Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: moderator rule breaker

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2014, 04:46 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default moderator rule breaker

So I see a moderator breaking the rules (for personal gain) of the forum section that they moderate. Are they exempt from the rules that we all have to follow or should they be held to the same rules as all of us and suffer the same penalty that would be imposed on us?
THUNDER PRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2014, 04:53 AM   #2
Come and take them!®

Default Re: moderator rule breaker

Devulge more info, or we will be forced to waterboard you.
Hunter711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 05:07 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Well I am being a little carefull be cause I don't want to have a Target on my back but I think they should be held to the same rules .I also think they should no longer be allowed to be a moderator of the section that they have broken the rules in . Are they above the rules, you would think if they are a mod of a certain section they would know the rules and follow them,what do you guys think.
Old 04-13-2014, 05:37 AM   #4
MODERHATER™

I say wah! cry me a river.

Mods have a very thankless job here, many many many countless hours putting up with all kinds of crap, and do it for free. I think doing a simple bump in an add for an added perk is not going to hurt a thing.

And yes, you do have a target on your back now.
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 05:56 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

So what you are saying is,your status on here (mod or high posts) allow you to break they rules,and someone else (with lest posts or non mod ) has to follow the rules that an elite does not have to follow. Rules are the rules and should be followed by example.,the rules are set in place for a community to function fairly and grow.
Old 04-13-2014, 06:07 AM   #6
Fan of wheelspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter711 View Post
Devulge more info, or we will be forced to waterboard you.
It has begun

Quote:
Originally Posted by THUNDER PRO View Post
Well I am being a little carefull be cause I don't want to have a Target on my back
Starting a thread about it in the Chit Chat section is being careful?! This is going to get good .

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666 View Post
Mods have a very thankless job here, many many many countless hours putting up with all kinds of crap, and do it for free. I think doing a simple bump in an add for an added perk is not going to hurt a thing.

And yes, you do have a target on your back now.
I agree with both of these statements. When you monitor a several thousand users for nothing, there should be some sort of compensation/benefit for your time a diligence. And yes, I would imagine he has a very large neon target on his back now, lol
Hoosierdady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 06:13 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Just saying,those who enforce the rules should follow the rules as an example. Other wise be labeled as a hipocrit and how could they be fair in there moderation of there picticular section. Mods do have a tough job I agree,and they spend lots of time for free to do it I agree but they didn't become a mod by breaking the rules.
Old 04-13-2014, 06:14 AM   #8
RCC Addict

I have much I want to say about some mods but Im not paying to be here anyway so I don't care
6sharky9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 06:20 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

I'd rather have a target on my back and live with integrity than be a suck-up or hipocrit.
Old 04-13-2014, 06:31 AM   #10
Fan of wheelspeed

Quote:
Just saying,those who enforce the rules should follow the rules as an example. Other wise be labeled as a hipocrit and how could they be fair in there moderation of there picticular section. Mods do have a tough job I agree,and they spend lots of time for free to do it I agree but they didn't become a mod by breaking the rules.
I saw what you are referring to. And in my opinion is a far cry from something severe. If the guy wants to bump his for thread every couple of weeks so what. He is still following the rules that we as vendors have to follow by waiting a couple of weeks in between. It's not like he runs it to the top every day. Why should someone who monitors the site for NOTHING, who puts up with flagging, crying, newbs pissed because they're "nice truck" posts were deleted while wondering where the classifieds are...why should that guy not have the same privileges as the "top tier members"? By top tier I'm referring to gold, red and blue star members BTW. There are some rules which should be enforced. For example, if that particular mod (who is probably going to roast you on a stick ) were to give out your personal information as well as email address to companies who love to purchase that sort of thing, that would be a huge violation. But bumping his for sale thread once a week or two is not thread worthy. On the other hand, the lesson that is about to be taught here is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6sharky9 View Post
I have much I want to say about some mods but Im not paying to be here anyway so I don't care
You care or you wouldn't have thrown your $0.02 on the ground. Go ahead and say what you have to say. While we have the attention of every mod on this site, let's just get it all out . Let TP finish first and then it'll be your turn.

*puts on a poncho likes he's at the front row of a Gallagher show*
Hoosierdady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 06:34 AM   #11
RCC Addict

You did nothing wrong pointing it out Thunder..I noticed it to but ive had my run in with mods abusing powers before but in much worse ways...Just let it be and enjoy the info you can get on here for FREE.
Old 04-13-2014, 06:44 AM   #12
MODERHATER™

It's a for sale add man.....

