Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Tig welder

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2014, 09:05 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Question Tig welder

I am looking forward to buy a tig welder called AC DC 315P

What amazes me is that this same name is commonly used by manufacturers across the globe for the same type of machine.

Can anyone demystify why this machine has a common name? Is it possible that a single design was copied world over?
wings_of_fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2014, 12:30 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Tig welder

315 AMP (P)ulse

Never touched a welder before but a couple minutes on google and there you go.
SINister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 07:20 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Tig welder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SINister View Post
315 AMP (P)ulse

Never touched a welder before but a couple minutes on google and there you go.

Thank you

I am aware of the Amp rating and the pulsing of the welder. I have been using tig welders of 200 Amp for couple of years but this is the first time I need to use a high power welder as work demands it.
I should have explained it in detail in the first post

So the actual issue is that I contacted local manufacturers to find a suitable tig welder and it happened that every manufacturer quoted me the same machine having the same name. I was amazed being different manufacturers, they had similar machines. I am trying to know, why every manufacturer is stuck on 315 and why not 320 or 300 or 295 etc. I did not and do not want to purchase a chinese machine. Hence I looked at local manufacturers who can provide after sales service. But then I did a further research and found out that all chinese companies have the same machine in their production..AC DC 315P! That scared me because it indicated the Indian companies were importing chinese products and selling them under their brand. To prove it wrong I ended up on this European machine with the same name AC / DC S-DIGITAC 315P 2066

So hence I am puzzled as to why every manufacturer is stuck with 315 and why not any other number. Its as if the design is an industrial standard.
wings_of_fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 07:35 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

I don't think welding technology has change much over the years. It is a pretty straight forward concept.
But I would guess small welders (lunchbox welders) like your link, are quick and easy to mass produce. So there might be different factories making the same basic design, rebadged with slight tweeks. But at the end of the day, I just don't see the availability of options for a welder of that size coming into play.
doublej is offline   Reply With Quote

Tig welder - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tig welder choice Bogncrawl Tools, and Procedures 4 08-10-2013 10:52 AM
bought a tig welder iceman320 Tools, and Procedures 6 11-17-2011 06:32 PM
Best TIG Welder under $1000? country_crawler Tools, and Procedures 10 08-16-2011 05:32 PM
TIG welder... which one should I buy? bazur Tools, and Procedures 8 09-20-2010 12:06 PM
Tig welder Wicked_Jester Tools, and Procedures 8 07-31-2010 10:41 PM