Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Provo Utah Tornado today......

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2006, 11:27 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Provo Utah Tornado today......

It was about 11:45 am this morning i was at my parents house in provo doing the brakes on my jeep when this storm moved in the sky turned from day into night and then you could here the roar of what sounded like a train!. I looked across the street and i could see it forming stupid me stood in driveway in disbelief of this cant be real i watched it as it tore up sheds and leveled corn feilds and then it got closer so i headed for the house after i grabed my parents dog to get him inside.At that time the power went out and all you could hear is a loud loud roar as the house shook like hell then the rain and hail started and it came down hard flooding everything in the neighbor hood after it had passed i had to go see what the hell was going on all you could hear was sirens from emergency vehichals everywhere.So we jumped in the car and found that the neighborhood had been devastated.Parents are without power and they are saying probably 4 days before they get any power back on.Weather is saying that it was a what they call a supercell CAT 5 with lots of rotation they say the difference in a supercell and a tornado is only one thing tornados creat funnels supercells dont but they are close enough to be called a tornado.Our local aiport reported winds in excess of 100MPH and still climbing before they lost power. Here are a few pics

This was a corn feild it has been leveled

01XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-2006, 11:58 PM   #2
RCC Addict

thats storm rocked 15mins of hells fury!
Got Rocks? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 12:00 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Rocks?
thats storm rocked 15mins of hells fury!
Drive around the corner from your place your neighborhood didnt get touched its amazing what one block will do:-(
01XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 12:02 AM   #4
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01XJ
Drive around the corner from your place your neighborhood didnt get touched its amazing what one block will do:-(
its cause your side they are all a bunch of siners! no it is funny though less than a mile away and all we got was wind and rain luckily no damage i was wayyy suprised ...haha at least we dont have to clean up
Old 08-02-2006, 03:17 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
It was about 11:45 am this morning i was at my parents house in provo doing the brakes on my jeep when this storm moved in the sky turned from day into night and then you could here the roar of what sounded like a train!. I looked across the street and i could see it forming stupid me stood in driveway in disbelief of this cant be real i watched it as it tore up sheds and leveled corn feilds and then it got closer so i headed for the house after i grabed my parents dog to get him inside.At that time the power went out and all you could hear is a loud loud roar as the house shook like hell then the rain and hail started and it came down hard flooding everything in the neighbor hood after it had passed i had to go see what the hell was going on all you could hear was sirens from emergency vehichals everywhere.So we jumped in the car and found that the neighborhood had been devastated.Parents are without power and they are saying probably 4 days before they get any power back on.Weather is saying that it was a what they call a supercell CAT 5 with lots of rotation they say the difference in a supercell and a tornado is only one thing tornados creat funnels supercells dont but they are close enough to be called a tornado.Our local aiport reported winds in excess of 100MPH and still climbing before they lost power. Here are a few pics

This was a corn feild it has been leveled

WOW DID'NT HEAR ABOUT THIS AND i'M ONLY 40 MILES NORTH.

Guess that means utah county is'nt that important hahaha
SPECIAL ED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 03:31 PM   #6
RCC Addict

lol it really isnt we are the "BUBBLE"
Old 08-02-2006, 04:30 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

[quote=01XJ]

NOOO MY HOME
MGS511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 11:01 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

[quote=MGS511]
Quote:

NOOO MY HOME
That is GotRocks? house you dick.
or,crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 12:46 AM   #9
RCC Addict

yeah i was sittin there watching peewees playhouse and the wind started to blow thinking nothing of it i get up turn the tv up so i can hear it good and loud went in the bathroom and as i started to drop the cosby kids off at the pool my house (aka trailer) started to rock side to side then all of a sudden WAM hit the roof with a tremendous amount of force blasted my rear straight into the bowl sending crap everywhere!!! they had to use the jaws of life to get me free!!! my butt was so numb! one of the paramedics wipped the brownies off my rear and messauged it till the blood flow returned to normal:-P that was no fun :-(
Old 08-03-2006, 08:19 PM   #10
RCC Addict

WOW!!! I was at work, and that was some pretty strong wind and rain we got!!! NOTHING like that though...Glad to her you are OK...
Going Up! is offline   Reply With Quote