Notices

Thread: Fwck gun control

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2013, 04:38 PM   #541
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Fwck gun control

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyh66 View Post
when the 2nd amendment was added, they were using musket riffles.
Remember at that time the musket was a military grade weapon. Why should we now have to have anything inferior?
karlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2013, 04:41 PM   #542
I wanna be Dave

Another little nugget of information for the anti gun crowd.

Since the South V. Maryland case in 1855, the US Supreme Court has consistently ruled that the police have no affirmative duty to protect.

Even when the police have a restraining order on file (Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 2005).

As a practical matter, the police can't protect the citizens they serve 24/7.

Anyone who has been in any kind of firefight or violent situation can attest that these incidents happen and are over usually in a matter of seconds. Even with a response time to a 911 call of two minutes, the whole incident will likely be done and over with by the time the police arrive on scene.

Look at Sandy Hook; the police were on scene in two minutes to find 26 people dead.

The real "first responder" in any situation is YOU. Having a firearm makes all the difference between those who survive, and those who don't.
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:48 PM   #543
dkf
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesbruiser View Post
Hey guys I am moving kinda slow today.
Could someone shed some light on The New York legislation please.
I was reading that it said that any rifle or handgun that accepts a detachable magazine and has one military charistic.
I was reading something else on the So called Assault weapons and one of the charistic was a pistol grip.
So does that mean no further sales of semi auto pistols in New York?Or am I interpreting this wrong?
Here you go. Another knee jerk bill that will fail to protect anyone.

S2230-2013 - NY Senate Open Legislation - Enacts the NY SAFE Act of 2013 - New York State Senate

Last edited by dkf; 01-15-2013 at 04:51 PM.
dkf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:52 PM   #544
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezfan View Post
I pass a back ground check every time I purchase a firearm.

Criminals do not as they are criminals.

Explain to me how limited my rights protects us from the criminals again?
i dont have the answer..doing nothing and carrying on as per usual also isnt the answer
as i have also noted that these mass shooters are often not criminals before they act out in a big way
im not trying to take your guns but it has to be made just slightly harder..we take a 4-8 hour saftey course then no problem with shotguns and rifles..handguns are a different case and really where the gun violence problem lies, here we need a restricted firearm course/licence...same deal maybee 4 hours, and there are no carry permits..just a simple little thing but alas canada is not america and too far down the road to fix now maybee..im just frustrated with all this
vonclod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:57 PM   #545
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryterror View Post
You are out of your mind if you think its OK for anyone who has a bad day then wants to kill people and tells this to a professional.
I never said that.
SINister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:14 PM   #546
I wanna be Dave

One answer is for the government to stop blaming law abiding citizens!

More gun laws do nothing to prevent crime. Look at Chicago.

A vast majority of the gun violence that takes place in our Nation takes place in unban areas that have been under Liberal control for decades. These same people are trying to pass the same restrictive gun laws Nation wide and are either intellectually incapable of admitting those laws are the cause of the problem, or they are intentually trying to destroy the country.

The Constitution isn't broken, the politicians need to stop trying to "fix" it.

Last edited by dezfan; 01-15-2013 at 05:16 PM.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:23 PM   #547
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf View Post
Here you go. Another knee jerk bill that will fail to protect anyone.

S2230-2013 - NY Senate Open Legislation - Enacts the NY SAFE Act of 2013 - New York State Senate
Yeah we are getting rail roaded here While I agree with some of the bill a lot of it is a major PIA...if I understand it correctly I will no longer be able to buy cheap .22 ammo from walmart no more? BS
1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:31 PM   #548
dkf
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadJeepBruiser View Post
Yeah we are getting rail roaded here While I agree with some of the bill a lot of it is a major PIA...if I understand it correctly I will no longer be able to buy cheap .22 ammo from walmart no more? BS
I am sorry that the state you reside in believes you are a criminal and is treating you as such.

If you have anyone outside of NY you can send your "high capacity magazines" to I would do that.(otherwise you are looking at the minimum of a misdemeanor) I will be happy to store them for you.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:35 PM   #549
Pebble Pounder

What sucks is the restraining order add-in. Have some crazy file for the hell of it to screw you over, and loose your guns.

