Notices

Thread: Fwck gun control

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2013, 02:25 PM   #461
Scale Detail Engineering

Default Re: Fwck gun control

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Slave View Post
I don't get it, are they not doing better statistically than the US? obviously whatever they are doing is more effective than was is being done in America.
Not dentistry!
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2013, 02:28 PM   #462
PapaGriz Yo

Quote:
I don't get it, are they not doing better statistically than the US? obviously whatever they are doing is more effective than was is being done in America.
Yes, gun crime is down. However, why is it ok that it's less? People are still dying. Why is it ok if only less people are dying?

If you can't guarantee that nobody will ever have to defend themself from an attacker or intruder ever again, you shouldn't be able to take away guns. I have no given right to expect the police or military to personally protect me or my family from danger, but I do have the given right to defend myself or someone else if needed.
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:55 PM   #463
Quarry Creeper

gee i dont know grizzly, why is less people dying better than more?
Mr.Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:04 PM   #464
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
While I actually agree with you on this statement, I don't think this issue is as cut and dry as you are trying to make it. Comparing the culture and laws of two countries thousands of miles apart is not easy....
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:08 PM   #465
PapaGriz Yo

Quote:
If the people killed in any one of the incidents were the only people to die in the US this year from a looney with a gun would that then make it better? That seems to be the logic, sacrific a few defenseless people to the loonies so that others may live and call that better.

I would rather take my chances in a society that allows me to have a gun, than one that requires me to be a defenseless sheep waiting to be slaughtered. Because the loonies and bad guys will still have guns after the law abiding citizens are disarmed.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:14 PM   #466
Scale Detail Engineering

I'm not for a ban but it would save all the dummies that accidentally kill themselves or their friends.
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:19 PM   #467
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
While I actually agree with you on this statement, I don't think this issue is as cut and dry as you are trying to make it. Comparing the culture and laws of two countries thousands of miles apart is not easy....
I'm by no means trying to make it black and white. Im not saying america should just cut and paste whatever other countries are exceeding them at regardless of the cultural differences, there are many underlying problems that should start getting addressed. banning guns doesn't work just like banning drugs doesn't work to solve them. Maybe america should take a look at its culture to see where they might be going wrong?

They call America the land of opportunity, now I'm plenty sure that's at least somewhat true for most upper middle classed privileged white kids, I highly doubt that most people resorting to joining gangs and criminal activities are on an equal playing field through no fault of their own other than the accident of their birth. I think the greater the gap between the haves and the have nots the greater the levels of criminal activity.

All your freedoms come at a price, be it accepting someones hate speech or having such easy access to firearms that makes it all to easy for people to arm themselves to the tits and go on a mass shooting rampage.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:24 PM   #468
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I'm by no means trying to make it black and white. Im not saying america should just cut and paste whatever other countries are exceeding them at regardless of the cultural differences, there are many underlying problems that should start getting addressed. banning guns doesn't work just like banning drugs doesn't work to solve them. Maybe america should take a look at its culture to see where they might be going wrong?
That is what you are implying when you are bringing up the UK gun restrictions.

Quote:
They call America the land of opportunity, now I'm plenty sure that's at least somewhat true for most upper middle classed privileged white kids, I highly doubt that most people resorting to joining gangs and criminal activities are on an equal playing field through no fault of their own other than the accident of their birth. I think the greater the gap between the haves and the have nots the greater the levels of criminal activity.
Someone's location of birth dictates all of their actions for the remainder of their life? People don't have free will any more? This country is the land of opportunity for MORE than just the "upper middle class"....if it wasn't, we wouldn't have the influx of immigrants (both legal and illegal) that we currently do.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:26 PM   #469
I wanna be Dave

While I do agree with socioeconomic differences and things going in line with certain status', things also go against the grain. An upper middle class kid shooting up an elementary school or a gang member starting a multi million dollar grocery store chain for instances.

Just because you CAN use a weapon to harm multiple people, doesn't mean you SHOULD. Bottom line is there will always be crazy and someone will use a stone if a rifle isn't handy.
Meatwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:32 PM   #470
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
That is what you are implying when you are bringing up the UK gun restrictions.

