Notices

Thread: Fwck gun control

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2012, 09:25 AM   #361
No idea what I'm doing

Default Re: Fwck gun control

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaBear View Post

Most of you seem to speaking on pure emotion.
I stopped reading this thread a few days ago for this very reason, but I feel these emotions are coming from both sides of the fence. The same can be said for what is going on in the media right now.

The tragedy that sparked this discussion of gun control isn't even a week old yet, but everyone (on both sides) is freaking out over what to do. Everyone (on both sides) thinks they have the answer.

I really hope there are no knee-jerk reactions and decisions made while these emotions are still so raw. These discussions should have started a long time ago.

I am far from what you would call a gun "enthusiast". I own an 870 Wingmaster, and I can't even remember the last time I shot it. Before last Friday, I was thinking about buying a new rifle. Most of you will probably laugh because I'm thinking of buying a single shot, bolt action .22...not exactly in the same realm of what you all own, but I had one when I was a kid and have always regretted selling it. I don't hunt with a gun since I've always preferred using a bow, even during the regular rifle season. So like I said, you won't see me on the cover of Guns & Ammo anytime soon.

However, I do believe in gun ownership. I don't think banning guns will accomplish anything. There are far too many guns out there right now, and like it's been said before, that Genie is out of the bottle. Personally I don't see a need for civilian rifles to hold 30 rounds in a magazine, but I do believe in others being able to have them if they wish. I also don't see banning them as a solution to anything.

What I'm trying to say is this isn't a black & white issue. Not everyone is either Pro or Anti. There are many like me that don't want to see any kind of ban, but also don't think Gun Control has to be synonymous with giving up your right to bear arms. I do not believe that with today's technology, tracking gun ownership can be that difficult. I do not understand why serial numbers are on lower receivers instead of a barrel which is where ballistics are used. I also don't understand why anyone would be against having their weapons registered, being required to have an ownership license, or be required to take the proper training to own a firearm...these are all things we have to do with a vehicle, so why is it that difficult for a firearm.

I'm not trying to start arguments with my comments. Like I said, I don't "understand" why anyone would be against all of that. If you have a comment that would make me understand your reasoning a bit better, please feel free to post. If all you can come up with, is arguments on how I'm a dumb-ass, communist..blah, blah, blah then keep it to yourself. Those are the kind of comments that turn sensible discussions into trash that nobody wants to read.
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-20-2012, 09:25 AM   #362
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryterror View Post
Skipping these foreigners and their views I'd like to get consensus of US gun owners mainly.

Would you be willing to register all firearms you owned and be able to document sales (no different than most state and federal pistol laws)?

I personally don't think the above is needed, BUT I would gladly do both to allow me my right to ownership of any firearm and without the liberals attacking "looks" when we are taught "Do not judge a book by its cover".

Would you be willing to participate in a training class (just once) and then take tests every 5 years to continue to be allowed to own these firearms?

I'm pretty upset by this talk of ban - our only hope is our republican congress, but even that might fall due to political hopes to remain in the office (politicians often cave to pressure when their job is on the line - best for them, when they are elected to worry not about themselves but their constituents). Maybe they republicans can hold it off because right after this tragedy is not the right thing to do.
I would see that working fine if that would stop talks of banning certain guns based off of looks and mag cap.
joesbruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:35 AM   #363
Suck it up!

You guys do know that even though this is RCC Chit Chat, and people think we are wasting our time talking about this stuff, we can still band together and write up a petition that would hopefully attract our leaders attention.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:48 AM   #364
Yashua

My freedoms are mine, they are givin' to me from God. This is my mindset.
Our goverment are our employees, the congress and senate are our servants, we pay there wages to work upon our behalf not to oppress us and enslave us to there ideals.
I don't believe the goverment will try to overtake its citizenry, but at the same time they enable those with evil intent to get away with most anything and at the same time oppress the law abiding citizens because they "think they know best".
As Ben Franklin replied to the question about the constitution to a citizen, "What sir have you giving us?" The reply was 'A Republic if you can keep it".
We the people are responsible for our nation, not the elected few that are supposed to represent us. "They are supposed to represent us".
Guns will not get banned, I believe, because there are still enough citizens that believe and respect the constitution (for now anyway).
Anti gun advocates expect the goverment to do the protecting, how has that been working?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr6fs View Post
Problem is though if people are not responsible gun owners then it's not your life that's being taken it's kids like those that were murdered.

We could all do what ever we want, but what ever we do and the choices we make have consequences.

Do the consequences really matter so little against your wants?
CREEPERBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:02 AM   #365
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
You guys do know that even though this is RCC Chit Chat, and people think we are wasting our time talking about this stuff, we can still band together and write up a petition that would hopefully attract our leaders attention.
I've already sent emails and letters to my representatives from local to national. Will what i did work...no, but if we all do it people will be forced to notice.
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:03 AM   #366
Suck it up!

Quote:
I've already sent emails and letters to my representatives from local to national. Will what i did work...no, but if we all do it people will be forced to notice.

