Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Fwck gun control

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2012, 12:33 PM   #41

#1 thing to do is allow parents and teachers to discipline their kids. the comment about japans gun violence, i dunno but are they as ass backwards as we are with not allowing a parent to punish their kids? all the japanese and asian guys ive ever known grew up in VERY strict housholds. i grew up with great respect to others, and i can say 100% its because if i showed disrespect i got spanked or otherwise punished for it. i didnt get beat with a extension cord or locked in a closet overnight... just a couple sharp smacks by a hand, or belt if i really stepped out of line. and that shit worked.

and i hate people saying you dont need a semi auto assault rifle to hunt deer... that is not at all what the 2nd amendment is about. you need a semi auto assault rifle to protect yourself and overthrow a tyrannical government who will most assuredly have you outgunned and outnumbered. makes sense to arm yourself with the same as or close to the same weapons that will used against you if the worst case scenario ever happened.

commenting from my cell so my remarks are a little unfiltered and off the hip, but yeah... bring back the power to the parents and realize the 2nd amendment isnt about shooting animals in the woods.
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-2012, 12:35 PM   #42

btw i dont own a single firearm anymore.
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 12:36 PM   #43
Yashua

Default Re: Fwck gun control

, what Hoopty said . post #41

Last edited by CREEPERBOB; 12-16-2012 at 12:53 PM.
CREEPERBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 12:45 PM   #44
I wanna be Dave

Sigh......(good thread, not doing a "sigh" at current posts).

Controlling guns is a good start.

Controlling the "nut jobs" is better, but a lot harder.

Sorta along the lines of, [cop] "I have a radar gun to catch speeders" but, "I don't have a stupid gun, to catch the mindless peeps", the "unsafe at any speed drivers", the "texting peeps", etc.

I would not want to be a cop, but, I see chances for them to catch those that should be caught.

Same goes for a lot of, "Shooting rampage" peeps. With 20/20 hindsight, they are easy to spot.
But, this is a biggie, how do you draw the line from a "pissed person" vs. "Someone that will kill people"??

This goes back to WWII Germany with kids turning in parents, Communist countries having citizens turning in neighbors. Crap, even think of the McCarthy era in the US with blacklists.

There are VERY THIN LINES in this case.

How would you feel if you said one night at dinner, "I'm so pissed at XXX, I want him dead" only to have a "knock at the door" the next day because you, ""May do something wrong".

Be careful what you wish for.....you may just get it.......

PS, my IE Spellcheck provided a "correct" replacement for the thread title.......
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 12:50 PM   #45
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhoopty View Post
#1 thing to do is allow parents and teachers to discipline their kids. the comment about japans gun violence, i dunno but are they as ass backwards as we are with not allowing a parent to punish their kids? all the Japanese and Asian guys I've ever known grew up in VERY strict households. i grew up with great respect to others, and i can say 100% its because if i showed disrespect i got spanked or otherwise punished for it. i didn't get beat with a extension cord or locked in a closet overnight... just a couple sharp smacks by a hand, or belt if i really stepped out of line. and that shit worked.

and i hate people saying you don't need a semi auto assault rifle to hunt deer... that is not at all what the 2nd amendment is about. you need a semi auto assault rifle to protect yourself and overthrow a tyrannical government who will most assuredly have you outgunned and outnumbered. makes sense to arm yourself with the same as or close to the same weapons that will used against you if the worst case scenario ever happened.

commenting from my cell so my remarks are a little unfiltered and off the hip, but yeah... bring back the power to the parents and realize the 2nd amendment isn't about shooting animals in the woods.
This is part of my discussion with my wife today.

Her question, "Why did the mother need an assault rifle"??
I had no good reason other than, "It's allowed".

