Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: CO Crawlin Spot....school

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2006, 05:16 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default CO Crawlin Spot....school

Just thought I'd let the Colorado crawlers know.....

We got asked to leave the red rocks school crawlin spot today. This is where we just held a GTG/ Comp, and where we have been crawling on a regular basis(3 or more times a week) for the last 9 months. No cops involved, just told by one of the janitors that if we didn't leave that the principal would call the cops. We tried to talk to the principal, but she was conveniently in a meeting. We did talk to the janitor more and he told us that there has been a change in school policy and we would allowed there anymore.....we WILL talk to the principal about this one! For those of you who have been up there you know it is a good spot and we aren't hurting anything. The cops and sheriff have seen us up there many times and never said a thing( even at the last comp with 20 people up there).
tmyjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-2006, 05:25 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

My guess is that it has something to do with it being during the day when school is in. I don't know how many times you guys have crawled there during the school day before but I would say they probably get a little nervous when a few "shaddy" crawler dudes are looming around an elemetary school!
I really don't think we'll get run off on a Sunday (no janitor) but maybe someone should clear this up before we get booted on a comp day.
racerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 05:36 PM   #3
2006 2.2 National Champ

Of course, just like every other cool place we crawl.

Hopefully weekends will be ok. I'd try and talk to the principal and the police, the cops are always in that area.
BENDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 05:57 PM   #4
RCC Addict

I'm sure its because of the school shootings that they would not want us there during the week when children are there but i'm sure that there is'nt anyone there on the weekends. I think we all should put in on a cheap peice of rocky land
Sparky J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 05:59 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

We were there at 430, not during school at all. We have talked to them before and they were ok with us being there NOT during school hours. This is the first time we have been told to leave. We were told there was a change in school policy. I personally avoid that place during school hours....Nate(camotj) and Wes(bigtex) had been kicked out for being there during school hours before.
Old 11-08-2006, 06:00 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky J
I'm sure its because of the school shootings that they would not want us there during the week when children are there but i'm sure that there is'nt anyone there on the weekends. I think we all should put in on a cheap peice of rocky land
I know you are right about the school shootings thing.

BTW they have a cycle cross track in the same area now, I asked why they were allowed and the janitor said because they paid to use the land....oh yeah, there were people riding the track(which is right nest to the crawl spot) WHILE we were being kicked out!!

Last edited by tmyjeeper; 11-08-2006 at 06:12 PM.
Old 11-08-2006, 06:35 PM   #7
MODERHATER™

Man, that just ruined my day!
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 06:43 PM   #8
MODERHATER™

Quote:
I think we all should put in on a cheap peice of rocky land
Find it, i'll buy!
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 06:43 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

maybe the janitor was in a pissy mood. But definately talk to the principal. School hours I could understand completely. Is the school public or private? That will determine a lot right there...no harm no foul, they might just be covering their asses
NorCal 2500HD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 06:46 PM   #10
PapaGriz Yo

Quote:
I'll second that! or third.
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 07:30 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Never take a janitors word for what the 'rules' are. I know in my time as a custodian I came up with some stupid stuff to get kids to leave
slugzracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 07:35 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

During the weekends, schools are public property and paid for by "us", the tax payers, which means that we have a right to use the public property. I'm sure that many of you have played basketball or baseball on school property on Saturday or Sunday. This is no different. We should, legally, be able to crawl on this land. I'll make some phone calls tomorrow to try and confirm. Although, some cops might have their own opinions, that Sunday. We still should have a secondary spot in line, if we do get asked to leave. Either that........or........we can kill the principal, janitor and any cops that shows up.
Seriously......I'll look into it.
DirkDigler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 07:52 PM   #13
2006 2.2 National Champ

We had a sheriff sitting by our parked cars at the comp this past weekend. We were in site, and he never said a word. The sheriff even told tmyjeeper he could crawl at Red Rocks, but the park ranger says no. It would be nice to have confirmation. It sucks getting shut down on comp days.
BENDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 08:56 AM   #14
I wanna be Dave

I was planning on heading up maybe Sat. if the weather is'nt sh!tty. So if we don't have any more info by then I will see if I get booted off the rocks or not. I think the janitor was just throwin his weight around.........................TAKE Off all those damb keys and we'll see how tough you are buddy!
racerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 10:57 AM   #15
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkDigler
Either that........or........we can kill the principal, janitor and any cops that shows up.
Seriously......I'll look into it.

Gotta love a plan with multiple contingencies. Should I bring some plastic bags?
Coolhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 11:29 AM   #16