Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: NRA reccomends armed officers in all schools

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2012, 01:58 PM   #61
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: NRA reccomends armed officers in all schools

Scratch a 'Liberal,' Find a Fascist: The*Case of Barbara*Boxer by William Norman Grigg
spankbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-2012, 02:07 PM   #62
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Pig View Post
Wow, knowing that there are many people like cbr6fs around really scares me. What a twisted sense of reality.....
You have no need to be frightened of me

It's so sad how many folks put their wants over the betterment of their society.
I can understand it, what with the NRA contributing millions to politicians campaigns, twisting the arm of media and effectively brainwashing their members, it's hardly surprising they gulp all this nonsense down and believe it as the truth.

Personally i take anything that any organisation of person says as with a pinch of salt if they're profiting directly from it.

If your sitting in a comfortable job earning just under a million $ a year it's hardly surprising that you'll put your own interests before society.

Gun control works.

Gun control is NOT much of an inconvenience if your an enthusiastic shooter, it enables us to enjoy our hobby responsibly and NOT at the expense of innocent kids lives.
cbr6fs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 02:07 PM   #63
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr6fs View Post

Not a valid point for the simple fact that there wasn't and we have absolutely no idea if it would have made a difference or not.
It's called a hypothetical. You like percentages so much, tell us how you think the percentages WOULD have changed with an armed guard/officer on scene as it happened.

If you say the percentage of the chance that less lives would have been lost would not be greater, please explain why you feel that way.

FACT is there was nobody there that could have stopped a man with a gun.
Rockpiledriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 02:11 PM   #64
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

A armed guard is not a prevention it can only be used AFTER someone has been shot.
Wrong! The guard see guy walking toward the school gun in hand, draws and drops him BEFORE he gets a shot off.

You're an idiot.
Rockpiledriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 02:18 PM   #65
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I wish more than anything i'm wrong, but i will guarantee that if armed guards are put into all US schools there will be a accidental fatality within 24 months.

From what i can tell the schools that already have armed resource officers do not have the issues of crazy people walking in to kill people to start with.
So I would say that the risk of someone being shot accidentally would be low and way lower than the chance of some idiot walking into somewhere that is a complete gun free zone and killing people be it with a gun,knife,stick or what ever he chooses as his weapon.

It sounds to me like you want to live in a fantasy world where everyone loves one another and no guns would help your fantasy come true.If its not guns it will be something else.The country needs to grow a pair realize guns are not the problem but sure as hell can help it and move on.
My position will never change on training and arming people to staff schools and I am glad our school system here local already has.
joesbruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 02:26 PM   #66
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Gun control is NOT much of an inconvenience if your an enthusiastic shooter, it enables us to enjoy our hobby responsibly and NOT at the expense of innocent kids lives.
How in the hell did you come up with that.
gun control will allow enthusiastic shooters to enjoy there hobby responsibly. All I see it doing is make it damn expensive to enjoy the hobby and stop lots of people from getting to be involved in the shooting sports.
joesbruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 02:53 PM   #67
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesbruiser View Post
How in the hell did you come up with that.
gun control will allow enthusiastic shooters to enjoy there hobby responsibly. All I see it doing is make it damn expensive to enjoy the hobby and stop lots of people from getting to be involved in the shooting sports.
Ah because he is a total idiot and has yet to have a true rebuttal to anything that has been posted towards him. Keeps talking in circles about the same jive insuring it all is such a small "inconvenience". In reality it is much different as he states. And he shouldnt be saying "OUR" hobby when its ours not his. He is obviously not a gun owner..... nor collector.... no really understands or has heard any of the proposed ideas of the "weapons bans". Nor can he actually tell me there is a difference to what an actual assault weapon is and what these banning weapons extremists idea of an assault weapon. its very different. But hell hes on top of the world over there in his head.
JokersWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:03 PM   #68
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
You have no need to be frightened of me Not scared of you, just people that think like you.

It's so sad how many folks put their wants over the betterment of their society.
I can understand it, what with the NRA contributing millions to politicians campaigns, twisting the arm of media and effectively brainwashing their members, it's hardly surprising they gulp all this nonsense down and believe it as the truth. The NRA fights for the rights of gun owners, if they end up making money off it then so be it. I don't mind giving an organization money that is fighting for something like my 2nd amendment rights.

Personally i take anything that any organisation of person says as with a pinch of salt if they're profiting directly from it.

If your sitting in a comfortable job earning just under a million $ a year it's hardly surprising that you'll put your own interests before society.

Gun control works.

Gun control is just that, one more thing that the "government" thinks it needs to control. The government needs less control and needs to concentrate on more important things. Anyone that wants to do bad things can get ahold of a weapon, even with gun control laws. I agree with whoever above said you were an idiot.
War Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:14 PM   #69
I wanna be Dave

1- I thought cbr6fs was leaving these discussion sicne we were all "hopless and would not be swayed"??!!

