Notices

Thread: 255 to 171 lbs / Ask Helhedded

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2015, 12:34 AM   #361
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: 255 to 171 lbs / Ask Helhedded

Quote:
Originally Posted by helhedded View Post
Are you asking if deadlifts and squats gave me a six pack?

No. Dieting gives you that.

Other than that, yes the exercises have affected my core. All barbell exercises utilize core (Abdominal) strength and I center my training around the barbell. I'm much stronger outside of weight training. Simple things like lifting a lawnmower out of a trunk are easy now. Squatting low to reorganize the pantry or to fix something is no longer tough. Getting out of that position no longer requires holding onto a stable object. Performance in bed gets a swift kick as well. Think about all that thrusting power you're gaining from the heavy squats and deadlifts.

Sometimes (about 1-2 times a week) I work in a abdominal exercise after a squat or deadlift day. I usually do 2-3 sets of that exercise depending on how dead I am. Squatting works the core more than people think. You just have to squat a lot. I like to rotate around with the exercises with my two favorites being the weighted cable crunch and the ab wheel.
I knew deadlifts and squatting won't give a six pack, but will build a foundation for that. In general having a strong core is important even if its not a six pack look. I had to know your result.

I have messed up my exercise routine from the past year and need to get back on track. I am 184cm and 74kg slim guy and never took suppliments. I have used light weights, higher reps all my life since I did not want to bulk up and preferred agility. I realise light weights do not give that hardcore strength or long lasting muscle mass. Hence forth I will gradually go for heavy weight training. I am thinking , if I put in 1 hr of heavy weight training, then atleast 1/2 hr of stretching after that.
Whats your view on streching exercise? And whats your warm up routine?

Thanks for the input. I realise you have put in a lot of thought, descipline, consistant hard work and siracha sauce in getting that bed breaking thrust
wings_of_fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2015, 10:07 AM   #362
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by wings_of_fire View Post
I knew deadlifts and squatting won't give a six pack, but will build a foundation for that. In general having a strong core is important even if its not a six pack look. I had to know your result.

I have messed up my exercise routine from the past year and need to get back on track. I am 184cm and 74kg slim guy and never took suppliments. I have used light weights, higher reps all my life since I did not want to bulk up and preferred agility. I realise light weights do not give that hardcore strength or long lasting muscle mass. Hence forth I will gradually go for heavy weight training. I am thinking , if I put in 1 hr of heavy weight training, then atleast 1/2 hr of stretching after that.
Whats your view on streching exercise? And whats your warm up routine?

Thanks for the input. I realise you have put in a lot of thought, descipline, consistant hard work and siracha sauce in getting that bed breaking thrust

Haha Deep, you're EeePee sized. Do you also buy cheap ice beer and buy one/get one meats at your local grocer?

Supplements aren't all too necessary but a few have been proven to work. Depending on your goal(s) I can help pick out a few that will support your weight training.

Deep, you need to train with progressive overload. You need to be adding weight or reps to the bar. Push Push push. When form breaks down, reset to a lighter weight and work your way back up. The way you progress with weights will always be a zig-zag pattern. You can push up until the body can't go any further. When this happens, we reset to lighter weights to allow for recovery. Under heavy training this is the only time when we fully recover. It's call a deload.

You need to be working a strength program based around 3x5 or 5x5 that's been written by a professional. I can help with selection when you're ready.

3 or more weight training days (1-1.5hour sessions) a week depending on your schedule will work great. I recommend stretching a lot. I do it on my off days, and before EVERY training session I have a full body routine. When off day tightness occurs I stretch it out. Cardio type exercises are great for in between your training as they keep you loose and limber. Muscles tend to tighten up under heavy weight training with minimal stretch work. I run a bastardized version of the Elliot Hulse bio-energizer routine but I leave out the weirdo shake. I still recommend that you try it, the weirdo shake that is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zD-3j2g9w9U
helhedded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 10:20 AM   #363
MODERATOR™

Deloaded this morning.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 03:13 AM   #364
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by helhedded View Post
Haha Deep, you're EeePee sized. Do you also buy cheap ice beer and buy one/get one meats at your local grocer?

Supplements aren't all too necessary but a few have been proven to work. Depending on your goal(s) I can help pick out a few that will support your weight training.

