Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Discovery Channel- Fast and Loud

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2012, 04:39 PM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Discovery Channel- Fast and Loud

Like the show and the guys in the shop. Dig the Count's show as well.
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2012, 07:45 PM   #22
I wanna be Dave

I like the show. It's not about totally restoring rides to show condition. It's about buying cheap, and making them look good so someone buys them for a payday.

Dude lost $14000 in the last one I saw
Harvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 08:01 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

My kind of cars.

I can't afford $50,000.00+ toy. Hell if I had one, I'd probably be afraid to drive it.

Naaaa, much prefer a rat rod, or clean streetable ride that cost me under 20 Gs. That way I can drive the sh!t out of it, take it out every weekend, and just enjoy it.

Some of the resto's, muscle cars, and hot/street rods I see are astronomically expensive. Love looking at them, can appreciate the workmanship, time, investment, and quality of them and I don't look down on anyone who enjoys them, they're just not for me.

At some point in the next five years, I want to pick up a clean 60s Lincoln Continental and have fun with it. Maybe some bags, big(ger) wheels, and murder it out.
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 07:35 PM   #24
RCC Addict

I like the show and watch it here and there. I don't throw down what I am doing to see it though. One thing that gets me..........is the guy from Sweden. You mean to tell me that he flies over to go to Gas Monkey just to buy a Caddy. They always say "Well he just happened to be in town." He is in almost every damn episode. Bullshit! He is either an actor, or he is getting paid by the garage/network to show up and make things look good.
AddictedtoRC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:16 PM   #25
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddictedtoRC1 View Post
I like the show and watch it here and there. I don't throw down what I am doing to see it though. One thing that gets me..........is the guy from Sweden. You mean to tell me that he flies over to go to Gas Monkey just to buy a Caddy. They always say "Well he just happened to be in town." He is in almost every damn episode. Bullshit! He is either an actor, or he is getting paid by the garage/network to show up and make things look good.
Never been to Sweden but I can't imagine the demand for caddies is so high that he's shipping them over seas for a profit.

One thing that always gets me about this type of show is they always act like their worried about making money when you know their getting paid a lot more just to be on the show. I like the show ok but it seems more "show" then a legit business.
SINister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:28 PM   #26
Status...ADDICTED!

The show is OK, don't really care for the main dude. I much prefer Counting Cars...The Count is a cool cat!
ceedawwg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:16 PM   #27
~THE SCALE SHOP~

looks like there starting the drama on counts show. anyone catch the commerical for the season ender? it could be just editing though. Count: "i dont mean to sound rude but i dont care what you think"
i hope they dont start there usual drama like they add to all there other shows.
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 03:46 PM   #28
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SINister View Post
Never been to Sweden but I can't imagine the demand for caddies is so high that he's shipping them over seas for a profit.
A guy from Saudi Arabia bought a restored MG that belonged to a friends brother, and showed up personally to pay for it. People with money do strange things sometimes. Maybe he just wanted to take the trip?

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS View Post
i hope they dont start there usual drama like they add to all there other shows.
They will. They always do.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:25 PM   #29
I wanna be Dave

I had to laugh out loud last night, the guys are picking up some seats from the upholstery lady. She says something to them, they give a wise-crack back at her and without missing a beat, she says " they no gas monkey, they ass monkey!"
BigSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:57 PM   #30
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bukwylde View Post
Main Guy is a Deush. The mechanic is spineless. I just saw an episode where the Mechanic let the main guy make a 15 grand profit on a car sold to his father in law. I prefer Counts Customs on the History Channel.
WTF is he supposed to do give the vehicle away because of a relation when it could be sold to some random for at least as much? Hell no, I'll give family a break but it's always near market value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddictedtoRC1 View Post
There was a couple in my old home town that flew over from Australia buying and fixing old junk and sticking it in conex containers bound for home. They were here for well over a year and they bought some JUNK and shipped it home...
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:37 PM   #31
Quarry Creeper

I don't like the fact they put safety aside for tv. Some of the work they are doing without any eye protection blows me away. They are idiots as far as safety goes.

I liked the episode of Counting Cars with Elvira. I'm a big T-bird fan.
4VRYNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:41 PM   #32
Rock Crawler

Aaron's beard is majestic. Richard is a douchey dirtbag. I like Counting Cars better
Soulo747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:47 PM   #33
WOOPOOW!!

The upholstery lady Sue cracks me the fawk up. Reminds me of

"Gard dam mongorians knock down my sh-itty wawwur!!"

Watch fast and loud every night, Aaron is cool as hell and Richard reminds me of that uncle of mine that never shuts the hell up but is fun to hang around with sometimes.

I was reading up to see how the actual outcome of this shows work is, and found out that there had been a scandal where someone who works at gas monkey sexually harrassed a little girl. I didnt feel like reading into it too much because I had better things to do.
Colby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:04 AM   #34

My best guess.....Richard is supposed to come off as a pompous ass... That is one of the biggest draws of watching the show.... A love to hate relationship with the main character.

The Count on the other show.... To me is an idiot D-Bag that rode the shirt tails of Pawn Stars to get a spin off show of his own. Primpy Vegas wanna-be biker type running a shop with his daddies money.

THX_138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:15 PM   #35
RCC Addict

As for long builds, they are great for people that want perfect cars, but not for TV.

Gas Monkey holds interest by flipping cars the way they do. If you saw the same car, week in and out, slowly coming together, the show would have already been cancelled.

While Richard is a little goofy, he seems like a decent enough guy and certainly isn't out screwing everyone. I am sure he is a kick to hang out with drinking a few brews.

On the money end, things are worth what some one will pay you, as was found out last week when they took a big hit. The fact that these go to no reserve auctions for the most part puts their money where the mouth is for sure. Richard is obviously a gambler and likes to operate this way. I can't see a guy with that high of an energy level doing a 6 month build. He obviously has ADD to the max.
TexasSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 08:43 AM   #36
MODERHATER™

666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 08:49 AM   #37
I wanna be Dave

"Your dagger tattoo looks like a penis"
ROWDY RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 08:51 AM   #38
~THE SCALE SHOP~

holy crap. spot on.
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 08:52 AM   #39
Fan of wheelspeed

x2. They hit the nail on the head.
Hoosierdady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:02 AM   #40
Rock Crawler

Who thinks the IRS will audit him after seeing all the cash dealings?
Propane is offline   Reply With Quote

Discovery Channel- Fast and Loud - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fast N loud on Discovery? Colby Chit Chat 6 06-14-2012 08:47 AM
It's loud! Mortimer Snerd Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 4 04-01-2010 10:05 PM
Discovery Channel: Time Warp, premiers tonight! STANG KILLA SS Chit Chat 13 10-16-2008 07:17 PM
How loud? rizzle23 Newbie General 5 01-17-2006 07:48 PM
Emaxx and Airtronics M8 - 3rd channel shifing servo control KNOB fast enough? rocksandrolls Electronics 7 03-12-2005 09:13 AM