Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Fwck gun control

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2013, 03:50 PM   #881
Yashua

Default Re: Fwck gun control

That's not what I've heard, seems as though a few non gang members are getting shot regularly too in the crossfire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyh66 View Post

If you are not in a gang, you don't have much to worry about in Chicago.
CREEPERBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2013, 04:04 PM   #882
Scale Detail Engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREEPERBOB View Post
That's not what I've heard, seems as though a few non gang members are getting shot regularly too in the crossfire.
yeah, I should have said: If you are not in a gang or gang infested location (read South and West side), you don't have much to worry about in Chicago... either way, they say 80% of Chicago homicides are gang related.
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:19 PM   #883
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
no doubt, especially when it's only a small portion of the story that's being picked up.

If you are not in a gang, you don't have much to worry about in Chicago.

Unless you look like someone in a gang, or are on the wrong side of the street, or have your hat on wrong, or your the wrong color in the wrong hood, or your sitting in a house that looks like a gang members, or your in a car that looks like a gang members, or your sitting on your porch and a gang member walks by, or your in a park that gang members frequent and from a distance somehow you look like a gang member, or if a gang member is getting initiated and has to shoot a random person or...

That's just the list of reasons people have been shot this year that weren't gang members. With well over 500 last year, I'm sure I am missing a few.

Chicago is a real shit hole and until the leadership of the city admits that and treats it as such, nothing will change.
jetboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:59 PM   #884
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
yeah, I should have said: If you are not in a gang or gang infested location (read South and West side), you don't have much to worry about in Chicago... either way, they say 80% of Chicago homicides are gang related.

So I guess that little girl that recently attended Obama's inauguration and was then shot and killed in Chicago was a gang banger?

Where all of the innocent children killed in gun free Chicago over the last several years gang bangers too?

You're living in denial!

I keep hamming Chicago to prove a point. Guns are already against the law there, yet it leads the Nation in gun violence and murder.

With all of the "gun control" talk I continue to hear from the political talking heads and their lemmings, I haven't heard a single one say how they plan to take the guns away from criminals, just law abiding citizens!

Other large metropolitain cities have simlar populations, gang problems, large minority populations, economic issues, etc... yet they dont have the massive gun violence.

If the corrupt Chicago political machine can't even prevent gun violence in Chicago, what makes you think they can prevent it elsewhere?

The KC metro area has 2.1 million people, it has gangs, large minority populations, economics issues, etc... Why doesn't it have the same issue as Chicago?

What do you think is the cause?

Gun control isn't about guns.
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:10 PM   #885
Scale Detail Engineering

as I said, gang infested area.

In 2011 Chicago gangs had a major fracture and the smaller, less organized gangs are currently battling it out for supremacy.

Chicago is like 2 cities. They say it's the most segregated city in the nation.
I like guns because I like mechanical objects but I do not feel the need to cary one for safety.
If I lived on the South or West side, you bet your ass I'd want to carry.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:15 PM   #886
Yashua

Gun control
Attached Images

CREEPERBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:22 PM   #887
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
as I said, gang infested area.

In 2011 Chicago gangs had a major fracture and the smaller, less organized gangs are currently battling it out for supremacy.

Chicago is like 2 cities. They say it's the most segregated city in the nation.
I like guns because I like mechanical objects but I do not feel the need to cary one for safety.
If I lived on the South or West side, you bet your ass I'd want to carry.
So in the gang infested areas, guns are legal?
Old 02-25-2013, 07:20 PM   #888
Scale Detail Engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezfan View Post
So in the gang infested areas, guns are legal?
Quote:
Just saying...
Attached Images

Old 02-25-2013, 07:47 PM   #889
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Other large metropolitain cities have simlar populations, gang problems, large minority populations, economic issues, etc... yet they dont have the massive gun violence.
I read a news article a while back that said Houston recently (in 2011) broke a homicide low that was set back in 1966.

Guns are legal here.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:54 PM   #890
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
I read a news article a while back that said Houston recently (in 2011) broke a homicide low that was set back in 1966.

Guns are legal here.
That can't be right, everyone knows its the guns that are the problem.

Are you starting to understand Johnny, or do I have to connect the dots, draw you a picture, hold your hand, and walk you down the path to the truth.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:57 PM   #891
Rock Stacker

Quote:
With all of the "gun control" talk I continue to hear from the political talking heads and their lemmings, I haven't heard a single one say how they plan to take the guns away from criminals, just law abiding citizens!
Liked.
NoobCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:03 PM   #892
Scale Detail Engineering

Quote:

Are you starting to understand Johnny, or do I have to connect the dots, draw you a picture, hold your hand, and walk you down the path to the truth.
What point are you trying to make to me?
Old 02-25-2013, 09:27 PM   #893
I wanna be Dave

There are more firearms available today than ever before in our history. That said, the violent crime in this Country is 50% lower today than it was 20 years ago.

50%! Why are you not hearing this every day from the media and the Government? You would think that politicians would be screaming it at the top of their lungs trying to take credit for this fact.

