Notices

Thread: Discovery Channel- Fast and Loud

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2012, 06:43 PM   #61
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Discovery Channel- Fast and Loud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belfast View Post
Rumor has it there will be a biker build off with GMG, JJ, JR, & OCC in December.
Not Rumor Fact
CantonAreaCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2012, 08:38 AM   #62
RCC Addict

So we get to listen to JJ whine and be an ass again then whine some more when he loses.

"All they make is themed bikes" waaaaaaaaa, "I have the only rider" waaaaaaaaaa, "I made a copper bike before Jr" waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, "but I hand made my frame because I learned how to blacksmith in Israel" waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, "My tank holds more than theirs" waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, "I'm gonna send you all penis cakes now" waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Personally I wish they we bring the biker build offs back with lesser name people. So much talent out there just to focus on a few.
TexasSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:33 AM   #63
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColquittCustom405 View Post
How many chances is JJ gonna get?

Monster Garage?
Motorcycle Mania?
I'm not a champion of JJ by any means, but weren't both of those shows huge hits? Didn't Motorcycle Mania start the whole building choppers on TV craze?
gregrocks90046 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:46 AM   #64
I wanna be Dave

There was, for a short time, another type of build off show when the 'constant' had something like 48 hrs. to completely assemble the bike, if they pulled it off they got to keep the bike. I don't remember the name of the shop but it had an English guy that owned the shop, he built some really cool, simple and clean looking bikes.
BigSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:53 AM   #65
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSki View Post
There was, for a short time, another type of build off show when the 'constant' had something like 48 hrs. to completely assemble the bike, if they pulled it off they got to keep the bike. I don't remember the name of the shop but it had an English guy that owned the shop, he built some really cool, simple and clean looking bikes.
Russell from exile cycles.
DRCrawlGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:40 PM   #66
Rock Crawler

I've been watching all these shows. The GMG guys had me fooled, up until they started building this '32 3-window in the last episode.

The guy is sleeping in the car, there's no interior, no wiring, no steering column, etc. etc. It's just a shell on a rolling chassis. And he says "we've got to be at auction with this thing in three hours."

BS. All the work that was left on that car at the moment he said that... wiring, plumbing, brakes, exhaust.... I don't care if you got a crew of 20 guys working on it, to take ANY vehicle from the state that one was in to a sale-ready car in 3 hrs. is IMPOSSIBLE. There was another WEEK worth of work on that car at LEAST!!! I've built a few Hot Rods from the ground up like that. To do it in three days... even if EVERYTHING was MADE to go together, and EVERYTHING fell together just right... can't be done. Not possible.

Either that, or their stuff looks good from 20 feet back but up close... oh damn.

And about the Swedish guy that comes on the show... I would believe that. A few years ago a friend of mine packed up an entire '72 AMC Javelin, six AMC V-8's, two rearends, a couple complete interiors and a smorgasboard of other AMC parts into a huge crate and shipped them to Sweden for a guy.

Last year, I loaded a '53 Chrysler New Yorker (with a 331 Hemi in it) barn-find project car onto a trailer, bound for the east coast to load it onto a boat and ship it to DENMARK!

Apparently, there are no shortage of car-crazy people on the other side of the pond who have too much money.
JavelinSST390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:40 PM   #67
I wanna be Dave

I wonder what will be in store for the next season of GMG, it seems like Richard is getting tired of loosing money..
BigSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:12 PM   #68
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSki View Post
I wonder what will be in store for the next season of GMG, it seems like Richard is getting tired of loosing money..
Just remember like any other reality show, you are only seeing the parts edited the way they want you to see them. Somehow, I doubt Richard is losing money the way they show it.

I would bet he does more than flip cars quick for cash. His business is probably more stable than that.
TexasSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:05 PM   #69
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSP View Post
Just remember like any other reality show, you are only seeing the parts edited the way they want you to see them. Somehow, I doubt Richard is losing money the way they show it.

I would bet he does more than flip cars quick for cash. His business is probably more stable than that.
He is already a millionaire so losing a few thousand to him isn't much but on the show they make it seem like he is losing his behind. I like the show its something fresh until it wears itself out.
DRCrawlGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 07:35 AM   #70
~THE SCALE SHOP~

anybody watch the bandit part 1 and 2 shows? part 2 was last night. id say the best ever. of course im a hug fan of the movies and the car, but the part 2 was pretty good. the dream sequence was awesome. they spent a ton of money and time on that skit. and Richard appeared to even shaved his goatee for the part of burt. the out takes were pretty good too. hopeing it shows up on youtube soon.

anyone watch it?
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 07:39 AM   #71
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS View Post
anybody watch the bandit part 1 and 2 shows? part 2 was last night. id say the best ever. of course im a hug fan of the movies and the car, but the part 2 was pretty good. the dream sequence was awesome. they spent a ton of money and time on that skit. and Richard appeared to even shaved his goatee for the part of burt. the out takes were pretty good too. hopeing it shows up on youtube soon.

anyone watch it?