Someone's location of birth dictates all of their actions for the remainder of their life? People don't have free will any more? This country is the land of opportunity for MORE than just the "upper middle class"....if it wasn't, we wouldn't have the influx of immigrants (both legal and illegal) that we currently do.
I've been to native reserves. I've been to shitholes.
you can't sit there and tell me they are on equal playing fields, with people not born in a shithole ghetto or on a res. if you honestly believe they do then we have nothing more to discuss.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:37 PM   #471
Yashua

Sounds like excuses instead of reasons.
I was born and raised in a shit hole in Cali called Berdoo. I know plenty of people who are poor, who are minority's and have had some kind of addiction problem or something, yet they never turned into mass murderers.
How easy to make excuses for people when all it comes down to is self accountability, self responsibility.
Of course why blame some useless shithead when we can blame an inanimate object like a gun. The "oh it's not his fault" he's from a bad neighborhood" mentality that propigates this horseshit.
Class warfare, ignorant .

[QUOTE=Mr.Slave;4106822]
QUOTE]
CREEPERBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:38 PM   #472
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
you can't sit there and tell me they are on equal playing fields, with people not born in a shithole ghetto or on a res. if you honestly believe they do then we have nothing more to discuss.
And you've never seen a single person born in one of those locations that did more with their life than join a gang? If so, how do you think they did that? Just dumb luck? I don't think so.

People are much quicker to find an excuse for their bad situation than to find a solution...

BTW, I never said anything about locations being "equal playing fields". I guess we don't have any more to discuss as you are involved in some other discussion than the one here...

Last edited by JeremyH; 01-04-2013 at 03:40 PM.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:39 PM   #473
Yashua

Yes the goverment has made slaves of many people in the name of fairness, if a person does'nt have the desire for a better life they get what they deserve.

Quote:
CREEPERBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:34 PM   #474

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly4x4 View Post
If the people killed in any one of the incidents were the only people to die in the US this year from a looney with a gun would that then make it better? That seems to be the logic, sacrific a few defenseless people to the loonies so that others may live and call that better.

I would rather take my chances in a society that allows me to have a gun, than one that requires me to be a defenseless sheep waiting to be slaughtered. Because the loonies and bad guys will still have guns after the law abiding citizens are disarmed.
totally agree.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." - b franklin
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:54 PM   #475
PapaGriz Yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhoopty View Post
totally agree.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." - b franklin
This from a guy who lives in a state with tough gun laws and high gun violence. I tip my hat to you my friend.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:01 PM   #476
Rock Crawler

no point in posting feel good gun stories as there are just as many bad stories, im not digging for more examples as the point is made..just sayin
10-year-old Pennsylvania girl hit by stray bullet dies
no good or right answers to the gun question, i agree with the famouse quote in the above post but i dont think everyone is responsable/respectfull enough to own a gun

Last edited by vonclod; 01-04-2013 at 07:06 PM.
vonclod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:12 PM   #477
Old guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonclod View Post
no point in posting feel good gun stories as there are just as many bad stories, im not digging for more examples as the point is made..just sayin
no good or right answers to the gun question, i agree with the famouse quote in the above post but i dont think everyone is responsable/respectfull enough to own a gun
Did you ever notice most the gun crimes are done by crooks , maybe we should do something about those crooks that use a gun and not the gun or the responable people that have them.
ROCKEDUP RICKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:32 PM   #478
Rock Stacker

Henderson teen tells 911 dispatcher: 'I just shot the man' :: WRAL.com

snopes.com: Home Invasion Thwarted by 11-Year-Old Girl

14 Year-Old Arizona Boy Babysitter Shoots Armed Home Intruder - Riehl World News

Heres a few more some a little older. Remember gun crimes are all commited by BAD people we are law abiding citzens not crazies. Also criminals want the government to ban guns because they will still have them and it will be easier for them to do what they want to you rob you, rape you and still they can kill you. Drugs illeagle but they are still there.
Cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:22 PM   #479
Pebble Pounder

Woman hiding with kids shoots intruder

if she didnt have the pistol would have been a much different story. Although he may have left if she just asked nicely.
BUBBA069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:53 PM   #480
dkf
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonclod View Post
A ban on new years is in order.

Celebratory gunfire is illegal pretty much everywhere. Maryland has fairly strict gun laws compared to many states and does not like to issue CC permits. Depsite that you are better off walking through downtown Baghdad at night than downtown Baltimore at night. Same with Washington DC, which has even more strict gun laws and bans.
dkf is offline   Reply With Quote

Fwck gun control - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
if you support gun control legislation, consider this ohh EPiC FAiL Chit Chat 0 04-09-2012 02:40 AM
The Nuge on gun control. jason Chit Chat 29 03-09-2010 12:28 PM
Gun Control run2jeepn Chit Chat 16 10-16-2008 01:37 AM
Gun Control STEW<CO> Chit Chat 37 08-18-2007 12:03 AM