2- Stolen from another thread.....nice numbers....
Quote:
Originally Posted by superduty03 View Post
Got this in an email and thought it was pretty cool... No wonder the UN wants us disarmed... Read and post thoughts

Interesting slant on things
AMERICA'S HUNTERS ---
Pretty Amazing!

The world's largest army... America 's hunters!
I had never thought about this...

A blogger added up the deer license sales in just a
handful of states and arrived at a striking conclusion:

There were over 600,000 hunters
this season in the state of Wisconsin ..
Allow me to restate that number:

Over the last several months,
Wisconsin's hunters became the eighth largest army in
the world.

More men under arms than in Iran.

More than France and Germany combined.

These men deployed to
the woods of a single American state, Wisconsin, to hunt with
firearms, and no one was killed.

That number pales in comparison to the 750,000 who hunted the woods of Pennsylvania and
Michigan's 700,000 hunters,
all of whom have now returned home safely.
Toss in a quarter million hunters
in West Virginia and it literally establishes the fact that the
hunters of those four states alone
would comprise the largest army in the world.
And then add in the total number of hunters in the other 46 states.
It's millions more.

The point?

America will forever be safe
from foreign invasion with that
kind of home-grown firepower.

Hunting...
it's not just a way to fill the freezer. It's a matter of national
security.

That's why all enemies,
foreign and domestic,
want to see us
disarmed.

Food for thought,
when next we consider gun control.

Overall it's true,
so if we disregard some assumptions that hunters
don't possess the same skills as soldiers, the question
would still remain...
What army of 2 million would want to face 30, 40, 50 million armed citizens???

(IF YOU AGREE, AS I DO, PASS IT ON, I FEEL GOOD THAT I HAVE AN ARMY OF MILLIONS WHO WOULD PROTECT OUR LAND AND I SURE DON'T WANT THE GOVERNMENT TAKING CONTROL OF THE POSSESSION OF FIREARMS)

For the sake of our freedom,
don't ever allow gun control
or confiscation of guns.

"For those of us that have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never taste"
Granted, the animals were NOT armed & shooting back.....LOL.....
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:19 PM   #70
RCC Addict

im just going to throw this out there....

the constitution was not signed without a fight..... nor was the declaration of independence declared without a fight. People like yourself do believe that there was some big civil sit down and all agreed all "willy nilly" on said subjects.... but they didnt. At the top of the constitution says it the best "WE THE PEOPLE" not we the un majority extremists who react inappropriately to every action and allow and glorify the media to exploit said people for their agenda. Thomas Jefferson made it quite clear that not only do these laws and rights need to be changed time to time as we move along in history (but we have not changed thus far so a major change at this point would be devastating in certain regards) but we as a collective group and country will need revolutions to mold the government and rights of the people, by the people and for the people over time. So no one is going to sit down and just go "oh snap..... these extremists are on the right path (since they never are)".

We were founded on a fight..... and fought for what we "as a country" wanted. Some actually didnt want it the way it turned out, but fighting and deaths what got us here to these sets of guidelines. Im sure a smart person like yourself believes with out a doubt that the statue of liberty was excepted by all and means freedom and liberty to all.

Its also people like yourself that think that we needed a war on terrorism..... which is not a place...... or a thing..... or even a person. Its a mindset...... that turned later into the war in Iraq. Then people like yourself when off all half cocked rooting for the homeland security that kicked half our rights in the balls. But hey...... no reason to save people with an actual instrument put in place..... lets just take them all out together cause everything illegal happens because of legal things.

Prohibition really stopped alcohol..... also raising taxes on cigarettes, posting warnings on the side really got people to quit. Also the anti fire starting chemical added in them really stopped house fires.... couldnt blame the person..... had to blame the smokes.

DUI blame the liquor company..... hell blame the state that allows its import..... blame the car company...... blame the state issuing license due to they should have maybe known some how that that person would drive under influence.

People as of your thought should be dragged out back and just beaten. Your lack of knowledge and actual thought into any situation is always hindered by the oh so popular blame game..... always looking for another answer to blame further up the line and look for the "MR.X".

I have to go to store now so ............ BLOW ME UP TOM
Old 12-23-2012, 03:43 PM   #71
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Pig View Post
Gun control is just that, one more thing that the "government" thinks it needs to control. The government needs less control and needs to concentrate on more important things. Anyone that wants to do bad things can get ahold of a weapon, even with gun control laws. I agree with whoever above said you were an idiot.
Just curious, you contacted your Senator and Representative's offices and voiced your opposition to the Patriot Act, TARP, re-issuance of the Patriot Act, expansion of the TSA and when NDAA was originally put up for a vote as well as last week when the due process provisions were stripped out during conference committee?
Old 12-23-2012, 03:44 PM   #72
Rock Stacker

Quote:
If there are less legal guns in circulation then it's harder for criminals to get their hands on them, it's basic percentages again.
No it won't....they're criminals and they will obtain a firearm by any means possible whether it's a "legal" to own or not.