Wonder if one was filed if it could be fought in court?

Hell got a year, move.
BUBBA069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:39 PM   #550
dkf
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUBBA069 View Post
What sucks is the restraining order add-in. Have some crazy file for the hell of it to screw you over, and loose your guns.

Wonder if one was filed if it could be fought in court?

Hell got a year, move.
Or an angry ex-wife, girlfriend and etc. I would imagine you can fight it in court however the retainer of a decent lawyer is not exactly cheap. And the retainer is only the beginning of the fees.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:29 PM   #551
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf View Post
I am sorry that the state you reside in believes you are a criminal and is treating you as such.

If you have anyone outside of NY you can send your "high capacity magazines" to I would do that.(otherwise you are looking at the minimum of a misdemeanor) I will be happy to store them for you.
The magazine ban won't apply to my because of my NYS Peace Officer status...So the general public rules do not apply to me...for example, my glock has 15 round magazines in it.

However, issues like not being able to buy cheap bs ammo for range recreational use will be a major PIA now... I won't be able to just walk into Walmart and buy cheap 9mm ball round or .22 for my gsg. Now it's looking like ill have to go to a gun shop and go through the process like every other tom dick and Harry
Old 01-15-2013, 06:42 PM   #552
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
The magazine ban won't apply to my because of my NYS Peace Officer status...So the general public rules do not apply to me...for example, my glock has 15 round magazines in it.

However, issues like not being able to buy cheap bs ammo for range recreational use will be a major PIA now... I won't be able to just walk into Walmart and buy cheap 9mm ball round or .22 for my gsg. Now it's looking like ill have to go to a gun shop and go through the process like every other tom dick and Harry
With all due respect Mike, but you are every Tom, Dick and Harry.

I too think this is BS and illeagle, but if they are going to impose this BS, it needs to be applied equally to all.

LEO, politicians, etc... As public servants, they should be held to the same standards as those they work for.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:08 PM   #553
Suck it up!

Quote:
As public servants, they should be held to the same standards as those they work for.

Yer funny.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:13 PM   #554
Quarry Creeper

Jan 16, 2013 will end all of us being "Citizens" and the beginning of us all being turned into "Peasants"
Welcome to the "Obomanation"
Your vote has consequences !
How's all that "Hope & Change" going for you?

Semper Fi
Keep your powder dry
XtrmTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:17 PM   #555
dkf
Rock Crawler

It sounds like the NY Senate and Cuomo may have ignored the manditory 3 day commentary period. Hopefully the legislation Cuomo signed into law is overturned in the NY supreme court or the SCOTUS.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:26 PM   #556
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
With all due respect Mike, but you are every Tom, Dick and Harry.

I too think this is BS and illeagle, but if they are going to impose this BS, it needs to be applied equally to all.

LEO, politicians, etc... As public servants, they should be held to the same standards as those they work for.
I respectfully disagree, I went through a rigorous back ground investigation to be hired for my job that took roughly 6 months. The process also included a medical screening with drug testing, physical fitness examination, and a psychological examination both written and oral. I then I had to attend a NYS academy program in which I had to pass with a 100% a deadly physical force test. I was then sent to a range where I was instructed/trained on the use, handling, etc of the glock 19 and Remington shotgun that my facility uses in the yard tower. I also have to be re certified every year on both my on duty carry weapon (glock 19) and whatever off duty weapon I am carrying (kahr p9) and pass the deadly physical force exam with a 100 again. So I do not feel I am every Tom dick and Harry...no one else has to go through this strenuous of a process to possess a pistol permit and buying a rifle or a shot gun requires even less to obtain.

Just my opinion... I don't feel I should have to have a back ground check called in every time I want to purchase ammo. If I get arrested or something a long those lines I am FIRED from job...ZERO tolerance, random drug testing, and at anytime can be forced to repeat a psychological exam. Plus yearly recerts...