So lets start a petition. http://www.change.org/petition
Old 12-20-2012, 10:18 AM   #367
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

So lets start a petition. http://www.change.org/petition
I don't believe those to work, hows all those states succession request going based on internet petitions? Oh yeah they aren't mentioned or talked about now...sweep it under the rug.
Old 12-20-2012, 10:23 AM   #368
Suck it up!

Quote:
I don't believe those to work, hows all those states succession request going based on internet petitions? Oh yeah they aren't mentioned or talked about now...sweep it under the rug.
That is because they are a bunch of nutters with poopy pants because their guy didn't win the election.
Old 12-20-2012, 11:01 AM   #369
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREEPERBOB View Post
My freedoms are mine, they are givin' to me from God. This is my mindset.
King John I believe had that same mindset and look where that got him. What you're faing to understand is that if your right adversely affect someone else's, it isn't exactly morally right is it.

The bit on government being employees I agree with. They may come up with new laws around guns, but I doubt the man is going to ban them outright.
Coops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:13 AM   #370
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coops View Post
They may come up with new laws around guns, but I doubt the man is going to ban them outright.
"Right to bear arms" is the legal freedom to all citizens.

"Right to bear SOME arms, that we as politicians have chosen based on 100% lack of knowledge of the industry, and its owners" is what is wanted.

You want to ban guns, then I'd like you to do it at the Constitutional level, because that will never happen.
Old 12-20-2012, 11:37 AM   #371
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
"Right to bear arms" is the legal freedom to all citizens.

"Right to bear SOME arms, that we as politicians have chosen based on 100% lack of knowledge of the industry, and its owners" is what is wanted.

You want to ban guns, then I'd like you to do it at the Constitutional level, because that will never happen.
I never said ban guns. Some guns, perhaps. All guns, not a chance. Mind you they haven't done it in Canada so there really isn't anything to worry about is there.
Coops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:26 PM   #372
Yashua

What you don't seem to understand is I don't affect anyones rights with what I may own,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, unless they should attempt to violate mine then guess what, opps , too bad, bang bang your dead .
That sir, is my right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coops View Post
King John I believe had that same mindset and look where that got him. What you're faing to understand is that if your right adversely affect someone else's, it isn't exactly morally right is it.

The bit on government being employees I agree with. They may come up with new laws around guns, but I doubt the man is going to ban them outright.
CREEPERBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:57 PM   #373
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREEPERBOB View Post
My freedoms are mine, they are givin' to me from God. :
Where did He do that? Corinthians?
Old 12-20-2012, 03:39 PM   #374
Rock Stacker

Heres another good read

If Obama is opposed to guns, why did his administration just purchase 1.6 billion rounds of ammunition and sniper rounds?
Cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 05:32 PM   #375
Suck it up!

I didn't know sniper rounds were totally different classification of ammunition and had to be separated out from the rest.

I haven't even read the article, assuming the author is hinting that all that ammo will be directed at us...
Old 12-20-2012, 05:38 PM   #376
Suck it up!

Ok, part way through. Can anybody find an official quote from Obama supporting this?

Quote:
During all this, Obama and his cohorts in Washington are loudly insisting that American citizens have no right to purchase firearms or ammunition, and that new laws will soon be enacted to make sure you cannot do what the government does: stockpile weapons and ammo.

Learn more: If Obama is opposed to guns, why did his administration just purchase 1.6 billion rounds of ammunition and sniper rounds?
Old 12-20-2012, 06:45 PM   #377
Old guy

Quote:

I didn't know sniper rounds were totally different classification of ammunition and had to be separated out from the rest.
Where have you been, it's the ones you can write the persons name on it and it will hit them. I seen it last saturday morning on TV.
ROCKEDUP RICKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 07:45 PM   #378
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by microgoat View Post
How do you spot the crazies?
easy, just look Duuuuuuuude's avatar ....
bob1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:03 PM   #379
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

sure as hell hope not.

i would like to see the assault weapons bans lifted, id like to see new machineguns imported for civillians. id like class 3 items to be cheaper. id also like to see ammo prices go back to where they should be. would be pretty cool to be able, as a civillian, to see, touch and shoot all sorts of stuff that i only see on the net. pretty sure it will not happen any time soon.

all i can hope for is firearms laws to stay the same and ammo prices will go down.

if ammo goes down i can start competing more frequently again and i can start plinking with my favorite guns again.

im sure you all heard about obamas little tast force with biden leading it to look at the gun laws. makes me sick.
Deerhurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:04 PM   #380
dkf
Rock Crawler

Quote:
im sure you all heard about obamas little tast force with biden leading it to look at the gun laws. makes me sick.
dkf is offline   Reply With Quote

Fwck gun control - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
if you support gun control legislation, consider this ohh EPiC FAiL Chit Chat 0 04-09-2012 02:40 AM
The Nuge on gun control. jason Chit Chat 29 03-09-2010 12:28 PM
Gun Control run2jeepn Chit Chat 16 10-16-2008 01:37 AM
Gun Control STEW<CO> Chit Chat 37 08-18-2007 12:03 AM