Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Do You Tip At Sonic?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2006, 08:24 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Do You Tip At Sonic?

Just a random (PBB-like) chat question.

All of the Sonics have moved out of Richmond, but when the wife and I are on the road, we HAVE to stop at Sonic for her (and Bojangles for me). In my head, it is just a fast food joint and I don't tip, but I have to question my frugality of not giving a little to the cute girl on roller skates that brought the food right to my vehicle. I wouldn't mind tipping the cutie a little, but the other part of my head tells me that she is a fast food worker, and is paid hourly for her overall worth to the organization. I have noticed a slight look of disappointment in their faces when I pay them with the exact amount due and nothing extra................or am I just imagining that?

Do Sonic "waitresses" make waiter wages, or paid normally? Do you tip them?
Robb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-2006, 08:26 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Yes I tip, and you are a cheap jerk!

Last edited by rockwerks; 08-07-2006 at 08:32 PM.
rockwerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 08:29 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Uhhhh over-reaction?

I always try to tip-but then again I also go to school with half the people that work in Fastfood or groceries around here
Highmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 08:41 PM   #4
CSR
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb
Sonic "waitresses"
"Carhops", I tip 'em. Especially if the weather is bad, or if they're extra courteous, or cute.......
CSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 08:44 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSR
"Carhops", I tip 'em. Especially if the weather is bad, or if they're extra courteous, or cute.......
So Robb is the only cheap AZZ! good to hear!
Old 08-07-2006, 08:45 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

At the sonic I go to, there is one cute girl that works there who always flirts with me and my friends when we go there, I always tip her. There are also the "not so cute" carhops, I dont tip them, probably because one time one of em literally threw the bag of food through my window at me.
kerosinek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 08:48 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerosinek
At the sonic I go to, there is one cute girl that works there who always flirts with me and my friends when we go there, I always tip her. There are also the "not so cute" carhops, I dont tip them, probably because one time one of em literally threw the bag of food through my window at me.
then they get the one ONE PENNY TIP
Old 08-07-2006, 08:49 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockwerks
So Robb is the only cheap AZZ! good to hear!
You done? Or do you want to whine about me in every other post here
Robb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 08:50 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

I always tip a little...I would want tips if i worked there.
-Dalton
hotrodzach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 08:51 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb
You done? Or do you want to whine about me in every other post here
Ouch! I guess that hit a lil too close to home........and by the way you brought the subject up
Old 08-07-2006, 09:16 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Pizza guy get $5 unless im really hurtin. Sonic, it depends if Im in a good mood and also how hot the carhop is. If Im in a good mood itll be a buck or two no matter who it is. If the chic is smokin, $5 to her.
mtdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 09:25 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

do they even hire guys for carhops? I don't remember ever seeing one
-Dalton
hotrodzach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 09:51 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Talking

I look at it like this; Life is filled with choices.You make the moves for your own life.I hate people that take a job that pays in tips only,then expect to get $5-$10 tips for 2 minutes of service time total.This is what I do;If they come out and give me common sense items i.e. ketchup with fries,straws with drinks etc,etc I'll be more than happy to make their day.But be rude or jack up an order,sorry you ain't gettin nufin!I don't care how firm and perky your 19 years young breast are.Well....then again the boob action might change my mind
ColquittCustom405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 10:05 PM   #14
RCC Addict

i tip at any restaurant where someone takes your order, brings your food to you, and gives service without attitude. i'm not looking for and @$$ kissing, just good, friendly service. i do not tip at any place that has a tip jar next to the register. sorry starbucks employees, you are not getting my change. go get a different job. or, take the tip out of the $4.00 you charge for my double espresso.
gregrocks90046 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 10:07 PM   #15
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColquittCustom405
I look at it like this; Life is filled with choices.You make the moves for your own life.I hate people that take a job that pays in tips only,then expect to get $5-$10 tips for 2 minutes of service time total.This is what I do;If they come out and give me common sense items i.e. ketchup with fries,straws with drinks etc,etc I'll be more than happy to make their day.But be rude or jack up an order,sorry you ain't gettin nufin!I don't care how firm and perky your 19 years young breast are.Well....then again the boob action might change my mind
I fully agree, and base my tipping the same way..
CLODZIRRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 05:15 AM   #16
Quarry Creeper

^ same here
flatfender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 09:03 AM   #17
Rock Crawler

Most of the cute girls are sweet unitl they get that damn tip. Flirt with you to get the tip and then they are off and aint talking to you no more, its like they are to good after that. I do tip though, unless its ugly *** girl or guy then no.
John Deere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 09:40 AM   #18
RCC Addict

I won't tip for a drink or dessert!
&
I only tip the homely girls!

I'm kinda ugly, so I know how hard it is for "us"!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Deere
Most of the cute girls are sweet unitl they get that damn tip. Flirt with you to get the tip and then they are off and aint talking to you no more
I've been THROWN out of 3 Hooters because I ran my mouth about just that!!!
Theres no reason a girl can bring us over $200. in food & drink, & over charge our tickets because there are so many of us to notice , & then AS SOON AS WE PAY... PooF! No more drinks! No more titties!! No more $luts!!! Some of my boy's left $20.- $60. tips... ( Beer + Titties/***)

I've spent $20.00 at a Mom & Pop restaraunt, then left a $10.00 tip, because of SERVICE! So it all depends
raytard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 10:07 AM   #19
06 Super National Champ

This discussion reminds me of the opening scene to Reservoir Dogs.

I've been to Sonic once, and that was just the drive-thru. Of course we didn't tip there.

Another interesting comparison is the local buffet.

We have a pizza buffet here in town. Go in, pay for your buffet and drink, go get your own food/drink and you're done. No big deal.

At the local Souper!Salad (soup/salad buffet, naturally) you go in, pay for your buffet and drink, but they have "waitresses" that bring you your drink.

Of course you're expected to tip.

Here's how I found out...I went in one day, paid with the debit card, and the woman at the register asked if I'd like cash back.

"Sure, $20"

It was then that she told me that she could only give me $2 so I could tip my "waitress".

Do they really expect me to give $2 to someone that just brings me a soda?

Since that time I've usually left $1 as a tip...except for the cute, flirty girl.

Damn, one time I had a "waitress" there that was sitting at a table eating. I dropped off the laptop (I often take the laptop to get work done), got my food, came back and this woman was standing there sucking her fingers clean!

"What can I get you?"

I wanted to tell her "You can start by getting your damn fingers out of your mouth", but didn't.

She did the same thing when a couple of other customers came in. I warned them ahead of time what she'd done, then she came over and did it right in front of them, saying "Yeah, I was trying to eat as well, but customers come first."

JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote