Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: sponsors?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2012, 12:52 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Exclamation sponsors?

how can you get sponsored by and rc company such as dinky rc> anybody want to hook me up?
mhflies is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-2012, 02:01 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: sponsors?

Asking for a hook up with a is not a good way to start.

Put together a crawler resume. Be active on the forums, attend national events and be involved. Be helpful, offer assistance when you see others need it, earn a good reputation within the community as a stand up person.

Start talking with company owners of the parts you use. Get to know them. If they drop a hint or not so hint like message that they are looking for team drivers, submit the resume you created.

That is one way... The other ways involve nepotism, favoritism, dirty knees, and some shame.
DickyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 02:41 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickyT View Post
Asking for a hook up with a is not a good way to start.

Put together a crawler resume. Be active on the forums, attend national events and be involved. Be helpful, offer assistance when you see others need it, earn a good reputation within the community as a stand up person.

Start talking with company owners of the parts you use. Get to know them. If they drop a hint or not so hint like message that they are looking for team drivers, submit the resume you created.

That is one way... The other ways involve nepotism, favoritism, dirty knees, and some shame.
Lol you crack me up DickyT!

Posting build threads of your various crawlers....helps show Vendors/Sponsors that you can use their product and promote it, etc.
chicklet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 02:48 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

have a friendly attitude, hit some high post count numbers, win some comps, spend lots of money of upgrades, do reviews, post your build and rep the vendors for the parts of theres you used.... all kinds of ways really... and resumes would also probly help... maybe one day someone will sponsor me
brandonwalsh420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 04:35 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Marry a rich chick (or dude, if it's allowed in your state).
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 04:39 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
Marry a rich chick (or dude, if it's allowed in your state).
I think they only do that dude marry dude stuff in texas
hende is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 04:41 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by hende View Post
I think they only do that dude marry dude stuff in texas
Sorry, Red state here....that'll never happen.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 04:44 PM   #8
RCC Addict

I bet this thread gets a whole lot better in chit shat
killswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 04:54 PM   #9
MODERATOR™

Quote:
Originally Posted by killswitch View Post
I bet this thread gets a whole lot better in chit shat
That, and it had no tech is why I moved it here.

Comp wins and proper exposure are how.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 05:10 PM   #10
RCC Addict

I will gladly be great later for some free stuff today...
SINister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 05:34 PM   #11
0 0

So what you guys are trying to say is. I can't get sponsored and get free stuff to play with in my back yard?
romulus22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 05:38 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by romulus22 View Post
So what you guys are trying to say is. I can't get sponsored and get free stuff to play with in my back yard?
yea man i have a scaler course and stuff too.
crunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 05:39 PM   #13
0 0

This isn't fair
Old 06-19-2012, 05:39 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by romulus22 View Post
Sure you can! Sponsored by Your Wallet

Not all sponsorships equate to free stuff either. Some are discounts.

Winning comps is not always necessary. Representing in a respectable manner is far more important. Winning never hurts though.
DickyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 05:49 PM   #15
0 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickyT View Post
Sure you can! Sponsored by Your Wallet
Sarcasm above
Old 06-19-2012, 06:00 PM   #16
www.team3sixrc.com

Im looking for 86,745 drivers.
Must have at least 1 post on RCC
Must have issues

Seriously though... If your interested in looking to be sponsored. Several things help
1. A great Attitude toward your fellow drivers and if you are active in the forums, You should carry the same attitude and be a helpful member of the community you wish to be sponsored in. Sponsors look at people who are appreciated and get along with others well.
2. Performance and driving skills. If you think you should be sponsored because you can pitch someones product, Your wrong. Along with having a great attitude is a winning attitude, The ability to go to events as well as being a good driver will go far.
3. But what takes you the distance to sponsorship is believing and caring about the products you use and drive with.

It seems now a days people seem to think that being able to own an RC, The ability to Pitch a manufacturers products, or even the fact that they are the opposite sex will get you in the sponsored position.

There is nothing I dislike more than someone who is somehow sponsored and truely doesnt deserve to be when there are drivers out there that are dedicated, commited, and driven to be recognized and or deserve to be recognized as a sponsored driver.

I have some terrific drivers that I am very proud to sponsor and at this moment I am even looking to add another driver to team3sixRC who I have been in contact with.

Sometimes just doing what you do and showing your love for the hobby will get you noticed. But you should never ask someone to be sponsored.
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 06:20 PM   #17
I wanna be Dave

it doesnt take comp wins or even national level comps to get a sponsor... What you do have to do is offer the sponsor something they want. That could be exposure locally, a product tester, or just someone to help get the word out about their product. Being willing to help a new guy out will definatly earn you allot of points.

Keep in mind, most sponsors are NOT full rides. Some will give you 10% off or 18% off or "test this product and send it back to me". Sometimes being sponsored can hurt you... Lets say you are sponsored by tire manufacture A but, everyone is winning with tire B. Well your stuck running Tire A to keep the sponsor happy. You might also be expected to test a component for a company. That component could be a prototype and might blow up (Been there, got lucky had a great product that lasted perfect). You have to be willing to take the risk.
jetboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 07:13 PM   #18
Suck it up!

Ask for free parts, sponsors LOVE that kind of attitude. 'cause, you know, they just have that crap layin' around just wishin' they had something to do with it all...

Quote:
Originally Posted by team3six View Post
Must have issues
That's funny raht there...
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:03 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

Exclamation Re: sponsors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by team3six View Post
Must have issues

Seriously though... If your interested in looking to be sponsored. Several things help
1. A great Attitude toward your fellow drivers and if you are active in the forums, You should carry the same attitude and be a helpful member of the community you wish to be sponsored in. Sponsors look at people who are appreciated and get along with others well.
2. Performance and driving skills. If you think you should be sponsored because you can pitch someones product, Your wrong. Along with having a great attitude is a winning attitude, The ability to go to events as well as being a good driver will go far.
3. But what takes you the distance to sponsorship is believing and caring about the products you use and drive with.

It seems now a days people seem to think that being able to own an RC, The ability to Pitch a manufacturers products, or even the fact that they are the opposite sex will get you in the sponsored position.

There is nothing I dislike more than someone who is somehow sponsored and truely doesnt deserve to be when there are drivers out there that are dedicated, commited, and driven to be recognized and or deserve to be recognized as a sponsored driver.

I have some terrific drivers that I am very proud to sponsor and at this moment I am even looking to add another driver to team3sixRC who I have been in contact with.

Sometimes just doing what you do and showing your love for the hobby will get you noticed. But you should never ask someone to be sponsored.
the reason i asked how to get sponsors is because i dont want to ask for a sponsor...as in guided direction, for what to do...sorry if i affended yall..thanks for all the tips!
mhflies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:06 PM   #20
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhflies View Post
the reason i asked how to get sponsors is because i dont want to ask for a sponsor...as in guided direction, for what to do...sorry if i affended yall..thanks for all the tips!
Do the right things and they'll come to you. What the right things are varies greatly.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote

sponsors? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Course sponsors jason Past RCCA qualifiers 7 07-18-2011 10:43 AM
thanks Ben and all sponsors needs2hunt Competitions 1 05-23-2011 11:04 AM
Thanks To Our Sponsors! blue10 Past RCCA qualifiers 8 01-24-2011 12:11 AM
Sponsors!!! Chaotic Crawlers Past RCCA qualifiers 0 09-24-2010 12:35 AM