RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/)
-   -   Discovery Channel- Fast and Loud (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/403620-discovery-channel-fast-loud.html)

BigSki 09-20-2012 08:29 AM

Discovery Channel- Fast and Loud

Anyone else watching it? I'm liking it so far. It's refreshing to see someone dump an assload of money into a project, hoping for a profit, only to take a loss at an auction. And the car flipping wheeling and dealing, I've done my share of the same thing so I can appreciate making a fast buck and all of the headaches that go along with it.

http://www.bcliving.ca/sites/default...t_N_Loud_1.jpg

Brandon 09-20-2012 08:34 AM

Re: Discovery Channel- Fast and Loud

Yup I enjoy the show. Some of the cars they turn out are motivating... One of these days when I have the garage space :evil:

Pdog7 09-20-2012 10:03 AM

Yep. I like the show also."thumbsup"
You ever watch Counting Cars? Pretty cool show also along the same lines.

gandergrinder 09-20-2012 10:56 AM

Yep I watch it too. One of my favorite shows.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

STANG KILLA SS 09-20-2012 11:02 AM

the first seasons are always great. im waiting for them to start adding the drama like all shows seem to do.
so far i love it.

adamargue 09-20-2012 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS (Post 3926187)
the first seasons are always great. im waiting for them to start adding the drama like all shows seem to do.
so far i love it.

I like the show i hope the don't start adding drama thats the worst part of discovery channel shows.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Devil Inc 09-20-2012 11:19 AM

I've been watching both, Fast & Loud and Counting Cars. I keep telling my wife I'm gonna grow my beard out to the length of the one guy on F&L. The show I don't care to watch is that Texas Car Wars show, although the Rodriguez guy turns out some nice looking stuff.

BigSki 09-20-2012 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS (Post 3926187)
so far i love it.

I agree, lets hope they can keep this one as real as possible. The main guy, Richard, makes plenty of his own drama. I like how the upholstery lady 'Sue' is always bustin' his ballz and calling him a redneck. :lmao:

Hounddad 09-20-2012 12:54 PM

Season 2 will most likely be, "Fast and Loud, Richard vs. Aaron."

Can't wait.

TexasSP 09-20-2012 02:17 PM

I love the show. As long as they stick to the way it is I will watch. If they go the direction of Sons of Guns I will turn it off.

microgoat 09-20-2012 03:42 PM

They should call it Fast & Cheap instead.

Those cars have a lot more potential than slapping a crate motor in. The Ford "gasser" they built was a goddamn mess. At least they flipped that big-block Galaxie rather than molest it.

And I'm so fawking tired of "we only have 3 days to get this car to the auction" builds :roll:

Build it slow, build it right, and spend the money up front, and you'll make a lot more than these goddamn flippers. And you'll make it honestly.

JasonInAugusta 09-20-2012 03:56 PM

I find the main guy (one that wants to look like Hetfield from Metallica) annoying.

Two episodes is all I could stomach.

djjiz 09-20-2012 04:10 PM

My favorite part is when the Amish dude stutters when his boss asks if the car is ready.

hellbounder 09-20-2012 04:18 PM

I watch . There cool guys . I've hungout with them at lonestar roundup . A friend of mine will be on this season selling them a model a body.

62PYRO 09-20-2012 04:44 PM

I've watched it a few times.My problem is,they seem to hack and want a HUGE profit.Just think what it does to the prices when REAL people want to buy a project.

Burntnuts 09-20-2012 04:50 PM

What I like about both is that they appreciate all ages, makes, models and conditions.

Bukwylde 09-22-2012 02:20 PM

Main Guy is a Deush. The mechanic is spineless. I just saw an episode where the Mechanic let the main guy make a 15 grand profit on a car sold to his father in law. I prefer Counts Customs on the History Channel.

microgoat 09-22-2012 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bukwylde (Post 3929564)
Main Guy is a Deush. The mechanic is spineless.

And the underpants gnomes have a better business plan.

17dean 09-22-2012 03:06 PM

I like Fast and Loud too. Been watching One car too far as well with the guys stranded with the Jeep.

Bukwylde 09-22-2012 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by microgoat (Post 3929571)
And the underpants gnomes have a better business plan.

Main guy has a SERIOUS gambling problem!