Thread: 3 yr old killed playing with pink gun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2013, 09:54 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default 3 yr old killed playing with pink gun

here is a real nice story wake the **** up people
3-year-old S.C. boy killed after mistaking pink handgun for toy | SHTF Survival
some people have business owning a fawking gun ..idiots
and PINK?? wtf its not a purse or a motherfawkin shoe..its not a fashion statement..it doesnt seem like many have proper respect..again i say some people are too stupid to own one..how y'all gonna weed out those stupid people that dont have a criminal record??
sick
vonclod is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2013, 10:17 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: 3 yr old killed playing with pink gun

who cares what color the gun was. the parents obviously didn't teach them anything about gun safety. not saying they are at fault, but the parents aren't completely blameless and now they'll have to live with knowing what happened. it's a really sad story.
ohh EPiC FAiL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:19 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

I do not think the color has anything to do with the problem. WTF was a loaded gun doing not locked up away from that child.
RPP Hobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:27 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohh EPiC FAiL View Post
who cares what color the gun was. the parents obviously didn't teach them anything about gun safety. not saying they are at fault, but the parents aren't completely blameless and now they'll have to live with knowing what happened. it's a really sad story.
the parents are 100% to blame

the colour thing..i just dont get it..makes it look like a toy not the serious thing it is..jmo

Last edited by vonclod; 02-05-2013 at 10:30 PM.
vonclod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:40 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I will go so far as to say that in this case the stupid people were weeding themselves out by way of natural selection.

It wouldve been more of an issue to me if the kid had shot someone other than immediate family.

As for the "hello kitty gun", thats a little over the top. Many women are into guns and Im sure not all like the blacked out or camo theme. However the marketing here is a bit ridiculous. That being said, a pinto can kill just like a vette can. Its a responsibility problem. All that needs to be said is, 3yo and a gun lying out.
RANOVRU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:00 AM   #6
Suck it up!

Quote:
The kid was three. WTF are you going to teach a three year old about gun safety? It is absolutely the parents fault.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:16 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

So should all guns be black or silver?

Gun color has no bearing on the parents responsibility to take care of a gun.
crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:18 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
The kid was three. WTF are you going to teach a three year old about gun safety? It is absolutely the parents fault.
i misread and thought it said a 6 year old my bad. but i'd still say the parents aren't fully to blame, they weren't there and most likely the grandparents knew about them having guns in the house.
ohh EPiC FAiL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:29 AM   #9
Gold Star Baby!

The most important thing about this story is simple. KEEP ALL FIREARMS IN A SAFE PLACE. Now for the people blaming the parents..... its absolutely 100% without a doubt, their fault. But to bash them and ridicule them.... that isn't necessary. They have life time of guilt just living with the fact that their mistake cost them a child. That will never go away or get over. Just a sad reminder that all guns need to be kept save. Away from kids..... if not a safe then a 3$ barrel lock would do wonders. I feel for the parents. I couldn't live with myself after something like that. But my kids know gun safety and they know what.they can do. Drill it into them.... just a shame other parents don't do the same

R.I.P little guy.
redrokin00XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:52 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
the parents obviously didn't teach them anything about gun safety.
You must not have kids.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:58 AM   #11
Rock Crawler

I wonder if the place that sold them the gun explained to them about pistol lock boxes and/or trigger locks though. Not taking away from it being the parents fault too, but education also goes along way. If they are new to firearms, they might not have known about those kinds of things.
rm25x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:20 AM   #12
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm25x View Post
... If they are new to firearms, they might not have known about those kinds of things.

That's true, but no "adult" has any misconceptions about what guns do to people. Safety options may not have been offered at the point of sale, but back to the responsibility issue, it's the purchaser's responsibility to take 5 seconds to think to him/herself... "you know, these things kill people and I have small children... is there something I can do/buy to keep them from potentially hurting themselves?"

Sad story, but highlights the ever present harshness of reality that if mishandled, bad things happen. Same for cars, alcohol, hell even bacon! Be aware of what risks your taking and be RESPONSIBLE in light of those risks.