On the discussion on the multi-shot handguns, I had a weak argument, but tried to say it was, "OK & allowed".
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 12:57 PM   #46
Quarry Creeper

Laws only affect the law-abiding. If not one more gun, bullet, or clip was sold, the senselessness would not stop.
RiceBurner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 01:16 PM   #47
Rock Stacker

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
redneck crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 01:41 PM   #48
Yashua

I have one other thing to bring up, don't hear it as much but in my little brain seems just as relevent if not more relevant in this gun controversy.
I don't play video games, never have. I have seen and watched many of them played over the years.
From "Pong" (yeah I know) to the newest game today a lot has changed (right alongside TV).
Pac Man, that violent little overeater, everyone seemed to play it. But now, the games that I have had a chance to see, they "ARE" these tragedies that are happening, they are realistic, live, murderous rampages on a video screen right in front of the "shooter", acting it out, over and over and over.
Combine this kind of "addiction" in many cases, with say drugs, alcohol or mental illness and picking up a real gun instead of a joystick does'nt seem like a stretch.
I heard a reporter say that a 8 year old child see's an average of 2.6 murder's a day, on TV.
I'm not saying ban video games any more than guns, I'm just saying, this country has some issues. The "reality" mentality and "15 minutes of fame" attitudes along with lack of accountability is really disturbing.

Just sayin', as contributing factors, what are ya gonna blame,,,,,,,,,,,
Old 12-16-2012, 02:12 PM   #49
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREEPERBOB View Post
I have one other thing to bring up, don't hear it as much but in my little brain seems just as relevent if not more relevant in this gun controversy.
I don't play video games, never have. I have seen and watched many of them played over the years.
From "Pong" (yeah I know) to the newest game today a lot has changed (right alongside TV).
Pac Man, that violent little overeater, everyone seemed to play it. But now, the games that I have had a chance to see, they "ARE" these tragedies that are happening, they are realistic, live, murderous rampages on a video screen right in front of the "shooter", acting it out, over and over and over.
Combine this kind of "addiction" in many cases, with say drugs, alcohol or mental illness and picking up a real gun instead of a joystick does'nt seem like a stretch.
I heard a reporter say that a 8 year old child see's an average of 2.6 murder's a day, on TV.
I'm not saying ban video games any more than guns, I'm just saying, this country has some issues. The "reality" mentality and "15 minutes of fame" attitudes along with lack of accountability is really disturbing.

Just sayin', as contributing factors, what are ya gonna blame,,,,,,,,,,,
This is why parents are supposed to say what the kids can and cant play, they have ratings just like movies. I dont know why people think that if you see it on tv or play it then its a "contributing factor". Ive been playing games since I could damn near hold a controller and ive never been in any kind of bad trouble with guns or anything. Just for the record too, what game did you watch where you go into a school and murder innocent people? There are a few games that you can wander around that i know about that you can murder anyone but they are gta and saints row.
Kratos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:30 PM   #50
Defy Gravity

video games are another thing that always pisses me off when mentioned in context to real world violence.

i'm an avid gamer, i mostly play single player rpg's with a solid story. but on occasion, i'll play online halo with a friend. if anything the games make me less violent in real life. i'm not a particularly social person, in fact most people are just walking bags of idiocy to me. now there are times where i think "hey, that same person has left the door open 5 times, on principle i should go punch them in the back of the head". turns out, i never do. i go home, grind through some story, and go to bed without a single violent thought in my head.

now where does the video game violence come into play here? turns out, smacking an alien with the butt of my video game rifle makes me feel better about idiots. then it just kinda wipes the anger and frustration out. then i'm a polite and courteous person the next day. to me its a coping method with the modern world's populous, being manic-depressive, obsessive compulsive, and a nice dose of anxiety on top of that makes the world a hard place to deal with, and i need that release.
ghtpdm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:45 PM   #51
Yashua

Thats what I was refering to, its not the games, or guns, or drugs or,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,its the way our world is changing into a selfish me me me mentality and when something happens it can't be blamed on something unless its got an agenda attached to it.
Don't try to solve the problem, create chaos out of chaos.its always something not someone.
Old 12-16-2012, 02:50 PM   #52
I wanna be Dave

You never want to let a crisis go to waste- Rahm Emmanual.
microgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:59 PM   #53
Quarry Creeper

Guns are not the issue.

Recently china had a school massacre, of course our great media might have mentioned it and passed on to more important things such as weather, and no guns were present. The weapon was a knife.

Largest school massacre ever was by explosives by rebels in Russia.

Worse in the us was back in the late 20s with fertilizer bombs.

People seem to be the issue. Those that enable, those that don't care, those that cause the issues and terrible things to happen.

As for people going all pro gun or anti gun, I think everyone should take a weapons safety class such as one for conceal carry. There is more then this guy did this and we should have or not have guns.

