Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Do you believe in God,Heaven or Hell?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2014, 09:16 PM   #41
Suck it up!

Default Re: Do you believe in God,Heaven or Hell?

Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2014, 09:20 PM   #42
I wanna be Dave

I'm a man of faith. I believe in the Holy Trinity.
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 09:26 PM   #43
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamaman View Post
This is something you will have to decide for yourself .I do . My wife teaches a wed. Night class at our church. There's a lot of these discussions like this on here . You can search for them and read them. I have taken part in one or two myself. There are a lot of members here on crawler that are nonbelievers . I am struggling with what to say here. I guess I will go with this , if there is an afterlife , a heaven and hell , I am not so sure that a toy truck chit chat fourm would be the BEST place to find aid in making an eternal decisions. Nothing but respect many incredible people in here, but chance of them bieng there when you pass away is prety slim. Church will not get you into Heaven. No churches will be there. Your good deads are as filthy rags. You cannot earn your way into heaven. Only your personal relationship with God can get you there. Every head will bow , every knee will bend. Faith. I hate how christians and churches have had the worst efects on God and salvation. Please do not base your eternal life on other people. If I have offended anyone I am truly sorry these are my believes and opinions.

Thanks for the speech but I said "YES" I believe in god and I didn't come on here to get anyone's decisions like a was seriously in doubt of the answer,I saw that video on YouTube and wanted to share it,he's basically the smartest man alive and found it very interesting how he doesn't believe in God,Heaven or Hell.

Some will bash me for this thread,some will make fun with it etc....it's all good,like I said,just wanted to see other peoples perspective on the topic

Thanks though for the talk
GREEDY GENIUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 10:06 PM   #44
Quarry Creeper

Worship the Sun. Live by right and wrong. That is all...
RiceBurner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 04:55 AM   #45
Quarry Creeper

I believe ..... but I don't judge those who don't , however I do pray for them.

Last edited by crazy nick; 03-02-2014 at 05:30 PM.
crazy nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 07:28 AM   #46
Jeep whore

" Tell people there is an invisible man in the sky who created the universe and everything in it, and the vast majority believe you."

"Tell them the paint is wet on the wall, and they have to touch it just to be sure".

George Carlin
scale4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 08:07 AM   #47
Rock Crawler

No i do not belive in any god, and i am not a member of the church of Denmark.

As history have proven religion is the root of all evil, and over time millions have died attacking or defending some religious belief.
Not counting Stalin or Hitler even tho ther political agendas was bordering religious levels.

I accept and acknowledge ppl who have a personal need for beliving in some god, but they should not force it on somebody elese, and therefor i allso have a broblem with Nations saying this or that relligion is our national religion.

Religion and affairs of state should not be mixed, but any man should practise what ever religion he want, but do so in private.

If i am going to hell,,,,,,, you are all comming with me
Peaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 08:27 AM   #48
RCC Addict

CrawlinMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 08:49 AM   #49
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREEDY GENIUS View Post
I saw that video on YouTube and wanted to share it,he's basically the smartest man alive and found it very interesting how he doesn't believe in God,Heaven or Hell.
There is more to the story there...he was called out by the scientific community for making that statement, and later retracted it. Science does not make claims about what is not known, but there are personal opinions and theories. What was in that video was Hawkings own personal opinion, not scientifically proven fact.

No one knows what happened before the BB, nor what caused it. You can believe that God made it happen, or that it made itself happen, or a million other things. There is no evidence pointing to any specific scenario at all...
Old 03-02-2014, 12:55 PM   #50
Quarry Creeper

So thoughts on global warming ?
alabamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 01:01 PM   #51
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
So thoughts on global warming ?
Another myth.
ROWDY RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 01:10 PM   #52
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
Afterlife? We won't know until it happens. Who will be there if it does? Won't know until it happens.
Then it will be too late.
The people you find at a toy truck forum are the same people you find in other places where you think you might find better instruction.
Not what I mea t, sorry. Eternal life is a big deal. Research a lot of outlets places find what suites you .
Good deeds are not enough on their own. Neither is praise and worship on its own. WWJD? Both.
Could not agree more.
Western religion has become perverted and twisted. Why help poor people in 3rd world countries when you can build a $5m megachurch? Now you know why the rest of the world hates us.
In part again I do agree. We have a large church building. Not compaired to some of the mega churches I got to see when I lived in texas.
We do have missions to other countries. We do send aid. We do support our troops and have local food give a ways each month. We buy Christmas for many kids locally .. much else. Please do not take this as bragging . I am mearly saying that some of those big churches do in fact do a lot to help people near and far . I also know they are there for me if I need help. Even though I attend a larger church it is like a family. Also awsome show of respect with your counter point. Class act .
Old 03-02-2014, 02:10 PM   #53
Quarry Creeper

Hey by the way I do also believe in bigfoot. Feel free to take all the shots you want at that.
Old 03-02-2014, 04:00 PM   #54
Quarry Creeper

Belief and knowing are two entirely different affirmations. You believe in bigfoot just as you believe in a god. Only difference is theres more proof of one than the other.

