Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Appliance Car Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2012, 01:52 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Appliance Car Forums

Does anybody else here own a mid size family sedan/appliance car and belong to an owner's forum for it? Since buying my Chrysler 200 Touring, I have found owners forums for that as well as it's platform mate, the Dodge Avenger. Every once in a while we'll get posts that are either irate owners or interwebz trolls (sometimes I'm not sure which) that either tale an existing topic and start ranting about what is likely a non issue or an easily corrected one. There was just a new thread started that has almost left me dumbfounded and I have to ask, are most appliance car owners really this stupid?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstcause View Post
Does anyone have a solution for this TPM light that comes on when the weather gets cold and the tires are full of air? Is this just another something that must be fixed by the dealer to suck money out of the owners pocket. This car is becoming a big disappointment.
I did respond, without first asking "ARE YOU FAWKING STUPID?!", It is a bit rambling, but it was also 2:30am when I started my response

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJoe View Post
Just put more air in the tire, it's not the fault of the car, it's tires, or it's TPMS. Air molecules get smaller as it gets cold out and you have to increase the amount of air in the tires accordingly. It's like that on any vehicle, just now with the TPMS in cars today, it's brought to the attention of the car owner by that system instead of coming out on a cold morning to find a half deflated tire.
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2012, 02:04 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Appliance Car Forums

i am a admin on a car forum for 80's and 90's turbo dodge's and trust me its people, they seem to find new and more stupid things to ask, the other day there was a guy that asked if he changed the types of power steering pumps if the hoses would interchange when they were differnt shapes and size! O_O
turbomini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:20 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

I was hoping that those were deep enough into enthusiast territory by now that dumb questions wouldn't be as prevelent on those. I'll never forget getting asked by a UTI student working at a local Pep Boys if the turbo system on my Lebaron would fit his riced, base model, OHV 2.2l Cavalier. Also had somebody return a Tyco slot car set to the Toy's "R" Us I worked at because the cars would come off the track in the corners.......then got pissed at me when I suggested that from personal experiance, I found that slowing down for the corner tended to help.......to which he replied "They should have fixed that problem by now!".......ever since then I have used the phrase, "The laws of physics still apply!" when selling slot car sets and get asked about the cars road holding capabilities.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:03 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

It's a 200, expect owners to be typical mindsets of "its just a car to get me to point A to B". When you talk about ordinary commuter cars you often find their owners are lacking in the mechanical ability to even understand tire pressures.
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:31 AM   #5
RCC Addict

I had to google 'appliance car'. Hilarious!
gregrocks90046 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:51 AM   #6
Fan of wheelspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregrocks90046 View Post
Appliance car???
Hoosierdady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:16 AM   #7
Scale Detail Engineering

In the late 80's I bought a perfectly good Sunbird (well, as good as a Sunbird can get) from a guy that said the turbo was blown... I arrived, opened the hood to see the car was not a turbo model.

I bought it for $700 and drove the heck outa that little car then sold it for $2000.
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:08 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregrocks90046 View Post
Now that I read your post, I had to Google it too..............UrbanDictionary was dead on, especially on that damned, stupid, ugly golden beige metallic color

Last edited by BJoe; 11-27-2012 at 10:11 AM.

Appliance Car Forums - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rally car forums 322 Rally 2 07-28-2012 11:03 PM
Any Appliance guys??? ridepate Chit Chat 8 04-26-2012 09:06 AM