Was the best show yet!! that dream was funny shit! and I too love the movie I can't beleive Crisity (how ever you spell her name) agreed to get into that wedding dress haha.
jammin311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 08:10 AM   #72
Quarry Creeper

Big fan of show . It is now time to be THAT GUY ! I grew up in Jupiter . I moved away wright after school. I was loving seeing them drive around down there. Some of it was on a1a , and us 1 . The 90 degr. turn the drove on was in the movie . I have ruined more than a few rear tires in that corner . I was dating a girl that lived like two roads over from his ranch in west Jupiter , were the curve is.

To boot I had a 79 firebird , and worked at the Burt Rynolds dinner theater !!!!

Allthough his big house is not really in jupiter it is wright on the line for Stewart / Jupiter . No idea why that matters enough to have put it here. Sorry

Last edited by alabamaman; 12-10-2013 at 08:14 AM. Reason: mis spell
alabamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 08:23 AM   #73
Pebble Pounder

By the time i get to watch it i'll be too old to do so. Our
T.V programs are crap.Saying that,it is free and anything is
better than watching west coast customs....
thecrusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 08:51 AM   #74

what i want to know is if they were literally to the last second getting the 3rd motor in before it needed to be delivered, how did they get time to produce the dream sequence?

i dig the show. i would love to hang out with those guys. hell i'd love to sweep the shop floor...

and burt wasnt looking too good... sad to see.
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 09:22 AM   #75
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhoopty View Post
what i want to know is if they were literally to the last second getting the 3rd motor in before it needed to be delivered, how did they get time to produce the dream sequence?

i dig the show. i would love to hang out with those guys. hell i'd love to sweep the shop floor...

Reality TV should be labeled "Reality" TV* with the other astrick next to this;

*TV show is loosely based on real events but heavily scripted and edited to create drama and conflict from situations where there actually is very little.

I can't watch reality tv any more myself, it's mostly the same crap formula applied to different situations.........plus I have a co-worker than manufactures enough drama at work that I don't need to watch more afterwork too. I'm pretty sure she's going crazy and trying to take the rest of us with her......................
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 09:32 AM   #76
Pebble Pounder

Unfortunatly everything on TV is BS.
Old 12-10-2013, 09:33 AM   #77
Pebble Pounder

National geographic is where its at
Old 12-10-2013, 09:39 AM   #78
I wanna be Dave

As a car guy, I was very interested to see this show when it first came out. I must admit, however, that I had my apprehensions. Why? 'Cause Gas Monkey has a shitty reputation among the hot rod community. There are numerous rumors abound about how they bought nearly completed, radical, hot rod projects from some builders. Then they proceeded to go to the Lone Star Round Up here in Austin, displayed those cars (now with GMG logos), and claimed they had done all the work. This was back in the '04-'06 timeframe. I can't confirm it firsthand, but I've heard it from so many other builders and shops that I don't doubt it in the least. And after seeing the cars they "build" and how they do it....well, it doesn't help their case.

Regarding the show... The owner comes across as a total douchebag (and I don't think it's an act). I don't like people like him. He's the main reason I can't watch the show. I'm also really not a fan of the way they build most of their cars....style or quality. They've also ruined some really cool cars....and no, I'm not a purist.

When I watch a car show, I'd prefer to see the fab work and the thought processes going with the decisions made. If I want to see acting I'll hit up Netflix.
Tommy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 11:20 AM   #79
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

I think the dream stuff was filmed with the rental car , as they call it.
I would also love to be a grunt in that shop. Tom kills me !
I read or something when he left Cali. to move back home he could not fly from the pain . He bought an rv and had to lay on bed to get back home.
He used to do a lot of his own stunts , I think that is why is messed up.
I never got to talk to him , we were not allowed to talk to him unless he spoke to us first .
One guy that worked there nearly run him over with a plate warmer . Funny at the time.
alabamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 07:29 PM   #80
Pebble Pounder

Quote:

Filmed three or more months ago. And after the rally race the new owner let them use it for the filming. Then they wait for the show to air and they sell the car. They have a link on thier FB.
Burntnuts is offline   Reply With Quote

Discovery Channel- Fast and Loud - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fast N loud on Discovery? Colby Chit Chat 6 06-14-2012 08:47 AM
It's loud! Mortimer Snerd Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 4 04-01-2010 10:05 PM
Discovery Channel: Time Warp, premiers tonight! STANG KILLA SS Chit Chat 13 10-16-2008 07:17 PM
How loud? rizzle23 Newbie General 5 01-17-2006 07:48 PM
Emaxx and Airtronics M8 - 3rd channel shifing servo control KNOB fast enough? rocksandrolls Electronics 7 03-12-2005 09:13 AM