Last edited by 1BadJeepBruiser; 01-15-2013 at 07:29 PM. Reason: ****ing iPad
Old 01-15-2013, 08:00 PM   #557
Quarry Creeper

I am sure the gov will sleep good tonight after the f**king he gave us!
romperstomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:06 PM   #558
dnf

Quote:
I respectfully disagree, I went through a rigorous back ground investigation to be hired for my job that took roughly 6 months. The process also included a medical screening with drug testing, physical fitness examination, and a psychological examination both written and oral. I then I had to attend a NYS academy program in which I had to pass with a 100% a deadly physical force test. I was then sent to a range where I was instructed/trained on the use, handling, etc of the glock 19 and Remington shotgun that my facility uses in the yard tower. I also have to be re certified every year on both my on duty carry weapon (glock 19) and whatever off duty weapon I am carrying (kahr p9) and pass the deadly physical force exam with a 100 again. So I do not feel I am every Tom dick and Harry...no one else has to go through this strenuous of a process to possess a pistol permit and buying a rifle or a shot gun requires even less to obtain.

Just my opinion... I don't feel I should have to have a back ground check called in every time I want to purchase ammo. If I get arrested or something a long those lines I am FIRED from job...ZERO tolerance, random drug testing, and at anytime can be forced to repeat a psychological exam. Plus yearly recerts...
evryone should be treated the same according to the constitution, no matter anyones opinion..

just cuz your a cop, it doesnt matter ( though I dont think a background check for ammo doesn anything ) except raise costs for all.

and you may not know it, but when a cop feels he or she "shouldnt" be treasted equal to those whome they serve...that can be percieves as aragance at times, maybe like the officer feels they are better, or deserve to be treated
better....that the rest. and that creates animosity..

a cop is not supperiour to thise they serve...ever

I wonder how many cops have in the past seeked some type of help for mental health help for post tramitic strees maybe after a horrific event.
would they loose thier right to carry, being that they have a mental health issue....and there is evidence that some prople with pts hurt others.
rock hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:13 PM   #559
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock hard View Post
evryone should be treated the same according to the constitution, no matter anyones opinion..

just cuz your a cop, it doesnt matter ( though I dont think a background check for ammo doesn anything ) except raise costs for all.

and you may not know it, but when a cop feels he or she "shouldnt" be treasted equal to those whome they serve...that can be percieves as aragance at times, maybe like the officer feels they are better, or deserve to be treated
better....that the rest. and that creates animosity..

a cop is not supperiour to thise they serve...ever

I wonder how many cops have in the past seeked some type of help for mental health help for post tramitic strees maybe after a horrific event.
would they loose thier right to carry, being that they have a mental health issue....and there is evidence that some prople with pts hurt others.
Not a cop...but thanks for the opinion and I don't feel superior to anyone but thanks for that tid bit as well. Looks like your one of those "cop haters". I guess since we are on the topic, I am correctional officer...I suppose you are one those people who think I beat people up all day too correct ?

I'm simply stating that the avg NYS resident doesn't have to go through what I have to go through to obtain a pistol permit or any other weapon...this isn't in regards to the constitutions right to bare arms, I'm talking about state law.

Last edited by 1BadJeepBruiser; 01-15-2013 at 08:15 PM.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:35 PM   #560
Rock Crawler

Well New York's leading Assh*le just signed a new law , I now have to register my AR-15 with the local PD and I have to buy new magazines that only hold 7 rounds . No more AR type rifles are to be sold in NY , hand gun owners must renew licenses every 5 years , which is not a big deal .
This will be fought in court but take this as a warning go get your guns now before your state follows this one !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
paleblue46 is offline   Reply With Quote

Fwck gun control - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
if you support gun control legislation, consider this ohh EPiC FAiL Chit Chat 0 04-09-2012 02:40 AM
The Nuge on gun control. jason Chit Chat 29 03-09-2010 12:28 PM
Gun Control run2jeepn Chit Chat 16 10-16-2008 01:37 AM
Gun Control STEW<CO> Chit Chat 37 08-18-2007 12:03 AM