Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Anyone ordered from SMF RC???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2015, 09:55 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Anyone ordered from SMF RC???

I placed an order with them over 3 weeks ago. Dave emailed me and gave me a quote said 2 week time to build my truggy chassis and said I would receive an email confirming everything. Well I paid that day I got the email quote and have heard nothing from him and sent an email 2 days ago asking for an update and haven't heard back? Anyone else use them before?
molina is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-2015, 10:52 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Anyone ordered from SMF RC???

I have not, but I've heard they're slow at times. It sounds like a really small operation. I'm wondering if they went out of town for Christmas and didn't let you know?

Steve
pastimesteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 08:06 AM   #3

Did you ever get your order from them and how long did it take?

I am ordering from them today .I hope I dont have problems.

Last edited by THX_138; 04-10-2016 at 08:48 AM.
ozzydg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 08:59 AM   #4

I emailed them twice about ordering a item, but no response.
Cdagza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 09:31 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

I finally did. It took almost 2 months. Then once it sent I was told it was lost in the mail. 2 more weeks added for that fiasco. I will say it turned out great, but I wouldn't order from them again.
Old 04-09-2016, 09:39 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

I was told he was having personal problems. Things like that happen. My complaint is there was no communication and I had to harass them for a while before I finally got answers. Then with all the hassle there was never any type of compensation offered. It was a very frustrating purchase but I am pleased with the truggy kit.
Old 04-09-2016, 04:19 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by molina View Post
I was told he was having personal problems. Things like that happen. My complaint is there was no communication and I had to harass them for a while before I finally got answers. Then with all the hassle there was never any type of compensation offered. It was a very frustrating purchase but I am pleased with the truggy kit.
If there was no monetary loss on your end and you received the product you ordered and you were not injured in some way, then you were due nothing in "compensation". Being mildly inconvenienced occasionally is part of internet commerce, especially with one-man/one-family businesses.
Soldat Vaillant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 08:15 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

True. Not saying he owed me any money or anything but speedier shipping or something of the sort would have been nice. I don't mind time slumps as long as communication is present, but the communication part was not there.
Old 04-09-2016, 08:45 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Ive never heard of smf rc... But the acronym seems to say something...
Prop Shaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 09:20 PM   #10

I'm heading into week 7 on a 5 week quote. That was supposed to be 5 weeks shipped. I emailed at the end of week 5 and got a response pretty quick. Seems to be waiting on tubing showing up. I sure hope I don't have to wait 2+ months.
Newplague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 10:32 AM   #11

I ordered my third cage from SMF RC on March 13, 2016, paid for it that day and was told it would be a 3 week turn around time. 3-1/2 months later still no cage, just replies that it will ship by Friday.

On the first two orders they were late on the delivery date but only by 3 and 4 weeks. This time it is looking like 4 months plus.

Anyone else still waiting?
Gnu1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 01:52 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnu1960 View Post
I ordered my third cage from SMF RC on March 13, 2016, paid for it that day and was told it would be a 3 week turn around time. 3-1/2 months later still no cage, just replies that it will ship by Friday.

On the first two orders they were late on the delivery date but only by 3 and 4 weeks. This time it is looking like 4 months plus.

Anyone else still waiting?
I'm in the same boat. I ordered and paid for my custom cage in late april, was told it would take three weeks and I'm still waiting. I've emailed him numerous times and each time it is another excuse. I was told it was shipped last Thursday priority and even got tracking number, but the number doesn't even work and says it can't be found. His response to that was they don't always scan the numbers. So I'm super ticked at the moment. he told me to wait til Wednesday of next week for it to show up due to the holiday weekend. I hope I'm not being scammed.. I really love his work. I understand the time for the custom work but being strung along with excuses is not cool. I hope I get the cage but I will never EVER order from him again. A crazy way to run a business.
VirtualCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 07:57 PM   #13
Rock Stacker

I had the same problem with him. Ordered a cage end of april and was promised 3 weeks tops. It finally shipped past weekend. Still waiting to receive it. BTW, i got that fake tracking number too for a few days. He claimed the package was returned back to him. I did pester him with emails every 3-4 days. At some point i even asked him to cancel my order. He kept giving one or the other excuse.
And for the last 2 days, the package is not progressing. So i may still never receive it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
metblack328i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 08:13 AM   #14

