RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/)
-   -   Sébastien Loeb Pikes Peak Run (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/451355-s%E9bastien-loeb-pikes-peak-run.html)

cmbscx10 06-30-2013 04:43 PM

Sébastien Loeb Pikes Peak Run

Are you kidding me? :shock: 8'13"878. I have been a rally fan since 96' and when Seb first came into the scene i hated him with a passion. Probably because i was a McRae (RIP),Tommi and Burns (RIP) fan. As i saw him drive and see his contributions to WRC, i really started to like him. His driving consistency, speed and utter driving talent made me watch even after my #1 McRae died. Some still hate him and most love him. He is often compared to Ari, Juha, Sainz etc. They were gods themselves but in a totally different era of machines and the sport. When i heard Loeb was going to the XGames, i laughed. Yes we have talented drivers but whomever thought it would be a close race is thoroughly missing the talent Loeb has. Everywhere but the US, motorsports is much much more accepted than what we have here. Our silly tree huggers don't let us have our fun like the Europeans or other countries. If i am wrong, why are we not on the calendar? Too far? Not a chance. WRC travels 85% around the world. It too dangerous and damaging for the protectionist weenies.
Congrats to Loeb, Peugeot, his mechanics, wife and daughter. 7 minutes next years please.

romulus22 06-30-2013 05:06 PM

Re: Sébastien Loeb Pikes Peak Run

Video?

jetboat 06-30-2013 06:17 PM

it lost something when they paved it and put up guard rails.

Duuuuuuuude 06-30-2013 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmbscx10 (Post 4381059)
Everywhere but the US, motorsports is much much more accepted than what we have here. Our silly tree huggers don't let us have our fun like the Europeans or other countries. If i am wrong, why are we not on the calendar? Too far? Not a chance. WRC travels 85% around the world. It too dangerous and damaging for the protectionist weenies.

'cause they aren't driving in a counterclockwise manner around a paved track, and that is just too damn hard to follow and understand.

cmbscx10 06-30-2013 08:36 PM

jetboat
I 100% agree. Other than youtube and dvd's, i only watched in person in 07' and man was the gravel section bad arse to watch. Hard to replace the sound but like everything, somethings change. A new era for sure but the setup challenges will be the same whether dirt or gravel.

Duuuuuuuude
Don't get me wrong, i like trophy trucks, KOH, 1/4mile and even Nascar. We have great drivers both male and female but i just don't think we "get" it and severely limit greatness in our drivers.

Duuuuuuuude 06-30-2013 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmbscx10 (Post 4381343)
Duuuuuuuude
Don't get me wrong, i like trophy trucks, KOH, 1/4mile and even Nascar. We have great drivers both male and female but i just don't think we "get" it and severely limit greatness in our drivers.

I fawkin hate NASCAR and was being sarcastic.

BL-4x4 07-01-2013 08:34 AM

Loeb ´> Loebs NEW Pikes Peak Record 8'13"878. - YouTube

back on the days ... no pavement -> Climb Dance - YouTube

jason 07-01-2013 08:55 AM

Loeb Killed it!

Rhys Millen set the record lastyear, and beat the record again this year, Loeb beat that by almost 50 seconds. I told my mom on saturday that I'd bet loeb would have a minute on anyone else, I was almost right.

My step brother Spencer Steele was the 8th fastest person up the mountain, and had his first sub 10 minute run.

nascarkeith 07-01-2013 09:05 AM

So Pike's Peak is all asphalt now?

Duuuuuuuude 07-01-2013 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nascarkeith (Post 4381772)

Yep. :cry:

nascarkeith 07-01-2013 08:18 PM

:evil: that's just wrong. Are they going to wrap the cars in bubble wrap next year?

Duuuuuuuude 07-01-2013 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nascarkeith (Post 4382452)
:evil: that's just wrong. Are they going to wrap the cars in bubble wrap next year?

The decision to pave had absolutely nothing to do with the race. The city of Colorado Springs began paving it a few years ago for safety and legal reasons. Remember, it is a public road 51 weeks of the year.

nascarkeith 07-01-2013 08:28 PM

Oh, I figured it was for safety reasons to help provide traction and keep cars on track. It is a public road so I guess they finally decided "hey it's not the1940's anymore."

slowlearner 07-01-2013 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmbscx10 (Post 4381059)
He(Loeb) is often compared to Ari, Juha, Sainz etc. They were gods themselves but in a totally different era of machines and the sport. When i heard Loeb was going to the XGames, i laughed. Yes we have talented drivers but whomever thought it would be a close race is thoroughly missing the talent Loeb has.

So, let me understand. You don't put Ken Block in with that group and call his finely choreographed urban "rally" videos as talent? It takes skill, SKILL I say, to go doing the things he does in a tightly control environment with many, many practice runs with all obstacles laid out presicely to makes sure it all looks like dangerous yet skillful. SKILL dammit.

suppose I better add some:lmao::lmao: just so we all know I'm being sarcastic...

EeePee 07-01-2013 08:56 PM

How can they compare times on tarmac to times on gravel? You can't.

jetboat 07-02-2013 05:34 AM

I hadnt watched a race since it went all paved... wow that was boring looking.

CheapTwin 07-02-2013 06:38 AM

So why don't they just put a F1 car on the start line and have a Go ?

DroopysGarage 07-02-2013 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nascarkeith (Post 4381772)

yup...paving pikes peak and putting up guardrails was the citizens in the areas idea so they can drive their prius's and other neuter mobiles up it without scratching their tires so they can go to the top of the peak to sip their half caff mocha lattes and listen to tree hugger music. I mean whats next....replacing the 8,000 hp fire breathing nitromethane burning top fuel car engines with a bee farting on a little windmill? I now have to mark "go watch a pikes peak race" off my bucket list because they cut the balls off of the course and went and paved it so any guy in a geo metro with a rocket taped to the back can break a record because they don't have to worry about trying to find traction on gravel and dirt. sorry but I guess im a person who just liked the whole aspect of trying to break a record and trying to find the little to no traction all the while trying to not slide off a cliff and die.....anyways how bout them dodgers

DroopysGarage 07-02-2013 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CheapTwin (Post 4382820)
So why don't they just put a F1 car on the start line and have a Go ?

im sure it will be done very soon

BL-4x4 07-02-2013 07:35 AM

Loeb's onboard -> Sebastien Loeb Pikes Peak World Record 2013 Full Onboard 8'13 "878. - YouTube

the guy is an outstanding pilot, way above WRC average, the car is awesome, the track paved, the video is almost boring ... the car is so glued to the track , and the pilot is so talented that the tires don't even make skid sounds ...