Firearms are banned in Chicago and yet it leads the Nation is gun violence and murder.

The message the Left continues to push just doesn't stand up to the facts. The numbers just don't add up

The point I'm trying to get you to acknowledge is that more guns is not the issue and more gun laws are not going to do anything to prevent these tragedies from occurring.

Chicago is the poster child for this fact.

The FBI stated that the first ASB did nothing to prevent these tragic shooting.

So why does the Left continuously pursue this agenda?

If more guns are bad, why the massive reduction in crime when guns are more abundant now than ever?

If gun bans are the answer, why do all mass shooting take place in gun free zones and why does Chicago lead the Nation is gun violence and murders?
Old 02-26-2013, 07:03 AM   #894

We have Major gun control in Australia, to have a gun licence you need a very good reason, eg: Farmers, to control foxes and so on or major security or police, you also need a very clean record. But they can't get automatic guns are 50cal guns like you guys can, they have to be locked in a safe and other strict rules. The government had a gun buy back in the late 90's after a mass shooting.. Yet on the News a few days ago they said there are more illegal guns on our streets now than when it was legal, when it was easy to get a licence and have automatic guns.... Going buy this, Gun control hasn't worked over here.

Hope this is on Topic.... Please don't shoot me down!!!
Swamp Dowg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:18 AM   #895
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamp Dowg View Post
Yet on the News a few days ago they said there are more illegal guns on our streets now than when it was legal, when it was easy to get a licence and have automatic guns....
While I agree with your thoughts, I see the flaw in the above statement. Of course there will be more illegal guns, because they are now almost ALL illegal as mandated by the government. That statement is not comparing apples to apples.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:29 AM   #896
Scale Detail Engineering

Quote:

The point I'm trying to get you to acknowledge is that more guns is not the issue
I not only acknowledge but agree with you.

Quote:
and more gun laws are not going to do anything to prevent these tragedies from occurring.
This I don't agree with.
I'm not saying I have the answer but doing nothing will change nothing.

I agree that there are parts of Chicago that resemble a war zone and I feel really bad for those kids. They don't have much hope of getting out.

We really have more a gang problem than gun problem.

and for the record, Chicago is a beautiful city full of amazing art, food, festivals, a diverse culture, sports and is very safe for the average citizen.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:51 AM   #897

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
While I agree with your thoughts, I see the flaw in the above statement. Of course there will be more illegal guns, because they are now almost ALL illegal as mandated by the government. That statement is not comparing apples to apples.
Yeah sorry man, worded that wrong, I'm not that inelegant.
In other words there's more guns on the street than ever before.
Swamp Dowg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:01 AM   #898
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamp Dowg View Post
Yeah sorry man, worded that wrong, I'm not that inelegant.
In other words there's more guns on the street than ever before.
Ahh...gotcha.

Yeah, that would indicate that the policies are not working....
Old 02-26-2013, 11:32 AM   #899
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
This I don't agree with.

I'm not saying I have the answer but doing nothing will change nothing.

I agree that there are parts of Chicago that resemble a war zone and I feel really bad for those kids. They don't have much hope of getting out.

We really have more a gang problem than gun problem.

and for the record, Chicago is a beautiful city full of amazing art, food, festivals, a diverse culture, sports and is very safe for the average citizen.
Im sure as cities go, Chicago has some possitive attributes. I have lived in or on the periphery of a few of them. Not a fan.

There are numorouse gun laws on the books that the government already acknowledges they can't enforce. How are even more laws going to fix the problem?

Adding more laws that only impact law abiding citizens does nothing to address the problem. It gives politicians an opprtunity to get their picture on TV and to use for propaganda come reelection time.

Be beat a dead horse, I give you Chicago.

Guns are already against the law. It's against the law to kill people, It's against the law to transport loaded weapons. It's agains the law to rob banks, it's agains the law to committ armed robbery. It's agains the law to car jack. Etc... All of these laws have done nothing to prevent the slaughter of 1000s innocent people.

The proplem is not the guns.

The focus needs not to be on more restrictive, yet ineffective gun laws.

So again I ask, if they have proven to be ineffective, why does the Left continue to push the same "answers" to these issues time and time again?

You have to ask yourself, what is their real reason to continually to push for the gun bans?

That is the real question.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:59 PM   #900
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

So again I ask, if they have proven to be ineffective, why does the Left continue to push the same "answers" to these issues time and time again?

You have to ask yourself, what is their real reason to continually to push for the gun bans?

That is the real question.
Distraction... watch this hand and forget about what this hand is doing. While they have everyone up in arms about gun control, they get a pass on the economy and the budget. Blame guns and you don't have to do anything about the real problems.
jetboat is offline   Reply With Quote

Fwck gun control - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
if you support gun control legislation, consider this ohh EPiC FAiL Chit Chat 0 04-09-2012 02:40 AM
The Nuge on gun control. jason Chit Chat 29 03-09-2010 12:28 PM
Gun Control run2jeepn Chit Chat 16 10-16-2008 01:37 AM
Gun Control STEW<CO> Chit Chat 37 08-18-2007 12:03 AM