Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Rhino or RZR... opinions?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2012, 11:36 PM   #21
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Rhino or RZR... opinions?

Got it from another forum. Was a pretty bad situation, and not even a bad or high speed wreck, the passenger had the grab handle jam into his knee. RZRs are pretty notorious for weak frames.
weak frame - Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net
Erock is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2012, 11:05 AM   #22
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetboat View Post
no need for more than 2 seats, we already have 2 quads so the side x side is for my wife and kid with me taking it occasionally. The slug quality of the Rhino is something I have seen but, we dont live where you can really open them up.

Wildcat is out for a few reasons...
If it is for your wife and kid to ride in together, for sure get the RZR. They are soooo much more stable than any of the others. My brother has flopped his Rhino on some mild sidehills, I have my sway bars disconnected and only once felt like things were getting sketchy. And that was when I caught a rut at 45mph while sliding sideways.

The RZR has a lower first gear than the Rhino, and a taller second gear. It has AWESOME engine braking, its just so simple to drive and works amazing. I let my wife and my dad's wife drive my RZR and they just pick it up super fast. The Rhino makes my wife scared, she says it feels like its going to flip on its side all the time. And I can see why she says that after riding in the RZR so much.

The RZR is proven, get a used s model and have at it.
4xFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:53 PM   #23
Quarry Creeper

Can am commander

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2
racin707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 02:13 PM   #24
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erock View Post
Be careful if you get a RZR.
How the heck did that happen???
Yeti guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 02:51 PM   #25
Rock Stacker

I did own a 09 yamaha rhino, excellent machine, not as fast as a polaris but you can change the sheeve and add a msd and run 57 mph . Check the polaris forums and you will see a lot of replacement parts being put on a lot of new machines. If you talk to a mechanic he will tell you how often polaris machines break down. Simple you want to ride and have no problems then get a yamaha, if you like to wrench a lot get polaris. You may also want to look at the honda pioneers which are a excellent machine.
borock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 02:09 PM   #26
Rock Stacker

https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLB...=OQs6yf1Gyigos

Rhinos are turds.
Old 03-24-2017, 02:21 PM   #27

Quote:
Be careful if you get a RZR.
Quote:
Got it from another forum. Was a pretty bad situation, and not even a bad or high speed wreck, the passenger had the grab handle jam into his knee. RZRs are pretty notorious for weak frames.
weak frame - Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net
That dude was straight up lying when he said all of that damage happened at 15 to 20 MPH unless it was modified or weakened by the previous owner.

I don't get the whole SxS craze. Quads are more fun in every way. I do see the appeal if you have a young child, but eventually they're going to want their own...
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 03:13 PM   #28
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
That dude was straight up lying when he said all of that damage happened at 15 to 20 MPH unless it was modified or weakened by the previous owner.

I don't get the whole SxS craze. Quads are more fun in every way. I do see the appeal if you have a young child, but eventually they're going to want their own...
Depending on what ones you've ridden, I think it's a couple of things. You're like a huge quad, and they're easier to fit through the woods than a full size vehicle, and ride way better the whole time as well. The Canned-Ham I've ridden sidehills pretty well, has bucket seats, and still has a bed to load stuff up in as well. You're basically in an 800cc recliner that has a lot of off-road capability.

Granted, I honestly think the things are money pits no matter who you go with. $13k+ for a huge quad is still crazy to me.
Sneetches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 03:27 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneetches View Post
Depending on what ones you've ridden, I think it's a couple of things. You're like a huge quad, and they're easier to fit through the woods than a full size vehicle, and ride way better the whole time as well. The Canned-Ham I've ridden sidehills pretty well, has bucket seats, and still has a bed to load stuff up in as well. You're basically in an 800cc recliner that has a lot of off-road capability.

Granted, I honestly think the things are money pits no matter who you go with. $13k+ for a huge quad is still crazy to me.
That's true. They're small at 1:1 off road places, but huge at ATV places.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 11:13 PM   #30
Quarry Creeper

I used to be in the SXS industry and I would get the RZR over the Rhino. The RZR is faster and has way more aftermarket options than the Rhino or Teryx. There are a few parts worth upgrading right off the bat depending on exactly what model you buy though.

I've been out and haven't looked into anything new for the last 5 years or so.

Vent Racing has a 4 seat conversion for the RZR and it is a great setup. Pro Armor doors are amazing, we used to sell at least 10+ sets a week. Racer Tech does great suspension parts.
struhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 06:59 AM   #31
Rock Stacker

After closing pro armour doors 5-6 times they are ruined. The latch is mounted to the outer door frame. It breaks off eventually. Get blingstar doors for another 50$ they will last forever.

RZR is a sport sxs. The rhino is more..........utility.
for trails get the rzr

Rhino or RZR... opinions? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rhino Racer greasypete Chit Chat 15 04-01-2008 10:34 PM
Lunas Rhino greasypete 2.2 Scale Rigs 29 03-17-2008 09:37 PM
Rhino chassis Barillms Chit Chat 21 11-12-2007 02:14 AM
Rhino/autdesk TLTCrawlin Chit Chat 1 09-01-2007 12:40 AM
yamaha rhino MaXX_CrAWlER7 Chit Chat 1 06-03-2007 01:40 PM