Just my 2 cents, not bashing your response.
Full_Throttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:21 AM   #13
Quarry Creeper

How can being new gun owners exempt them from this. Stupidity isn't a defense. Its an excuse. To many people use it. " I didn't know". " I didn't know". What did you thinkcame out of a gun when fired? You shouldn't have kids, let alone guns. You can flame me all you want, but when you have taken care of other peoples kids, cause they were losers ( I was a foster parent before adopting my kids out of fostercare), then you will understand my position.
BLOODBANE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:43 AM   #14
No idea what I'm doing

I remember a time before toy guns were required to have the red tip on the end of the barrel. I remember the stories of kids being shot by cops since the cops thought the guns were real.

I wonder how good of an idea a pink weapon really is. Granted a criminal can easily paint his gun pink to make authorities think it's a toy or even put a red tip on the end of the barrel, but to purposely market real guns that look like toys seems like a bad idea. I guess this sad story is proof of that.
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:55 AM   #15
I wanna be Dave

It was defiantly careless gun ownership. That being said, where do people learn proper gun ownership? For me it was my parents and the military but, allot of people buying now dont have the same up bringing. It used to be that it was taught in scouts and even thru programs thru schools but, that became non pc.

Im a proud nra member and I have to say, if the nra wants to do something to help their image, start sponsoring classes. They dont need to be required to attend but, recommended. Every shop should be required to at min provide literature to new gun owners. It should include does and don'ts, proper storage etc. It would also include info on how to sign up/attend gun ownership classes. In the end its still up to the buyer but, a little knowledge goes a long way

As I keep saying, gun owners need to educate the public. Rather it be debunking myths or educating new owners.

straight from my mind to tapatalk
jetboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:52 AM   #16
I wanna be Dave

I am still a HUGE fan of basic gun safety in schools. I think MANY MANY lives can be saved by this....
Old 02-06-2013, 09:04 AM   #17
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash View Post
I am still a HUGE fan of basic gun safety in schools. I think MANY MANY lives can be saved by this....
While growing up, all the boys took firearm safety in Grade 8 health while the girls learned about girl things in a different room I still remember a lot of that course too, even though I haven't owned or handled a gun in about 20+ years.

As for the pink guns, hell, they're even here in Canada. I was in the gun and tackle shop the other day and they had a pink camo 9mm in the display case. To be fair though, as any parent will tell you, a toddler would potentially play with any gun, regardless of the colour. It was the parents responsibility to keep that gun away from their child, just like it's a parents responsibility to keep their kids away from knives, from sticking forks into outlets or other hazardous activities until they're old enough to be taught proper respect. The parents failed in this case, and with deadly consequences. Sad.
ecoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:06 AM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecoli View Post
While growing up, all the boys took firearm safety in Grade 8 health while the girls learned about girl things in a different room I still remember a lot of that course too, even though I haven't owned or handled a gun in about 20+ years.
Do they still teach it?
Old 02-06-2013, 09:07 AM   #19
RCC Addict

Quote:
So should all guns be black or silver?
Isn't this why toy guns are any color but black or silver? Just a question- What if the police saw someone in public with a pink gun? Is it a toy or is it a real gun?

Quote:
Gun color has no bearing on the parents responsibility to take care of a gun.
I agree. Parents responsibility.
gregrocks90046 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:09 AM   #20

Who cares about the fawkin color....

You mean to say if my .45 is dipped in a complete camouflage skin then I can expect G.I. Joe or Rambo to not be at fault if they grab it and misuse it?

I do agree with "Gun Control"

Not by the president, not by congress not by anyone except the owner of the firearm.

Gun control does NOT mean some pencil pushing baby boomer desk jockey goody two-shoes dweeb can tell me what I can or can not have or how many.....

Gun Control = having your gun under your control!!!!!!
period

If you do not know how to safely keep your firearms away from children, thieves and drooling idiots, then you shouldn't own a weapon.

THAT is the ONLY gun control we need.

THX_138 is offline   Reply With Quote

3 yr old killed playing with pink gun - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hard gun case or gun bag? PEDEcrawlerguy Chit Chat 18 06-20-2012 10:44 AM
Gun/ pro-gun convert RCCalifornia Chit Chat 73 03-27-2009 05:31 PM
I think i killed my moped... pbfrk4life Electronics 7 06-11-2007 04:35 AM
Help!Help! I think I killed it SouthernHighLife4x4 General Crawlers 11 06-04-2006 09:48 PM