Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Do you believe in God,Heaven or Hell?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2014, 09:39 PM   #101
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Do you believe in God,Heaven or Hell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyh66 View Post
I came up with a theory a few months ago while discussing some of my dislikes for organized religion and the way women are treated/portrayed in them:

Considering that many of the original religions from around the world were focused on female deities and priestess... which gave women a place of power, I belive that the middle eastern Abrahamic religions (Judaism, Christianity, and Islam) were created as a way for men to have power over women/take power away from women.

Consider the spread of Christianity... they destroyed/converted all the Pagan religions and burned priestess as witches... and then put men (priest) in charge.

I mean, come on... the origin story in the Bible immediately cast women as evil temptresses that corrupt men. Thus, bringing on punishment for all of eternity.
There is no assurance that a women is good willed than any other human. And the same applies to men as well.

I have seen many women who are respectable as a mother, sister, friend and many other roles that they are in. On the other side, I have seen unhappy, cruel, shady women who will not shell out a bit of happiness. They will create havoc in a family to get what they want. The female black widow spider comes to my mind.

Women play mind games to get their will done. They use a mans strength against other men. Men understand each other well in business and friendship. When mind games get over the head, that is when men loose their patience and that's when the whining starts. Some men go silent while others hurt the women or go violent. I guess the early men understood women very well and took some measures. When life is mechanically hard like it was in the old days, people are quick to take decesions and they do not give a f..k about anything.

Women were naturally given great powers. A happy women makes a HOME. An unhappy women cannot and never will create a HOME.
wings_of_fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2014, 01:14 AM   #102
Pebble Pounder

I like driving past the church and having a perv at the trampy outfits.

Probably going to hell.
thecrusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 07:31 AM   #103
I wanna be Dave

Hmm... Evolution or religion?... new thread? do these two topics relate?

Its an opinion. And my opinion is that neither of these exist. How did we become, i dont know. I dont care. we are who we make ourselves. Religion was ruined for me.. As was theory of evolution.

If you have no time slip for your e.t. for the 1/4 drag how can i believ how fast you went at the strip?

The same concept applies to me... Proof.
CM9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 08:39 AM   #104
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawlingman9000 View Post
Hmm... Evolution or religion?... new thread? do these two topics relate?

Its an opinion. And my opinion is that neither of these exist. How did we become, i dont know. I dont care. we are who we make ourselves. Religion was ruined for me.. As was theory of evolution.

If you have no time slip for your e.t. for the 1/4 drag how can i believ how fast you went at the strip?

The same concept applies to me... Proof.
"ev·o·lu·tion /?ev?'lo oSH?n/

noun: 1. the process by which different kinds of living organisms are thought to have developed and diversified from earlier forms during the history of the earth.

2. the gradual development of something, esp. from a simple to a more complex form. "the forms of written languages undergo constant evolution" synonyms: development, advancement, growth, rise, progress, expansion, unfolding;"

One could argue semantics, but you are your own proof. The simple fact that one was born about a foot and a half long, then grown to near 6ft tall makes one walking objective evidence.
Meatwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 09:30 AM   #105
Quarry Creeper

HyperMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 10:11 AM   #106
Quarry Creeper

Default Do you believe in God,Heaven or Hell?

What's wrong with god and science coexisting, there are holes in both, why couldn't god (or higher power) have used intelligent design to start the process of evolution
Liv3mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 11:35 AM   #107
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liv3mind View Post
What's wrong with god and science coexisting, there are holes in both, why couldn't god (or higher power) have used intelligent design to start the process of evolution
Because evolution wasn't even a consideration on any level until somewhat recently, and it goes against what is taught in Genesis.

