Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Fwck gun control

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2013, 11:25 AM   #521
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Fwck gun control

Sigh...so many people, my parents included, don't understand the 2 nd Amendment. "Nobody needs an assault weapon" I've heard both my parents say, and just on The (liberal)View, Whoopi said pretty much the exact same thing.
NoobCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2013, 12:16 PM   #522
dkf
Rock Crawler

An "assault weapon" is a term made up by the media and the antis that has no real definition. I could take a soup spoon out of the drawer and shove it up your ass. I assaulted you with a spoon, which is now an "assault weapon".
dkf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:39 PM   #523
I wanna be Dave

Assault Rifle does have a definition though, a gun with a pistol stock that has burst or automatic fire rates. AKA - Class 3 weapons.
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:01 PM   #524
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonclod View Post
jeezuz..you cant have it both ways..youall say we need to focus on mental health not guns..so if adam lanzas doctor made a report about him saying something weird(before the shooting) you would think its a crime that the guns in his house were removed?..i keep hearing we have to go after the criminals when in many of these mass shootings no one was a criminal TILL the shootings..give me some answers that make sense..how youall gonna solve this problem
If someone says something out of anger or frustration that is different then someone that is mentally ill and intends to hurt themselves or someone else. The problem with this law is there is no procedure that I have seen to determine what is actually going on.

So for example if I went to the doctor for the first time and said "damn my life sucks right now. Sometimes I feel like going crazy on some folks". The next day the police could be at my door with a warrant to search and seaze any weapons in the house. So right their they have infringed on my rights as a private citizen and my rights to free speech. There's also no mention of a way to get the weapons returned. So even if you prove the doctor was over reacting and you were just having a bad day your still out those guns and probably will be flagged if you try to buy another gun.

This type of law would also discourage people from seeking help when they need it. Just because you need help doesn't mean your ok with having your home ransacked and looted by police. The guns in the home may not even belong to the person so you would be inclined not to have your dads shotgun that had been handed down from father and son to be confiscated just because you wanted a little help.

If you just had to have this law then the only sensible way to go about it would be to evaluate the person further and determine if they are dangerous or not. There is just to many ways to exploit or misuse this type of law not to mention the persons rights being violated. There needs to be a clear line that doctors can see to be able to report people to the police, a gut feeling isn't enough.

A person isn't a criminal until they break the law and that's how they should be treated. It's a terrible thing when it happens but it's going to happen so there's no need to pass bad laws that aren't going to change anything.
SINister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:04 PM   #525
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SINister View Post
If someone says something out of anger or frustration that is different then someone that is mentally ill and intends to hurt themselves or someone else. The problem with this law is there is no procedure that I have seen to determine what is actually going on.

So for example if I went to the doctor for the first time and said "damn my life sucks right now. Sometimes I feel like going crazy on some folks". The next day the police could be at my door with a warrant to search and seaze any weapons in the house. So right their they have infringed on my rights as a private citizen and my rights to free speech. There's also no mention of a way to get the weapons returned. So even if you prove the doctor was over reacting and you were just having a bad day your still out those guns and probably will be flagged if you try to buy another gun.

This type of law would also discourage people from seeking help when they need it. Just because you need help doesn't mean your ok with having your home ransacked and looted by police. The guns in the home may not even belong to the person so you would be inclined not to have your dads shotgun that had been handed down from father and son to be confiscated just because you wanted a little help.

If you just had to have this law then the only sensible way to go about it would be to evaluate the person further and determine if they are dangerous or not. There is just to many ways to exploit or misuse this type of law not to mention the persons rights being violated. There needs to be a clear line that doctors can see to be able to report people to the police, a gut feeling isn't enough.