Is your life that boring?
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 06:48 AM   #13
Come and take them!®

^While we are discussing rules and abusing your privileges

"SCX10 Honcho
SCX10 Rubicon Unlimited (4sale or partial trade for a CC01)"
Hunter711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 06:49 AM   #14
MODERATOR™

This is a good Sunday morning read.

What are, things that make me smile?
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 06:56 AM   #15
RCC Addict

Quote:
So I see a moderator breaking the rules....... Are they exempt from the rules that we all have to follow?......

Short answer:

Yes.

Long answer:

The Violator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 07:01 AM   #16
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter711 View Post
^While we are discussing rules and abusing your privileges

"SCX10 Honcho
SCX10 Rubicon Unlimited (4sale or partial trade for a CC01)"
since were being technical..If I was a mod would be ok?

In all honesty I don't give a crap about the for sale bump..not my concern...Just a question really.
Old 04-13-2014, 07:03 AM   #17
Hell's Gnome

Quote:
So what you are saying is,your status on here (mod or high posts) allow you to break they rules,and someone else (with lest posts or non mod ) has to follow the rules that an elite does not have to follow. Rules are the rules and should be followed by example.,the rules are set in place for a community to function fairly and grow.
Bottom line: This is not YOUR web site. This is a privately owned application that the public is allowed to use, so, yes, the owners and privileged can do what they dam well please. As it has been said before, if you don't like it, move along or you may be moved along.
LumTheMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 07:17 AM   #18
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
So I see a moderator breaking the rules (for personal gain) of the forum section that they moderate. Are they exempt from the rules that we all have to follow or should they be held to the same rules as all of us and suffer the same penalty that would be imposed on us?
From a practical point of view, we as forum users come and go everyday. We do it for our gain...ryt? we go to threads that we like and we do it for our own happiness. But for a Mod, they are doing a job which needs more than what we do...
If Mods are helping the website with their time and efforts without any financial gain, then they sure do deserve a lot more than a simple bump in a for sale thread.

We generally look at life from our point of view and our point of view always is partial to benefit ourselves. Its important to understand the situation from all sides.
wings_of_fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 07:20 AM   #19
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LumTheMad View Post
Bottom line: This is not YOUR web site. This is a privately owned application that the public is allowed to use, so, yes, the owners and privileged can do what they dam well please. As it has been said before, if you don't like it, move along or you may be moved along.

Actually the owner is jason ...Mods are people who volunteer time to moderate threads and enforce the rules..Just saying...Im a mod on a site myself and own 2 web sites so I know a little about criteria of modding a forum..How its run reflects whether or not the owners make more money with memberships or lose money from some not renewing because of things some mods shouldn't do or how they act..As big and as popular as this site is it should be a bit more professional in my opinion..But again im just speaking up but don't give a crap as im not a paying member nor ever will be from experiences ive had personally form some of the mods...But it is what it is..Im just here to learn and help when I can...But Thunder had all the rights in the world to speak his mind on the subject as anyone else that feels the same way and not be afraid of ban threat ( not that he was ) or become a target for people who kiss Rcc azz.

Last edited by 6sharky9; 04-13-2014 at 07:30 AM.
Old 04-13-2014, 07:32 AM   #20
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6sharky9 View Post
You did nothing wrong pointing it out Thunder..I noticed it to but ive had my run in with mods abusing powers before but in much worse ways...Just let it be and enjoy the info you can get on here for FREE.
Start your own Rcsharks.com forum . then you are the law .
hellbounder is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0h mommy they w, 0nt make it all about me, 2 gays 1 cup, 2 much time on my hands, 52 snarky posts in a day, crybaby, dinner and whine, get a life, gouging eyes out in 3-2-1, life isn't fair!, me me me, menstruation nation, mommy, on the spot dicespin, sand in the clit much?, sharks sure is a douche, sharky shut the fuk up, sharky thinks he's snarky, shut the fuk up donny, stinks like fish!, tissues 4 your issues, twat waffle, waste of time, why dont u go to rcsparks, worst thread

moderator rule breaker - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
n00b's "Breaker-Breaker" RC4WD Trail Finder 2 *Video 4-14* pardonmyn00b RC4WD Trail Finder 2 134 03-29-2013 04:16 PM
Breaker-Breaker Trail Finder 2 Finding Trails pardonmyn00b Scale Videos! 4 04-22-2012 03:36 PM