But for those that do not take the Bible literally, its possible.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 11:54 AM   #108
Quarry Creeper

Well the bible may be the word of god, but it's interpreted by man, and has been rewritten how many times? Trying to explain evolution to the 12 deciples would be like showing a lightbulb to a caveman and expecting them to understand. If you look at it from a different perspective the world could have been created in 7 days, on a different time scale, if god is eternal, 7 days to him could be billions of years. Time as we know it is a man made scale, we have no idea how time works in the universe, I mean we didn't even know about dark matter/energy until recently, the idea is that we are constantly evolving and learning and new discoveries happen every day, it's possible god intends for us to discover these things when our brains and minds have the capacity to somewhat understand them, or atleast form a hypothesis about them instead of calling it magic.
Old 03-07-2014, 12:02 PM   #109
Scale Detail Engineering

Quote:
Well the bible may be the word of god, but it's interpreted by man, and has been rewritten how many times? Trying to explain evolution to the 12 deciples would be like showing a lightbulb to a caveman and expecting them to understand. If you look at it from a different perspective the world could have been created in 7 days, on a different time scale, if god is eternal, 7 days to him could be billions of years. Time as we know it is a man made scale, we have no idea how time works in the universe, I mean we didn't even know about dark matter/energy until recently, the idea is that we are constantly evolving and learning and new discoveries happen every day, it's possible god intends for us to discover these things when our brains and minds have the capacity to somewhat understand them, or atleast form a hypothesis about them instead of calling it magic.
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 12:07 PM   #110
Quarry Creeper

Nice, that got me laughing
Old 03-07-2014, 02:29 PM   #111
Quarry Creeper

Like Dude said until recently evolution wasnt even in the christian vocabulary, and for most christians its still not. This recent backtracking made by christianity to accept certain things about science as a last resort just proves how ridiculous it is. Inevitably christians always end up falling back on faith, which 'cant be argued with' anyway.

I feel like if youre devout about a certain religion than you should follow it to a T. Live youre life and the rest of us will live ours. Unless youre religion is promoting WMDs, tyranny or social infliction than lets just live and let live, and move on with it.

But trying to mesh mythology with facts is beyond ludacris.

Last edited by RANOVRU; 03-07-2014 at 02:35 PM.
RANOVRU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 03:30 PM   #112
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANOVRU View Post
Like Dude said until recently evolution wasnt even in the christian vocabulary, and for most christians its still not. This recent backtracking made by christianity to accept certain things about science as a last resort just proves how ridiculous it is. Inevitably christians always end up falling back on faith, which 'cant be argued with' anyway.

I feel like if youre devout about a certain religion than you should follow it to a T. Live youre life and the rest of us will live ours. Unless youre religion is promoting WMDs, tyranny or social infliction than lets just live and let live, and move on with it.

But trying to mesh mythology with facts is beyond ludacris.

I would never impose my views on someone else, and no one should, that goes for science believers and religious fanatics both, but am more than open to debate. And I understand and agree that people who are devout to a certain religion should follow it to a T. But I see no problem nor do I see it as ludicrous for someone to believe in a god/gods and understand, follow, and agree with scientific fact. Which all facts started as unproven hypothesis or unproven theory, and someone had to have the conviction AND faith that they or someone else could figure it out and PROVE. Faith is belief and conviction to someone or something, this can include yourself or an idea, it is not a word reserved for god and religion (although unfortunately people use it as such) Everyone should live their lives and believe in what they see fit I could not agree with you more! But god is an idea, just like intelligent life somewhere else in the universe, and neither can be dismissed as impossible because "mainstream" Christians are insane about their faith and are unopened to new discoveries, like I said the bible was written by man, a long time ago, and it should not be taken as literal as it is, because it was written from views knowledge and explanations of the time. All of this of course is MY opinion, and I don't mean to offend, just sharing my ideas.
Old 03-07-2014, 03:32 PM   #113
Quarry Creeper