A person isn't a criminal until they break the law and that's how they should be treated. It's a terrible thing when it happens but it's going to happen so there's no need to pass bad laws that aren't going to change anything.
Freedom of speech does not allow you to threaten people so they would not have infringed on that one. Sorry. I do understand what your saying though
Kratos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:06 PM   #526
dkf
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryterror View Post
Assault Rifle does have a definition though, a gun with a pistol stock that has burst or automatic fire rates. AKA - Class 3 weapons.
Assault rifle does but it only pertains to certain named select fire firearms. When the media is calling a run of the mill non NFA AR15 an "assault rifle" they are dead wrong.

ATF Online - Firearms - Guides - Identification of Firearms

The "Semi-Automatic Assault Weapon" is a term made famous due in part to Feinswein's shitty ban. Take the semi-automatic part out of it and it is a worthless term.

ATF Online - Firearms - Frequently Asked Questions - Semiautomatic Assault Weapons And Large Capacity Ammunition Feeding Devices (SAWs and LCAFDs)

Last edited by dkf; 01-15-2013 at 01:08 PM.
dkf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:20 PM   #527
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
Freedom of speech does not allow you to threaten people so they would not have infringed on that one. Sorry. I do understand what your saying though
Specific threats are not covered by freedom of speech however what I said was not specific to anyone or any group. Going crazy could mean anything from murder to dancing circles around someone. This is a good example of how blanket laws like this can be misinterpreted, abused or misused by an incompetent doctor.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:02 PM   #528
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Specific threats are not covered by freedom of speech however what I said was not specific to anyone or any group. Going crazy could mean anything from murder to dancing circles around someone. This is a good example of how blanket laws like this can be misinterpreted, abused or misused by an incompetent doctor.
Here's an idea, you have a bad day and easily jump to threats, GOD DAMN right you do not deserve to own guns.

You even broke patient-doctor privacy by a threat to a group or individual and it is within the legal parameters to report this.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:27 PM   #529
RCC Addict

Quote:
Here's an idea, you have a bad day and easily jump to threats, GOD DAMN right you do not deserve to own guns.

You even broke patient-doctor privacy by a threat to a group or individual and it is within the legal parameters to report this.
Thank you for proving my point about how easily it is to abuse this kind of law. I even said before hand that this hypothetical person was only frustrated and angry and you jumped to your own interpretations despite the facts. You competely took what I said out of context and turned it from an expression of frustration to a declaration of intent.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:35 PM   #530
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Thank you for proving my point about how easily it is to abuse this kind of law. I even said before hand that this hypothetical person was only frustrated and angry and you jumped to your own interpretations despite the facts. You competely took what I said out of context and turned it from an expression of frustration to a declaration of intent.
You are out of your mind if you think its OK for anyone who has a bad day then wants to kill people and tells this to a professional. This isn't joking with a friend or co-worker but a professional.

They deserve to be gun-free for life. Proves that person mentally unable to maintain a level head at all times and a possible mental case.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:44 PM   #531
dnf

Quote:
You are out of your mind if you think its OK for anyone who has a bad day then wants to kill people and tells this to a professional. This isn't joking with a friend or co-worker but a professional.

They deserve to be gun-free for life. Proves that person mentally unable to maintain a level head at all times and a possible mental case.
wrong on so many levels....especially the "for life" part.

1st off its a right, that means you dont remove it, not even for crime IMO, especially not when a crime has not been commited.

there is no crime to be pissed at someone.

but even if it was to become the law of the land.....

#1 that will really impove how foorth comming patients are with thier doctors and that will increase the people who need help to actually seek it, you know, with no confidentiality

#2 they should have to "prove" a person is a hazard to themselfs, or those around them in a court of law 1st, evebn if it is deemed the law of the land
you know, cuz we are all inocent until "proven" guilty

#3 its not a crime to be ill, and even if you have your rights removed, you should get them back if you get better....basically, even if you think a person iis mental, and you take thier rights....that doesnt mean your mental for life.

but in the end its wrong, your sayin its ok for some people who are honest to have certain means of preservation that other "people" who are honest cant have, even though they have commited no crime.

goddamn minority report shit right there.....
were takin your rightss away, cuz of what you "might" do

totally wrong...
rock hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:00 PM   #532
I wanna be Dave

The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

The normal capacity 25 round magizines have already been limited to 10 rounds in several states. Now "they" want to limit it to seven.

