Notices

Thread: RCC Official "RC-Recycler" is out of his damn mind thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2013, 06:06 AM   #61
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: RCC Official "RC-Recycler" is out of his damn mind thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creep View Post
What gets to me about this price gouging is that people trying to sell something look at what their for-sale-item could go for. If they actually see these pieces selling for these prices they will try to follow suit. How many items are going to become more & more expensive this way? It could be a strategy to stock a boat-load of those NB JK bodies & then one-by-one buy them from himself at a high price under a guise to soon make them more valuable/profitable... yes?
Ummm, There are much easier ways to make a couple hundred bucks. If someone wants to spend that much time, effort, and money on such a minimal return, all the luck too them!

Edit: just read through some of this thread. Damn, some of you hate free market! too bad Obama won't step in and tell him what he is allowed to charge...

Last edited by Calderwood; 10-20-2013 at 06:16 AM.
Calderwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2013, 08:44 AM   #62
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigels_world View Post
Ummm, There are much easier ways to make a couple hundred bucks. If someone wants to spend that much time, effort, and money on such a minimal return, all the luck too them!

Edit: just read through some of this thread. Damn, some of you hate free market! too bad Obama won't step in and tell him what he is allowed to charge...
Gentlemen, exhibit A ^^^
Creep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 04:18 PM   #63
Rock Crawler

You guys cmon, Im sure he is paying TOP dollar for this used stuff.......
sgtbham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 01:07 AM   #64
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosierdady View Post
His name on here is Scaledustin and he runs RCRecycler and Homeless hobbies for sure. It seems like he has one other "store" on Ebay as well.
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/wante...mas-money.html
Proof of this? Not disagreeing with you by no means but just wondering how you know "...for sure"

Scaledustin resides in south Florida.. The couple of things I have gotten rather cheap from rc-retard have came from Carolina.. But then again I guess it's not that hard to mail something from somewhere you're not..

Last edited by RebelRacer; 10-23-2013 at 01:27 AM.
RebelRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 06:32 AM   #65
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelRacer View Post
Proof of this? Not disagreeing with you by no means but just wondering how you know "...for sure"

Scaledustin resides in south Florida.. The couple of things I have gotten rather cheap from rc-retard have came from Carolina.. But then again I guess it's not that hard to mail something from somewhere you're not..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rc-recycler
Our business is physically located in Durham, NC. We're set up primarily to conduct business online, but we're able to accommodate local sales by appointment, please contact us if you'd like to arrange to pick up your purchases.
Old 10-23-2013, 06:51 AM   #66
Quarry Creeper

Here's a great deal, only $39.95

Pair of HD Aluminum Steering Links 176mm 125mm for Clod Buster XL HR Axles | eBay
bretkissick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:41 AM   #67
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creep View Post
Gentlemen, exhibit A ^^^
???
Old 10-23-2013, 09:40 AM   #68
Rock Crawler

This Rc-Recycler bashing seems out of place. Hell, it’s even turned into somewhat of a witch hunt for the owner/operator. It’s gone as far as listing a name “Scaledustin”, I don’t know him and I’ve never had any deals with him. I just took three minutes of time and did a search. It appears he runs Homeless Hobbies. If you look at Homeless Hobbies eBay store he appears to have fair prices. None the less, what does it really matter if a company has prices that someone feels are too high. Isn’t the price you pay for a product up to the buyer to some degree. As a buyer you have the option to shop around and compare prices. If you ran across a particular store, Rc-Recycler, and you felt he was “price gouging”, then as a consumer wouldn’t the best approach be to steer clear of that business. “Stang Killa SS” started the thread and has even posted later about a decent deal he found, his quote;

i have to give credit where credit is due. last week i bought a set of 4 SCX icon aluminum shocks from rc-recycler, they were new in bag unassembled. they were $12 cheaper than RPP and had free shipping.
im sure parting out new kits is cheaper/ higher profit, than buying the parts individually from axial for him.
anyway wanted to post.

I also don’t know “Stang Killa SS” and I haven’t done any deals with him.

I don’t have anything against the thread but, it seems to me that any business is open to the same degree of scrutiny. I look at the price of some of the vendors listed on RCC any think “No way will I pay that for…..” but, they are vendors and seem to get support from the community and that’s great. I like the idea of free market. If someone wants to pay $245 for a hard body then let them. I don’t understand how that hurts the hobby.

Just for honesty I have bought a lot from RC-Recycler. I just do simple eBay search for “price plus shipping lowest” whoever comes up with the product I want at the best price gets my business.

Please don’t take this as some type of negative post. I just really don’t understand it. The thread seemed to take off like wild fire. From someone new to the hobby it has the appearance of a group turning on one of their own. I say “one of their own”, meaning someone who supplies a good or service to those involved in the hobby.

I know the flaming and bashing will start and that’s okay. Just know this is a honest attempt to understand the thread as a whole. If it’s just, “find a ridiculous price and post it”, that’s one thing but, it seems to have taken a different turn and became about bashing a company. Maybe I’m wrong, not the first time. I just thought I would share how it comes across to me.