Maybe we should start a new thread lol "god, science, and is their room for both"
Old 03-07-2014, 03:59 PM   #114
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I would never impose my views on someone else, and no one should, that goes for science believers and religious fanatics both, but am more than open to debate. And I understand and agree that people who are devout to a certain religion should follow it to a T. But I see no problem nor do I see it as ludicrous for someone to believe in a god/gods and understand, follow, and agree with scientific fact. Which all facts started as unproven hypothesis or unproven theory, and someone had to have the conviction AND faith that they or someone else could figure it out and PROVE. Faith is belief and conviction to someone or something, this can include yourself or an idea, it is not a word reserved for god and religion (although unfortunately people use it as such) Everyone should live their lives and believe in what they see fit I could not agree with you more! But god is an idea, just like intelligent life somewhere else in the universe, and neither can be dismissed as impossible because "mainstream" Christians are insane about their faith and are unopened to new discoveries, like I said the bible was written by man, a long time ago, and it should not be taken as literal as it is, because it was written from views knowledge and explanations of the time. All of this of course is MY opinion, and I don't mean to offend, just sharing my ideas.

Being 'spiritual' and 'religious' are two different things. Spiritualists who are interested in science are one thing, but religious folks picking and choosing what schience they want to accept in order to try and prove a point are another.

Regardless, mythology and theology are not the same thing as science, so theres no need to try and combine them.
RANOVRU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 04:44 PM   #115
RCC Addict

ask me this in 2030 when we are revisited by the end of time. lol
Planet X passed us and devastated the planet thousands of years ago. From then it will come back at us, which brings us to approx 2030. Only this time it will hit us...

we will be brought to ascension on another plane of existance.
some believe we will have found away to defy the laws of forces and escape.

already we have super fluids, magnetic levitation, soforth...
maybe a path in the right direction?

we will see....
SwampDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 07:56 PM   #116
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampDawg View Post
ask me this in 2030 when we are revisited by the end of time. lol
Planet X passed us and devastated the planet thousands of years ago. From then it will come back at us, which brings us to approx 2030. Only this time it will hit us...

we will be brought to ascension on another plane of existance.
some believe we will have found away to defy the laws of forces and escape.

already we have super fluids, magnetic levitation, soforth...
maybe a path in the right direction?

we will see....
Planet X does not exist. There is nothing to show that it does apart from the ramblings of whackadoodle conspiracy theorists.
Old 03-07-2014, 08:08 PM   #117
Suck it up!

Quote:
Maybe we should start a new thread lol "god, science, and is their room for both"
Only if you cast aside any existing notions of God as described by most religions. Trying to correlate complete creation in 7 days with what science has determined will only make you work harder to make the 7 day scenario make sense.

God taking a rib from Adam to make Eve makes no more sense than Hephaestus splitting Zeus's head open so that Athena could pop out fully grown. Neither one is a very all-powerful creator kind of story...though an argument could be made for genetic manipulation/cloning with the taking of the rib...
Old 03-07-2014, 08:52 PM   #118
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
Planet X does not exist. There is nothing to show that it does apart from the ramblings of whackadoodle conspiracy theorists.

Whackdoodle hahaha

Like the bible then right?
Btw....who wrote it? Jesus, moses., soforth?

The bible is no more reality then planet x
SwampDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 09:52 PM   #119
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampDawg View Post
Whackdoodle hahaha

Like the bible then right?
Btw....who wrote it? Jesus, moses., soforth?

The bible is no more reality then planet x
True!...for all we know,the bible could've started out with "once upon a time,far far away...then by the time it got through everyone's hands the story was twisted!...just saying lol
GREEDY GENIUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 10:37 PM   #120
Pebble Pounder

There were actually many other people way back when who would've been able to verify all of this. I'm pretty sure that's what they would do anyways...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Seanycool is offline   Reply With Quote

Do you believe in God,Heaven or Hell? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Heaven or Hell? ToddG General Crawlers 10 03-05-2012 11:58 AM
Love Wins: A Book About Heaven, Hell, and the Fate of Every Person Who Ever Lived Duuuuuuuude Chit Chat 29 06-28-2011 05:14 PM
Rock Heaven Red Rockcrawler Chit Chat 9 08-19-2006 08:53 PM
God giveth god taketh away lodikrawlingkiller Chit Chat 9 04-27-2005 01:20 PM