That said, stricter gun control will, as has been proved by the European gun bans, cause more crime. Criminals in the us take 2-3+ times longer to scout out a victim in the us then in Europe. Why? Because they do not want to be injured.
Deerhurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 03:02 PM   #54
Defy Gravity

the younger crowd around my age at my new job have a pretty shitty outlook on having an awesome job. to them, placing components, washing boards, or inspection is demeaning and barely worth the pay. its frankly sickening to me, i'm not saying its an ultra cooshy job, i work my ass off in whatever task i'm issued that day, and i show up a half hour early to get the lunch time back.

i've done some really crap jobs in my life. worked as a parts inventory person and company secretary in south texas when i was 13, full on combine mechanic at 17, and since the day i was strong enough to work on the farm machinery and semis for my dad, i did it. sitting behind a soldering iron for 9 bucks an hour is a hell of a lot more pleasant than fixing an air leak at -30. i guess i have done enough to appreciate a solid job that doesn't involve permanent joint damage and broken bones being a very real worry every single second.
ghtpdm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 03:06 PM   #55

Everytime something happens involving firearm's the gun control nuts want to blame it on the weapons used. Im an avid gamer, i listen to death metal and ive been hunting since i was 8. i own multiple firearm's and have never shot anyone. blaming video games, movies or music instead of blaming the parents who either didnt discipline and teach there kids well, or get them help in the case of mental illness is almost as stupid as blaming firearms for every death. If there going to start banning more and more firearms the problem will most likely get worse instead of better. What happened was a tragedy but the blame should not be placed on firearms, there pretty useless without a person willing to kill others behind them.
dropstep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 03:07 PM   #56
Pebble Pounder

I'm all for owning guns, but the right for any idiot to go out and buy a full auto assault rifle isn't worth it especially when you consider attacks on schools which seems to be the norm. It won't reduce the number of incidence but it may reduce the number of casualties in a masacre. Sure this leaves the illegal weapons for gangs and such, but how many gangs go after the general public? Full boss has its fun factor but so does something that can shoot a dime group at 200+ yards but only holds 5 rounds. Handguns I don't think are an issue. Getting carried away with gun control isn't going to do you guys any good. Limiting availability of excessively destructive weapons may.

More though, has to do with how we raise our kids; mine by the way, are the same age as the ones killed. I have a youth 22 for them to learn on. I'd rather teach them respect and how to use a real one than have them play with fake ones. Out of curiosity, do most states require some sort of firearm safety course prior to purchasing a weapon? As soon as I was old enough my dad put me through hunter safety, I think so he could put more deer in the freezer.
Coops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 03:30 PM   #57
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
Unfortunately personal responsibility is a long forgotten ideal these days.

And in Japan the crazies use knives, swords etc. Don't blame the tool blame the user. Is my keyboard responsible for my typing errors? No. Not any more than my fork is responsible for me being fat.
just some facts
murder rate in japan including all forms of murder .3 per 100,000
murder rate in u.s. including all forms of murder 4.2 per 100,000, so its not that they just use knives
i think its too late now for gun control..but pretty much proven there are less gun deaths where there is gun control, i enjoy guns..not sure what to think anymore..anyway too late now
vonclod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 03:37 PM   #58
RCC Addict

Gun control is not the answer. Someone mentioned the China school attack the day before Newtown where an idiot slashed 21 kids and 1 adult. There were 9 attacks with knifes, cleavers or hammers in 2010 and 2011. 25 dead and at least 94 injured.

Crazies are going to kill with what they can get wether it be guns, knives, explosives, cars or and thing else if they are so inclined.

We need personal responsibility and discipline.
neillarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 03:43 PM   #59
Quarry Creeper

Think about it
Diesel-tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 04:09 PM   #60
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKEDUP RICKY View Post
Banning guns will only make it where the crooks will have the banned gun.
Yep country's that ban guns have major problems with crime, one reason is if those who choose to do wrong are not worried they could get shot and killed than what's stopping them?
baddman is offline   Reply With Quote

Fwck gun control - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
if you support gun control legislation, consider this ohh EPiC FAiL Chit Chat 0 04-09-2012 02:40 AM
The Nuge on gun control. jason Chit Chat 29 03-09-2010 12:28 PM
Gun Control run2jeepn Chit Chat 16 10-16-2008 01:37 AM
Gun Control STEW<CO> Chit Chat 37 08-18-2007 12:03 AM