One entire round more than a the first true 6 shot revolver built nearly 200 years ago in 1814!

So what happenes the next time there is a shooting that "they" can use in their continued assault on our rights?

Will they "allow" us 5 rounds, then 3 rounds, etc...

We consent to be governed, not ruled! :mad:
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:05 PM   #533
Scale Detail Engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezfan View Post
The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

The normal capacity 25 round magizines have already been limited to 10 rounds in several states. Now "they" want to limit it to seven.

One entire round more than a the first true 6 shot revolver built nearly 200 years ago in 1814!

So what happenes the next time there is a shooting that "they" can use in their continued assault on our rights?

Will they "allow" us 5 rounds, then 3 rounds, etc...

We consent to be governed, not ruled! :mad:
when the 2nd amendment was added, they were using musket riffles.
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:15 PM   #534
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyh66 View Post
And when they discussed 1st Amendment rights they were discussing newspapers. Yet it applied to television, radio, Internet, etc...

So what exactly is your point?

If the Founders wanted us to be limited to muskets, they would have purposefully stated such.
Old 01-15-2013, 03:17 PM   #535
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

which were state of the art for their day. They were "Assault Rifles". Therefore, "assault rifles" seem to be covered by 2A.
jetboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:33 PM   #536
dnf

Quote:

they also used cannons, and they was considered arms
actually pistols was often referedf to as a hand cannon.

there was not actually anything a privat ecitizen couldnt own.
the goverment may commission it from you.

hell you could build your own version of "iron sides" if you wanted..
meaning a private person could own thier top of the line "battleship" of the era.

read the militia act of the late 1700's
rock hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:43 PM   #537
I wanna be Dave

Until 1934 you could own what ever you wanted. After that you had to pay the nfa tax and could still own anything.

In 1986 they made it illegal to manufacture Machine guns and TRUE assault rifle for public purchase. You could still posse made prior.

In 2008 Obama made it Illegal to import a tank or build an operational military style tracked vehicle (because we know there have been allot of attacks by private citizens). He also made it very difficult to purchase or build a canon (see above Tank comment). Doesn't this mean he is already violating 2A?
jetboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:27 PM   #538
I wanna be Dave

Hey guys I am moving kinda slow today.
Could someone shed some light on The New York legislation please.
I was reading that it said that any rifle or handgun that accepts a detachable magazine and has one military charistic.
I was reading something else on the So called Assault weapons and one of the charistic was a pistol grip.
So does that mean no further sales of semi auto pistols in New York?Or am I interpreting this wrong?
joesbruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:35 PM   #539
Rock Crawler

ok then..do nothing and let the bodies fall where they may..everyone is ok with the stats..as long as its someone elses friend or family, i would like to hear an opinion from someone/anyone affected by firearms outside of military service..my friend was shot in the face with a 12gauge last year, obviously he didnt survive, thats my experience..do i feel the need to carry a gun..NO, its pretty rare here for that to happen because 99.9% of people arent packing..and i dont blame the gun used..i will say again im not a gun grabber but there should be some check and balance about who owns..some people should clearly be restricted from having a gun, i hear about tackling this from a mental health standpoint..ok so how
vonclod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:38 PM   #540
I wanna be Dave

I pass a back ground check every time I purchase a firearm.

Criminals do not as they are criminals.

Explain to me how limited my rights protects us from the criminals again?

Fwck gun control - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
if you support gun control legislation, consider this ohh EPiC FAiL Chit Chat 0 04-09-2012 02:40 AM
The Nuge on gun control. jason Chit Chat 29 03-09-2010 12:28 PM
Gun Control run2jeepn Chit Chat 16 10-16-2008 01:37 AM
Gun Control STEW<CO> Chit Chat 37 08-18-2007 12:03 AM