Believing is just like thinking, it leaves room for doubt. Come to think of it, Ive never heard any religious fanatical claim to 'know' there is a god, only that they 'believe' there is a god.
RANOVRU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 05:24 PM   #55
Suck it up!

Quote:
Then it will be too late.
We also won't know that until it happens.

Quote:
In part again I do agree. We have a large church building. Not compaired to some of the mega churches I got to see when I lived in texas.
We do have missions to other countries. We do send aid. We do support our troops and have local food give a ways each month. We buy Christmas for many kids locally .. much else. Please do not take this as bragging . I am mearly saying that some of those big churches do in fact do a lot to help people near and far . I also know they are there for me if I need help. Even though I attend a larger church it is like a family.
Most churches do help others, but that wasn't really the point.

Quote:
Also awsome show of respect with your counter point. Class act .
I like discussing religion and beliefs as long as they aren't troll fests.
Old 03-02-2014, 07:57 PM   #56
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANOVRU View Post
Belief and knowing are two entirely different affirmations. You believe in bigfoot just as you believe in a god. Only difference is theres more proof of one than the other.

Believing is just like thinking, it leaves room for doubt. Come to think of it, Ive never heard any religious fanatical claim to 'know' there is a god, only that they 'believe' there is a god.
Wait witch one ? Are you a bigfoot hunter ?

well I have but , to be fair I have met a ton of religious fanatics , but I try not to hold them against God.

I have faith that my two boys are mine.
my wife knows.
Old 03-02-2014, 10:21 PM   #57
KMS
Rock Crawler

My Friends where the rowdies ,,drug users ,,drinkers ,, fighters ,whore lovers ,, was party after party ,,Lost a few to car wrecks ,,drinking & driving,,,some to overdose..Seen lives ruined because they where taught there is no God,we evolved from monkeys
I believe in God and his son my Saviour ,I was made to believe after seeing some of my Friends ,,probably the worst cases and I was one,, being changed forever after receiving salvation and believing as Jesus as there Lord and Saviour
I seen heeling's ,, people's lives changing for the better ,family's being restored and that wasn't done by Darwin,I believe in the big bang but it took 7 days just like God Say's,,,Read his word it will change your life,,
He did what he has done for us out of love for us,Faith I didn't have but do now,,You are afraid he gonna take away your fun,,not true ,
KMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 02:29 AM   #58
Pebble Pounder

I was hard into drugs,stealing,drink,all of it.If god helped you then thats tops,but
i realised i was being a moron so i stopped.If it takes some people to believe in
god or whatever then kudos to them.

I'm of the opinion that i have no idea about any of this.I am happy with that and know
that it is fact.I like to believe there is something else but like i said i have no idea
and no direct intention of buying into a religion as far as i see,based on bullshit.

What annoys me is people thanking god for things like the hudson plane landing.Was it
amazing?yes? i would be more likely to thank the pilot,then god.

When people say shit like i'm lost or they will prey for me,don't bother.I appreciate
your concern for my lack of religious enlightenment but i'm sure i will be fine.I'm quite
happy with my subjective common sense.

As far as heaven and hell,who knows.Hopefully whoever i go has all the bad stuff
i used to do,and some.
thecrusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 05:44 AM   #59
Quarry Creeper

I believe in me and I believe in death.

Life is too short to be ignorant. I do not want to have that feeling in my last days that I lived on this earth like a mere mortal and that I could have done something worth for this world.

As far as god, heaven and hell goes, I was given a body made up of flesh and bones which is in its journey of life. When this journey is over I will have ample time for god, heaven and hell..

The people that believe in god, I respect your feelings.
wings_of_fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 10:05 AM   #60
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

well I have but , to be fair I have met a ton of religious fanatics , but I try not to hold them against God.

I have faith that my two boys are mine.
my wife knows.

My point was 'believing' in a god leaves room for doubt. Its no different than saying you think there is a god. You would think that religious folks that are sooo convicted wouldnt leave doubt in the equation. Of course, saying that you think there is a god is less loony sounding than actually claiming to know there is a god. However claiming to know would nullify such silly terms as 'belief' and 'faith', and conviction can often be impressive, even if misguided.

If you get a paternity test you will know. No need for faith there.
RANOVRU is offline   Reply With Quote

Do you believe in God,Heaven or Hell? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Heaven or Hell? ToddG General Crawlers 10 03-05-2012 11:58 AM
Love Wins: A Book About Heaven, Hell, and the Fate of Every Person Who Ever Lived Duuuuuuuude Chit Chat 29 06-28-2011 05:14 PM
Rock Heaven Red Rockcrawler Chit Chat 9 08-19-2006 08:53 PM
God giveth god taketh away lodikrawlingkiller Chit Chat 9 04-27-2005 01:20 PM