Thread: What it takes to bring an old homestead back

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2012, 07:13 PM   #41
RCC Addict

Default Re: What it takes to bring an old homestead back

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
Two big dogs?
Got that too. 2 Boxers. But the insurance discount makes the alarm system service pay for itself. Of course I am still out the equipment and installation. As I am going back to work part time sometime in the spring, it also gives my wife a little peace of mind when I am traveling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sally1800 View Post
Enjoy your retirement.

Any Plans on a Chicken Coup?
Lol, my wife would ring my neck. She was leery about the cow until I started talking about pigs. Then the cow became attractive.

Funny too, because she is afraid of cows. One of our neighbor's cows was out the last 2 days. The first time it stood in the road and challenged her in her car. It ran off when I came up on them in the truck. Today it was in our driveway trimming my grass. Got a bit frisky when I ran it off. Some kind of a cross breed. It has a large back hump like a Brahma and horns similar to a longhorn but only about 3.5 feet across. It is a good bit taller at the back than the the roof of my wife's Altima.

Thanks for the well wishes Brian.

Last edited by neillarson; 11-29-2012 at 07:53 PM.
neillarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2012, 11:30 PM   #42
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by neillarson View Post
Got that too. 2 Boxers. But the insurance discount makes the alarm system service pay for itself. Of course I am still out the equipment and installation. As I am going back to work part time sometime in the spring, it also gives my wife a little peace of mind when I am traveling.

Lol, my wife would ring my neck. She was leery about the cow until I started talking about pigs. Then the cow became attractive.

Funny too, because she is afraid of cows. One of our neighbor's cows was out the last 2 days. The first time it stood in the road and challenged her in her car. It ran off when I came up on them in the truck. Today it was in our driveway trimming my grass. Got a bit frisky when I ran it off. Some kind of a cross breed. It has a large back hump like a Brahma and horns similar to a longhorn but only about 3.5 feet across. It is a good bit taller at the back than the the roof of my wife's Altima.

Thanks for the well wishes Brian.
100 cows sound better than afew pigs...i hate pigs with a passion. I ain't scared of them, just...the stench of a pig farmer

You ought to get her a little toy australian shepard. Makes an awesome little cow dog/chaser and small enough to go everywhere
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:31 AM   #43
No idea what I'm doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by neillarson View Post
...part time Gigs that will probably be mainly in Chicago, Baltimore, Dallas, LA, Atlanta and New York.
Now that you're retired, you should take some time to travel. You know, get out and see America.

C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:30 PM   #44
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
Two big dogs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sally1800 View Post
Enjoy your retirement.

Any Plans on a Chicken Coup?
Quote:
Originally Posted by C*H*U*D View Post
Now that you're retired, you should take some time to travel. You know, get out and see America.

We have been doing the RV thing for awhile, actually giving my BIL our old one. We will still do some travel, but mainly via the car and good hotels. My wife is afraid to fly, lol.
Old 12-02-2012, 09:08 AM   #45
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by C*H*U*D View Post

good idea , you can sell the items you stole thief
going thru life fat , stupid and a thief is no way to go thru life.
we will meet again and I will enjoy it

Last edited by crawlhog; 12-02-2012 at 09:11 AM.
crawlhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:17 AM   #46
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawlhog View Post
good idea , you can sell the items you stole thief
going thru life fat , stupid and a thief is no way to go thru life.
we will meet again and I will enjoy it
Man you really need to lay off the dope and fnd a good psychiatrist.

I even offered to pay you for the cheap items you gave me then decided you had LOANED me, a pair of cheap gloves and a plastic welding hammer. There are still sitting as I decided to buy ones. At this point I will just burn them on the next trash run. Espically after you stole them from your job.

Last edited by neillarson; 12-02-2012 at 09:30 AM.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:17 PM   #47
RCC Addict

Last night was the first night in the new house. Sure as hell beats the RV. Found fresh deer tracks in the backyard and beside the house. My poor dogs are so used to the city, they even ignore the coyotes.
Old 02-09-2013, 02:52 PM   #48
RCC Addict

January was kind of dead but got a little done this week. Little shop is all wired and lights installed. Dug 2 80" trenches yesterday, one to bring power in and one out to the site we are building a tractor shed/barn.

Got 2 wall panels in place today, 12 more to go. Hoping to get at least that done by Monday evening as I will be off my feet for a couple weeks after a knee replacement on Tuesday.
Old 03-28-2013, 02:55 PM   #49
RCC Addict

We have nailed down the "yard", about 3.5 acres. Today my wife cut it, 3rd time, so it is starting to look like a lawn. Took her about 4 to 5 hours. I did a couple hours on the front end loader then another couple on the bush hog. The bush hog was tough on the new knee. The MF has a tough clutch, like to have wore my knee out.

I took a break and went to get gas and diesel. While I was out I realized people are still wearing jackets, at 68 degrees, lol. My wife and I were working in shorts and tanks. Maybe next year I will be the same after I acclimate.

What it takes to bring an old homestead back - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bring old batteries back to life minijosh Electronics 12 11-21-2011 09:32 PM
Bring back the Samurai rockwalker Chit Chat 21 09-20-2011 07:08 PM
How to bring an overdischarged lipo back trailduster79 Electronics 22 05-08-2009 04:01 PM