RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/)
-   -   What it takes to bring an old homestead back (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/412960-what-takes-bring-old-homestead-back.html)

neillarson 11-29-2012 07:13 PM

Re: What it takes to bring an old homestead back

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeremyH (Post 4038658)
Two big dogs?

Got that too. 2 Boxers. But the insurance discount makes the alarm system service pay for itself. Of course I am still out the equipment and installation. As I am going back to work part time sometime in the spring, it also gives my wife a little peace of mind when I am traveling.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sally1800 (Post 4038665)
Enjoy your retirement.

Any Plans on a Chicken Coup?

Lol, my wife would ring my neck. She was leery about the cow until I started talking about pigs. Then the cow became attractive.

Funny too, because she is afraid of cows. One of our neighbor's cows was out the last 2 days. The first time it stood in the road and challenged her in her car. It ran off when I came up on them in the truck. Today it was in our driveway trimming my grass. Got a bit frisky when I ran it off. Some kind of a cross breed. It has a large back hump like a Brahma and horns similar to a longhorn but only about 3.5 feet across. It is a good bit taller at the back than the the roof of my wife's Altima.

Thanks for the well wishes Brian.

losikid 11-29-2012 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neillarson (Post 4038757)
Got that too. 2 Boxers. But the insurance discount makes the alarm system service pay for itself. Of course I am still out the equipment and installation. As I am going back to work part time sometime in the spring, it also gives my wife a little peace of mind when I am traveling.

Lol, my wife would ring my neck. She was leery about the cow until I started talking about pigs. Then the cow became attractive.

Funny too, because she is afraid of cows. One of our neighbor's cows was out the last 2 days. The first time it stood in the road and challenged her in her car. It ran off when I came up on them in the truck. Today it was in our driveway trimming my grass. Got a bit frisky when I ran it off. Some kind of a cross breed. It has a large back hump like a Brahma and horns similar to a longhorn but only about 3.5 feet across. It is a good bit taller at the back than the the roof of my wife's Altima.

Thanks for the well wishes Brian.

100 cows sound better than afew pigs...i hate pigs with a passion. I ain't scared of them, just...the stench of a pig farmer

You ought to get her a little toy australian shepard. Makes an awesome little cow dog/chaser and small enough to go everywhere

C*H*U*D 11-30-2012 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neillarson (Post 4016076)
...part time Gigs that will probably be mainly in Chicago, Baltimore, Dallas, LA, Atlanta and New York.

Now that you're retired, you should take some time to travel. You know, get out and see America.

:mrgreen:

neillarson 11-30-2012 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeremyH (Post 4038658)
Two big dogs?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sally1800 (Post 4038665)
Enjoy your retirement.

Any Plans on a Chicken Coup?

Quote:

Originally Posted by C*H*U*D (Post 4039352)
Now that you're retired, you should take some time to travel. You know, get out and see America.

We have been doing the RV thing for awhile, actually giving my BIL our old one. We will still do some travel, but mainly via the car and good hotels. My wife is afraid to fly, lol.

crawlhog 12-02-2012 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C*H*U*D (Post 4039352)

good idea , you can sell the items you stole thief:flipoff:
going thru life fat , stupid and a thief is no way to go thru life.
we will meet again and I will enjoy it

neillarson 12-02-2012 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crawlhog (Post 4042739)
good idea , you can sell the items you stole thief:flipoff:
going thru life fat , stupid and a thief is no way to go thru life.
we will meet again and I will enjoy it

Man you really need to lay off the dope and fnd a good psychiatrist.

I even offered to pay you for the cheap items you gave me then decided you had LOANED me, a pair of cheap gloves and a plastic welding hammer. There are still sitting as I decided to buy ones. At this point I will just burn them on the next trash run. Espically after you stole them from your job.

neillarson 12-03-2012 07:17 PM

Last night was the first night in the new house. Sure as hell beats the RV. Found fresh deer tracks in the backyard and beside the house. My poor dogs are so used to the city, they even ignore the coyotes.

neillarson 02-09-2013 02:52 PM

January was kind of dead but got a little done this week. Little shop is all wired and lights installed. Dug 2 80" trenches yesterday, one to bring power in and one out to the site we are building a tractor shed/barn.

http://i630.photobucket.com/albums/u...psf99af23a.jpg
http://i630.photobucket.com/albums/u...ps4547ea07.jpg

Got 2 wall panels in place today, 12 more to go. Hoping to get at least that done by Monday evening as I will be off my feet for a couple weeks after a knee replacement on Tuesday.

neillarson 03-28-2013 02:55 PM

We have nailed down the "yard", about 3.5 acres. Today my wife cut it, 3rd time, so it is starting to look like a lawn. Took her about 4 to 5 hours. I did a couple hours on the front end loader then another couple on the bush hog. The bush hog was tough on the new knee. The MF has a tough clutch, like to have wore my knee out.

I took a break and went to get gas and diesel. While I was out I realized people are still wearing jackets, at 68 degrees, lol. My wife and I were working in shorts and tanks. Maybe next year I will be the same after I acclimate.