Memorial Day Dedication!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2012, 08:16 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Memorial Day Dedication!

I would like to start a thread with a dedication specific to memorial day.
I want anyone and every post one thing one memory they would like to share. To honor someone they know or just as a thanks to the ones not here with us today.

I will start with
Cpl Nicholas Xiarhos United States Marine Corps.
He died on July 23, 2009 in Helmand province, Afghanistan.

He was the Marine I met when I came to my first unit. I was his replacement as Squad Leader so he could volunteer for this mission that ultimately took his life.

I miss you brother.
foratm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-28-2012, 03:26 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Memorial Day Dedication!

I want to say thank you to both my grandfathers for their service even though they are no longer with us. I wish I had recognized the sacrifice they made when I was younger. What I would give now to be able to sit down with them and talk about their time in the service. I can only know a small part of how much they sacrificed for their country back then. To me, my service will never equal theirs. It's great this country has set aside a day for us to remember, but we need to remember and THANK A VET EVERY DAY! It is in their sacrifice that we have everything that makes us and this country truly great. Thank you to all the veterans and other active duty brothers out there!

Semper Paratus
dont slow down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 04:19 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

My grandfather on my mother's side has three Purple Hearts from WWII and never really recovered from being a wounded POW. He was ill from the end of the war until he passed away in the early 70's. My grandfather on my dad's side was involved in all kinds of clandestine things related to high tech radio and weaponry. Only now is some of what he did being declassified and I'm getting a better picture of what he did.
Personally, I am a disabled vet and wish every day I didn't have to give up my military career.
MuddyOval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 04:29 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

i would like to make a dedication to the ones that are left behind. the grieving parents, the mourning spouses and the children left not knowing a mother or father due to them being lost in duty. i appreciate everything our soldiers do for us, but when that soldier is revealed of his earthly burdens these people are left with all new ones. and these people are often forgotten about.
foproy is offline   Reply With Quote

Memorial Day Dedication! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
So What'd you do on Memorial Day??? Monstergt South Carolina 18 05-30-2012 07:38 AM
Memorial day? Slowbro South Carolina 38 05-29-2012 04:48 PM
Memorial Day caymin last Chit Chat 13 05-31-2010 08:18 PM
5-25-09 Memorial Day 2009 Beautiful day out 4x4Crawler4LIFE Scale Videos! 0 05-26-2009 09:41 PM