Deep, you need to train with progressive overload. You need to be adding weight or reps to the bar. Push Push push. When form breaks down, reset to a lighter weight and work your way back up. The way you progress with weights will always be a zig-zag pattern. You can push up until the body can't go any further. When this happens, we reset to lighter weights to allow for recovery. Under heavy training this is the only time when we fully recover. It's call a deload.

You need to be working a strength program based around 3x5 or 5x5 that's been written by a professional. I can help with selection when you're ready.

3 or more weight training days (1-1.5hour sessions) a week depending on your schedule will work great. I recommend stretching a lot. I do it on my off days, and before EVERY training session I have a full body routine. When off day tightness occurs I stretch it out. Cardio type exercises are great for in between your training as they keep you loose and limber. Muscles tend to tighten up under heavy weight training with minimal stretch work. I run a bastardized version of the Elliot Hulse bio-energizer routine but I leave out the weirdo shake. I still recommend that you try it, the weirdo shake that is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zD-3j2g9w9U
lol
ummm no I do not drink alcohol or smoke. I feed my buffalo fodder, then I drink milk after milking my neighbors buffalo, because I am a growing boy. Then I go watch my rice paddy grow lush green while the cool wind blows in my face. Then I step into my neighbors rice paddy and bring back home some rice. This convenience is not available at my local grocer Brah.

I am not willing to take supplements and want to be natural. Even though they can profit in the short run, I get a nervous feeling about their effects during old age.

In deloding process, are you saying that recovery time is short which lies within a particular number of sets?

I will be back at the gym from this week. I am going to let myself set for two weeks and then impliment what you have suggested. Good guidance and thanks for the detailed info Brah.

Time to read this thread from page 1.

I just saw that funny weirdo shake video

Last edited by wings_of_fire; 08-04-2015 at 06:50 AM.
wings_of_fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 08:01 AM   #365
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by wings_of_fire View Post
lol
ummm no I do not drink alcohol or smoke. I feed my buffalo fodder, then I drink milk after milking my neighbors buffalo, because I am a growing boy. Then I go watch my rice paddy grow lush green while the cool wind blows in my face. Then I step into my neighbors rice paddy and bring back home some rice. This convenience is not available at my local grocer Brah.

I am not willing to take supplements and want to be natural. Even though they can profit in the short run, I get a nervous feeling about their effects during old age.

In deloding process, are you saying that recovery time is short which lies within a particular number of sets?

I will be back at the gym from this week. I am going to let myself set for two weeks and then impliment what you have suggested. Good guidance and thanks for the detailed info Brah.

Time to read this thread from page 1.

I just saw that funny weirdo shake video

That reminds me when I was a young boy in Brazil, mi papa would carry me on his back while fetching water and hunting mountain goats.

No, I'm saying that during a deload you are to still lift weights. You just don't lift heavy weights. Some people like to take completely off, as in they don't lift for a week or so. I for one can not do that and like many others I choose to still lift but at a decreased intensity.
Old 09-23-2015, 06:51 AM   #366
Adilynsdad too!

Dear sir, I desperately seeking calorie advice. How should I be entering my calorie intake on foods such as corn and nuts? If I eat a cup of corn half a cup ends up in the toilet later on... Should I be breaking down my poop and counting out the kernels or individual nuts? Thanks
braceysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 07:28 AM   #367
I wanna be Dave

No need to recount, but you do have to eat the corn and nuts again to get their full nutritional value.
Old 09-23-2015, 10:18 AM   #368
MODERATOR™

Just chew better the first time around.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 10:23 AM   #369
I wanna be Dave

Yeah, just chew on the nuts longer and harder next time.
Old 09-23-2015, 11:37 AM   #370
Adilynsdad too!

Which came first... The nuts, corn, or turd?
braceysdad is offline   Reply With Quote

255 to 171 lbs / Ask Helhedded - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
7 HP and Ft/Lbs from a drop in K&N? BJoe Chit Chat 22 05-27-2012 09:23 PM
Kraz-255 Alex_Core Videos! 1 05-14-2012 04:45 AM
scale winch that picks up more than 4 lbs??? bonks Electronics 11 04-07-2011 11:21 AM
6 lbs. of LiPos 92PathSE Chit Chat 11 02-01-2010 03:03 AM