Well dang. I'm on the verge of demanding a refund. He says it's shipped but at the rate of excuses he's got I have a feeling it's not even built. He had the audacity to say that no one else was having shipping problems yet here we are, all with the same problem. I really wish it didn't have to be like this. This cage makes or breaks my current build. Someone should send him a link to this page see what he comes up with.
Old 07-01-2016, 08:13 PM   #15
Rock Stacker

My cage finally arrived today. His work is indeed too good. Just that this long wait totally killed my enthusiasm in the hilux build. Hopefully u get ur cage soon. Just keep pestering him via emails.

Old 07-02-2016, 12:51 AM   #16

Unhappy Re: Anyone ordered from SMF RC???

Quote:
Originally Posted by metblack328i View Post
My cage finally arrived today. His work is indeed too good. Just that this long wait totally killed my enthusiasm in the hilux build. Hopefully u get ur cage soon. Just keep pestering him via emails.

Lucky! I bet it's a relief on your end! ehh sadly I demanded a refund. Just did not feel comfortable supporting this artist after the amount of dishonesty in email responses. He refunded me no problem after 2+ months and said that he "redirected" the package back to himself. Riiiiightttt.. . I was just tired of looking on the porch everyday for the past month only to be disappointed, and told another lame excuse. I'll just take my business else where on this forum. Good luck to anyone in this SMF RC purgatory. just a heads up to any future buyers.

Last edited by VirtualCrawler; 07-02-2016 at 06:07 AM.
Old 07-02-2016, 07:03 AM   #17
Rock Stacker

He keeps posting 1 or 2 cages to ebay each month. Just add his ebay seller notification and buy it from there if you can. Also he has a facebook page where he notifies that he is posting cages to ebay.

Old 07-03-2016, 07:59 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by metblack328i View Post
He keeps posting 1 or 2 cages to ebay each month. Just add his ebay seller notification and buy it from there if you can. Also he has a facebook page where he notifies that he is posting cages to ebay.

That's greasy. I noticed he posted up a few during the time I was waiting. I'm having problems finding rear cage for an scx10 with a hilux body. Does anyone know other artists? My rig has been sitting on the shelf for too long I'll keep an eye on his ebay page.. Who knows the one I ordered may show up. Not many options out there.
Old 07-03-2016, 09:58 AM   #19
Rock Stacker

They are hard to comeby and i am not aware of anyone else that makes them. Although few vendors build truggy chassis which cost an arm and a leg.

Old 07-06-2016, 11:07 PM   #20
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualCrawler View Post
Lucky! I bet it's a relief on your end! ehh sadly I demanded a refund. Just did not feel comfortable supporting this artist after the amount of dishonesty in email responses. He refunded me no problem after 2+ months and said that he "redirected" the package back to himself. Riiiiightttt.. . I was just tired of looking on the porch everyday for the past month only to be disappointed, and told another lame excuse. I'll just take my business else where on this forum. Good luck to anyone in this SMF RC purgatory. just a heads up to any future buyers.

It's been 2 months since I ordered a SCX10 rear cage from SMF. I was originally told "up to 3 weeks", when I ordered it on May 10th. I was told late last week that it would be finished and shipped Tuesday of this week (July 5th), and I would receive tracking info. I haven't received any tracking info. I emailed them July 5th and today (July 6th) asking if it had been shipped. I haven't received a response.
I'm done dealing with SMF! I'm going to email them tomorrow and demand a refund. If I don't get a refund by Friday, I'm going to open a claim with PayPal.
During my 2 month wait, SMF has posted 2 cages for sale on EBay!

Good luck to anyone ordering from SMF! I will never deal with them again, and I'll have a difficult time recommending them to anyone!

2-shot is offline   Reply With Quote

Anyone ordered from SMF RC??? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dingo to SMF truggy. floundern45rc Axial SCX-10 2 07-31-2015 05:38 PM
Kit Ordered, Parts Ordered, Suggestions??? OkinawaCrawler Tamiya XC/CC01 6 02-21-2014 09:52 AM