Quote:
......NRA are only interested in selling more gun to make more money, so they're hardly a unbiased organisation are they.
Once again.....someone else that doesn't have a clue about what the NRA does. Here is a little history of the organization that so many love to hate.

A Brief History of NRA

Not a bad organization in my book !!!!
Crimson Rock Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:45 PM   #73
Rock Stacker

cb, why don't you just stop. You're going to get your ass handed to you again. People who want to cause harm will always find a way. Look at inmates, they use everyday items to stab other inmates all the time. Why don't you just stay out of these threads, you're just making yourself look stupid.

I had a hell of a time sleeping last night...I heard my gun making some plans last night while in the lockbox...it kept calling other guns.
NoobCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:46 PM   #74
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankbomb View Post
Just curious, you contacted your Senator and Representative's offices and voiced your opposition to the Patriot Act, TARP, re-issuance of the Patriot Act, expansion of the TSA and when NDAA was originally put up for a vote as well as last week when the due process provisions were stripped out during conference committee?
No, I was recovering from knee surgery.
War Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:47 PM   #75
Rock Stacker

And I know this has been said a million times already, but it's good we don't have a drug problem anymore. Making heroin and cocaine and everything else illegal really helped.
NoobCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:54 PM   #76
Rock Stacker

Quote:
I can understand it, what with the NRA contributing millions to politicians campaigns, twisting the arm of media and effectively brainwashing their members, it's hardly surprising they gulp all this nonsense down and believe it as the truth.
NRA "twisting the arm of the media"???.... The media loathes the NRA so once again you do not have a clue about what you are stating. In case you don't read my other post here is some history about the NRA that you seem to know everything about............

A Brief History of NRA

They do significantly more than just brainwash members like me but I'm sure you won't follow the link to read the truth.........
Crimson Rock Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:29 PM   #77
I wanna be Dave

The Second Amendment has nothing to do with sport shooting or hunting. It's about an armed populace that can fend off the tyranny of an oppressive government!

Any attempt to limit our rights by weak minded individuals who look to the government to provide and protect them like some kind of cattle is sickening!

This right was not "given" to us by the government! It isn't something that is to be bartered! It is the core of who we are as a Nation!

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety!" ~ Benjamin Franklin

OUTLAW GUNS AND ONLY OUTLAWS WILL HAVE THEM!
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:35 PM   #78
Quarry Creeper

For more financial information on the NRA, and especially for those members of the NRA who want to know where their money goes, here's the 2010 990 form:

National Rifle Association 2010 IRS Form 990 : National Rifle Association : Free Download & Streaming : Internet Archive

If you register for free at Guidestar.org, you can download the 990 forms from 2009 and 2008 as well.
Old 12-23-2012, 04:50 PM   #79
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockpiledriver View Post
Wrong! The guard see guy walking toward the school gun in hand, draws and drops him BEFORE he gets a shot off.

You're an idiot.
First off, I am not here to defend cbr6fs and I am NOT anti gun. I have owned up to 13 "evil" guns, and have been shooting longer than most here I can bet.

I was watching CNN and they where showing schools which have an armed guard. The one guard they showed was carrying a revolver. Six rounds to get the job done.

So, lets say a crazy kid killer goes into a school, has a bullet proof vest on, and is carrying a AR 15 pistol under his coat. Lets add the perp has been seen before, like Adam Lanza, and nothing is thought about it for a few moments. Do you think there just might be the possibility the perp will off the guard and carry out his mission?

Lets say he does, then what?

Armed guards in schools, AWB bans, and what ever else they can come up with. ALL are just going to be feel good measures. America has been getting more violent with every new generation. The question is, what can we do about that?
DUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 05:11 PM   #80
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUDE View Post
America has been getting more violent with every new generation. The question is, what can we do about that?
Well like I stated to cbr whatever. If you are going to post up information or a "statistic" sounding statement at least give me some data.

Actually issues have been in a decline. I had all the official stats straight from FBI web page but lost the link to that. But this article will do you just fine. Instead of just numbers he draws it out to a colorful set of graphs for ya to look at and understand. Gun crime has actually been on the decline....

Gun crime statistics by US state: download the data. Visualised | World news | guardian.co.uk

NRA reccomends armed officers in all schools - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SCHOOLS OUT!!!! Phantez Chit Chat 39 07-01-2014 08:23 PM
NRA speaks out CREEPERBOB Chit Chat 44 12-22-2012 12:23 PM
Yakima WA schools get it right Dragon51 Chit Chat 14 03-20-2012 06:58 PM
Georgia schools work the system JasonInAugusta Chit Chat 7 05-22-2008 10:33 AM
Voc. schools '83 chevy Chit Chat 16 04-27-2006 09:16 PM