Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Traxxas....your so original..

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2013, 08:59 PM   #101
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Traxxas....your so original..

I've counted to potato ......... Twice .
hellbounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2013, 09:24 PM   #102
Pebble Pounder

Lets put it this way. They do it so everybody has something to complain about while they laugh on their way to the bank. Bottom line is that people will buy it specially if the price is right. Then people will go back and buy parts. Then later people will go back and buy upgrades. That's how will keep this hobby alive.
Quiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 10:45 PM   #103
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackSlash4 View Post
This is probably Traxxas' worst Idea yet.... They need to come out with something new based off of NOTHING they have made before... They should make something worth racing right out of the box...How about a 1/8 Buggy or truggy? Who Cares tho.. I have my DRX VE Now..
its not the worst idea ever....remember they have put out an 1/8 funny car,and an 1/9 100mph speed run car that you need a $400 phone to reach true potential so saying its the worst idea ever is just a little to quick, im sure we will see a transforming car to airplane or some other weird contraption soon.....I think traxxas has a think tank that they lock their designers/ideas creators in and pump in a weird mind bending gas and wait for the fun.
DroopysGarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 05:00 PM   #104
RCC Addict

Just ended up on Traxxas' site and thought to myself, Well, that's hideous.
danielk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 05:31 PM   #105
Pebble Pounder

Ugly, indeed.

-Corrupt
Corrupt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 08:07 AM   #106

I kind of like it as an entry level... a little $$$ for entry level but it's what THEY choose to enter the market at ( might come down like other new offerings)

Now what I think would sell is a similar platform but with the Summit 2spd tranny and some larger tires with soft rubber maybe locker at back or re-invent a limited slip. (keep speed reasonable so parts don't fly off but it's quick)

Go for the expensive "toy" rc crowd.... not hobby crowd......kind of like the LaTrax idea but a crawler/basher truck (if Vaterra is reading this, your next idea from the Twin Hammers is a Truck!)

I remember the old Radio-Shack trucks.....for kids they're great!!! Get them hooked at a young age....simple tools to modify.

I think sales in volume would generate the profits more with these ideas...just brainstorming/ranting.
JC-8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 07:41 AM   #107
Rock Stacker

I like this truck. I don't own any 1/10 RCs yet. Traxxas is a hobby class entry level RC so offering different versions of what they have proven they do well and are successful at financially makes sense.

Most people entering the hobby want plug and play and they want to do some jumps and see some roost while driving. Traxxas is also more accessible to the general public through Future Shop in Canada. While customers are unlikely to find a Future Shop employee who knows shit about RC they do have a full aisle of parts.

I hate the look of buggies, I don't like the SCT style either. I do like the scalers but a scaler will not climb our rugged rooty mountain bike trails and do the flow or stunts sections going down that require better handling and more speed than locked solid axles provide.

Trail running mountain bike trails with a hybrid RC or as I've dubbed it an All Mountain RC may be the next big thing in RC. Traxxas may be taking the bashing category someone above said they created to the next level.

Rather than develop a new platform I'd like to see Traxxas start putting 2 real batteries, a proper hobby class programmable charger capable of doing all battery types and a coupon printed on the box for 50% off on a third battery at the time of purchase for all of their RTR kits.

Since there isn't any further R&D required and it would lower the cost of those items by increasing volume its possible. The other major RC names all do the same thing. Folks here are hacking on Axial for the Deadbolt. The reality is for experienced hobbyists like the folks around these kinds of forums its hard and expensive to make something new that will impress them.

Last edited by davemud; 12-15-2013 at 07:43 AM.
davemud is offline   Reply With Quote

Traxxas....your so original.. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
original rc10 slegh Non Crawler RC's 0 06-05-2013 09:13 AM
Original AX-10 Scorpion tyerfryersc Chit Chat 10 01-17-2012 01:00 PM
the original clodbuster honcho1.9 Chit Chat 4 12-30-2010 11:23 PM