FLAME ON….. starting in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 ………
mmatthews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 10:34 AM   #69
I wanna be Dave

Why is there a thread like this? Because America that's why, free speech son. As much as this company has a right to charge whatever it wants, I have just as much right to talk sh1t about its business practices.

And yeah compare the vendors here that MAKE things and add value to parts/chassis, not take off a new bright body from a chassis and instantly charge 3x the price.

You're labeling this thread incorrectly and confusing a witch hunt with education. The noobs will see this thread and know what the company is doing that is wrong when compared to the rest of the niche of this hobby.
Meatwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 04:18 PM   #70
ahhh S^*T

Quote:
His name on here is Scaledustin and he runs RCRecycler and Homeless hobbies for sure. It seems like he has one other "store" on Ebay as well.

are you serious?? I didnt even think that was close to the same person. how do you know this Hoodady?

I have spoken with him many times on the phone when I was building a rig for him.. I dont need to give folks a bad name on here so ill just leave it at that.

MEATWAD, you sir have an excellent point, and I also see where MMATHEWS is coming from. but constitution rules!!!!
I dont think it really damages the hobby but it does drive people away when they do a quik search and come up with a 250.00 jeep shell. they say "FUK THIS IM OUT", rather than looking around.
yes its up to the people to decide where to buy, but its also up to us to treat people FAIRLY and support our passions and help others into it beside us, so we can all have fun and afford gas to get to the spot!! dont be so fukin greedy. its not cool. and as stated above my post, WE ARE FREE TO SAY SO lol...

Last edited by AxialJeepster; 10-24-2013 at 04:29 PM.
AxialJeepster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 02:25 PM   #71
Fan of wheelspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelRacer View Post
Proof of this? Not disagreeing with you by no means but just wondering how you know "...for sure" .
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxialJeepster View Post
are you serious?? I didnt even think that was close to the same person. how do you know this Hoodady?
When I bought my NB Jeep body I messaged him on here and he said that he runs a few stores on Ebay where he resells the bodies and parts. I told him I hoped he'd discount the body for me instead of me paying the inflated prices that were listed on Ebay and he did. I know that Homeless Hobbies was one and when I registered on RC Recycler I got a 10% discount code good for items on their site and Ebay. I'm almost positive that it listed Homeless Hobbies as well. Key words here, "almost positive". I can't find 100% proof of this so I'm going to edit my post to say "I think it's him." So I spoke without having 100% proof of what I said. Kinda dumb of me I suppose . Either way as I said I'm editing my post. My apologies guys, truly feeling like a idiot for even posting that without 100% proof. If I offended anyone feel free to kick me in the balls next time you see me.

Quote:
I think it may be him.

EDIT: I posted up a comment without 100% proof therefor I'm editing my post. I'm sure I made a fool out of myself (isn't the first time and won't be the last), but I made a mistake and I'm owning up to it. I may have been wrong and I admit to the mistake.

Last edited by Hoosierdady; 10-25-2013 at 02:55 PM.
Hoosierdady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 10:32 AM   #72
Rock Crawler

As its been said its not Scaledustin. He runs homeless hobbies, not rc-recycler.
Kylar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 12:08 AM   #73
Quarry Creeper

I bought a chassis from rc-recycler on ebay. He worked on the price for me. I still felt I paid too much, but he was the only one who had what I wanted.
jollyjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 12:13 AM   #74
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jollyjeeper View Post
I bought a chassis from rc-recycler on ebay. He worked on the price for me. I still felt I paid too much, but he was the only one who had what I wanted.
Mind posting a pic? I'm curious.
fr8cture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 12:40 AM   #75
RCC Addict

I have to say ive seen some items a bit over priced but the prices are jacked up to pay for that "FREE SHIPPING" you get... Shipping doesn't care if something is new or not...No such thing as free shipping..lol
6sharky9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 04:24 PM   #76
RCC Addict

I bought some Axial metal yokes from him, $12.95 + $9.95 for shipping and got here in a week. That's a hell of a lot cheaper than I saw at any other online stores. Yeah, some stuff he has on there is pretty expensive, but there's also some pretty good deals too.
canadianbacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 08:26 PM   #77
RCC Addict

Score!
Attached Images

djjiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 01:05 AM   #78
RCC Addict

Just means he's out of stock and doesn't want to redo the page when he gets more in. Pretty common practice on Ebay.
SINister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 01:40 PM   #79
I wanna be Dave

$93 for ascender axles
Hope someone posts em cheaper.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
fr8cture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 06:40 PM   #80
Quarry Creeper

I was one of those people who saw Rc Recycler and thought "FCUK THIS IM OUT." People like him are damaging the hobby and the original concept of ebay as a whole, by grossly inflating prices and spamming listings. It's bad enough that you search "wraith roller" and you get 45 pages of shiny stickers from China at 29.95. Now all the dinguses with boxes of busted ass parts think they've got gold.

Proto Form 1/10 Scale Touring Car Body Mazda 6 Used

I can buy this body direct from Protoform for ten bucks less, NEW!
Derek Larsen is offline   Reply With Quote

RCC Official "RC-Recycler" is out of his damn mind thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nebraska Scale Crawlers Association "official business" organization thread... JavelinSST390 Nebraska 17 01-27-2009 08:14 PM