RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/)
-   -   Traxxas....your so original.. (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/457015-traxxas-your-so-original.html)

ROLANDROCKSHOP 08-09-2013 10:58 AM

Traxxas....your so original..

Traxxas - Telluride 4X4 (#67044) - Overview | traxxas.com

http://traxxas.com/sites/default/fil...-splash-01.jpg

winner 08-09-2013 11:01 AM

Re: Traxxas....your so original..

and they have yet to make a straight axle truck...

TURTLE 08-09-2013 11:07 AM

Is that just a slash 4x4 platform with a different body and tires?

ROLANDROCKSHOP 08-09-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TURTLE (Post 4433178)

looks like it....

Traxxas R/D must be a gravy job..:roll:

Calderwood 08-09-2013 11:11 AM

Sct wheels for the fail...

Duuuuuuuude 08-09-2013 11:16 AM

They did the same with their new rally. Slash chassis, different body mounts and body.

Dostradamas 08-09-2013 11:19 AM

Its amusing to me to hear all the bashing of Traxxas on here.
I agree they are not supporting the crawling section of the hobby & are pandering to what they feel sells (so far they are right.)
They see a emerging trend in the scale/trail/ & they throw out their offering, thats what they do, sell their product.
The funny part is when I got into rc's 20+ years ago Traxxas did not exist & they have managed to create & dominate a "new" section of the rc world, RTR bashing.
They build bashers for bashers & whether we like it or not doing that has made them one of the most recognized names in rc.
I feel we should at least recognize the power of drawing new people into the rc world, they have that.
Some of the newbs drawn in by the fun & ease of RTR Traxxas will evolve to positive additions to our corner of the rc world.
I am happy Traxxas came along, I feel they are a benefit to the whole rc world even if they don't make what I want to buy (except those maxx shafts for my Wraith.)

THW 08-09-2013 11:21 AM

They only have 3 chassis now right? They discontinued the Funny cars and I thought I heard that the 2wd Stampede was going to start using the Slash chassis. Its a great idea to build a Trail/Rock Crawler/Racer? Is this just a Summit replacement? They need some more innovation, especially if they are going to charge as much as they do for their stuff, throwing a new body and designation is lame ass. That body looks like a MangaJapaneese8yearoldsfeverdream mash up, ugly contest winner hybrid...yuck. I think the problem is they rebadge the same stuff and toss a new body on it and charge premium bucks for it as a brand new item...its not. I do like the concept tho, dont get me wrong, its still just a different body on a Slash chassis.

winner 08-09-2013 11:23 AM

i just think its funny how the put a new body and tires on a old chassis and call it new then put a outrageous price on it

jason 08-09-2013 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TURTLE (Post 4433178)

It's only got a 10.75" wheelbase so it ain't a slash chassis.

1tonscout 08-09-2013 11:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The chassis looks very similar to the slash

Jus 08-09-2013 11:45 AM

:roll:

RickGrimes 08-09-2013 11:59 AM

Without measuring it looks like a stampede 4x4 chassis.

THW 08-09-2013 12:00 PM

Its the chassis from the Rally cars.

microgoat 08-09-2013 12:16 PM

We'll get a bunch of new bodies out of it, that's for sure.

Colby 08-09-2013 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winner (Post 4433205)
i just think its funny how the put a new body and tires on a old chassis and call it new then put a outrageous price on it

Sounds like the "new" Wraith

thisdougsforu 08-09-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dostradamas (Post 4433200)
Its amusing to me to hear all the bashing of Traxxas on here.
I agree they are not supporting the crawling section of the hobby & are pandering to what they feel sells (so far they are right.)
They see a emerging trend in the scale/trail/ & they throw out their offering, thats what they do, sell their product.
The funny part is when I got into rc's 20+ years ago Traxxas did not exist & they have managed to create & dominate a "new" section of the rc world, RTR bashing.
They build bashers for bashers & whether we like it or not doing that has made them one of the most recognized names in rc.
I feel we should at least recognize the power of drawing new people into the rc world, they have that.
Some of the newbs drawn in by the fun & ease of RTR Traxxas will evolve to positive additions to our corner of the rc world.
I am happy Traxxas came along, I feel they are a benefit to the whole rc world even if they don't make what I want to buy (except those maxx shafts for my Wraith.)

Easy there, Chief. No one is saying Traxxas should disappear from the market or anything like that. I love the Slash, and it's great they have mass appeal...but they have gotten lazy design wise.

It's disappointing that this is just another rehash (with SCT tires!). Seems the last time Traxxas really went out on a limb was with the Funny Car...which was an incredibly niche segment to go after and was pretty must destined to fail at that price point. I hope that failure doesn't mean we get another 3-4 years of Slash/Stampede/Revo rehashes.

Quiel 08-09-2013 12:37 PM

It's a good beginner truck that has 4WD for under $300.00

If this is what get more people into the hobby, then so be it. You know someone will come up with hop ups for this anyway.

RC Car Action did a video this morning. They mention some specs.
http://www.rccaraction.com/blog/2013...t-drive-video/

BJoe 08-09-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thisdougsforu (Post 4433284)
Easy there, Chief. No one is saying Traxxas should disappear from the market or anything like that. I love the Slash, and it's great they have mass appeal...but they have gotten lazy design wise.

It's disappointing that this is just another rehash (with SCT tires!). Seems the last time Traxxas really went out on a limb was with the Funny Car...which was an incredibly niche segment to go after and was pretty must destined to fail at that price point. I hope that failure doesn't mean we get another 3-4 years of Slash/Stampede/Revo rehashes.

Now if it had been a Summit on Slayer suspension with a more scale looking body or a 1/16 Slash with thicker diff oils, more trail oriented tires, Summit rockers, bumpers, body mounts, and a more Mini SUV looking body.......I'd probably even put one of the 21t Titans in that too.

It does explain why Traxxas went after Horizon on the Twin Hammer too.

Calderwood 08-09-2013 01:07 PM

Do non-sct wheels even fit over the traxxas knuckles?