Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Is there seriously a weight limit on the new trail class?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2014, 12:08 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Is there seriously a weight limit on the new trail class?

Just asking because my class 2 scx based scaler wieghs 4.3lbs with winch, lights, sand ramps and 3 other scale accessories, and bumpers.

I am not adding 3/4 of a lb to my 1.9 scale truck to run against a wraith with 5.5" tall tires and a 12" stance.

Am I reading this right? Thanks
holycaveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2014, 12:41 AM   #2
Scale Detail Engineering

Default Re: Is there seriously a weight limit on the new trail class?

Where are you reading?
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 12:58 AM   #3
RCC Addict

These are the rules for 2014 that I've got. They are pre ECC so I don't know if there have been any changes. - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...xk4A9wZnw/edit

The min weight is 5lbs.

Personally the weight requirement doesn't matter to me but the wb and tw limits are kinda lame.
SINister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 01:18 AM   #4
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SINister View Post
These are the rules for 2014 that I've got. They are pre ECC so I don't know if there have been any changes. - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...xk4A9wZnw/edit

The min weight is 5lbs.

Personally the weight requirement doesn't matter to me but the wb and tw limits are kinda lame.
Especially when they combine wraiths, with scx's. Then put a minimum of 16"gates. Its like they just want everyone to run a wraith. With gates that wide what advantage does a scx have? None with the weight minimum also. Not only does your scx have to be narrow, it has to weigh a lot. LOL

I have a very capable scaler. Was thinking about going to worlds. But my class 2 legal scale truck seems to not be legal for a trail class yet have dig and rear steer.

If they are trying to attract drivers back into comp. It seems to be a weird way of doing it. Why take away the only two advantages a lesser truck has?

Last edited by holycaveman; 07-26-2014 at 01:24 AM.
Old 07-26-2014, 01:24 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyh66 View Post
Where are you reading?
New comp class, not scale class.
Old 07-26-2014, 01:42 AM   #6
RCC Addict

What is funny is poor scaler dude with scx with small 1.9 tires will be in the tech line with these huge wraiths with dig and rear steer, not to mention the universal mod. All scaler dude did was remove his spare tire and bought a small battery. Finally gets to tech and he is disqualified for being too light.

LMAO
Old 07-26-2014, 01:47 AM   #7
RCC Addict

If there was not one, they will surely add one. Killing the sport one rule at a time.
The Violator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 01:53 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

I hate rules and regulations in scalers. Its something that comes out of creativity and it should be free to flow and not for the sake of someone giving out points.
wings_of_fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 07:50 AM   #9
~THE SCALE SHOP~

no weight minimum in SORRCA rules, the original and official scale rule set.
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 07:57 AM   #10
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Violator View Post
If there was not one, they will surely add one. Killing the sport one rule at a time.
True words. I used to crawl way back during rccrawlers first year. It was much more enjoyable back then. Few simple rules, you drove and had a good time. I recent have drifted over to scale because comp crawler rules and bickering was ruining it for me. Now even with scale trucks sorcca(whatever) is making scale more of a Hassel with endless rules.

So I thought with this new trail class maybe I can run my scale class 2 truck at the HH worlds? I mean the add said (bring your scale truck) or something like that. Start readimg the rules and yep, can't run it.

We have really taken the fun out of it. I am not buying another truck just to run a certain class where the one I have should be perfectly lacking and legal compared to a wraith with dig or 4ws.
Old 07-26-2014, 08:00 AM   #11
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS View Post
no weight minimum in SORRCA rules, the original and official scale rule set.
Sorry I should have said it more clearly. Its a new comp crawler class(trail class). And give SORRCA time, that minimum weight limit will be implemented.
Old 07-26-2014, 09:31 AM   #12
RCC Addict

You know 50% of the rules could be tossed out the window right now. They are worthless. And they translate into two words to the noob. NO FUN!

Fishmaxx I caught was trying to implement a rwb attitude in clubs. And this needs done. Not just for noobs but across the board. Its no secret that comp crawlers are dying. Rules and regs are the number one problem.

Who cares if someone has 7" tall tires. Who cares if their wb is 14". Who cares if they are 13" wide. None of this means crap. Who cares how heavy or light it is, how wide the body is, etc....
Building a truck with
With your own idea what will work is most of the attraction. Throw all the rules at the builder and he or she is too limited and it becomes a pain, and no fun. People don't usually run 6" tires because they don't work. Some new guy has 7" tires then let him run, he will figure it out. Do not set a 6" tire rule, that is stupid, the course will dictate what works and what does not.

So who cares about all these rules?
I will tell you who does. The idiots that think every truck needs to be the same as theirs. The ones that think they lost because someone had an advantage over them instead of their crappy driving.

Been in it long enough to know the course dictates the truck. 16" wide gates are too wide. Set them at 14" or 13".

What a few years ago Austin Dunn won the super class with a 2.2. Right then 50% of the rules should have been thrown out.

Want to attract new people to comp crawling? Throw out the rules, start from scratch and make it fun.

Few simple rules can take care of almost everything, courses will take care of the rest. The fact that you have to take a test to be a judge explains everything, including why this sport is dying.

Last edited by holycaveman; 07-26-2014 at 09:38 AM.
Old 07-26-2014, 10:18 AM   #13
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

The trail class will soon have changes, 1.9 and 2.2 rim sizes won't be in the same scoring together and the measuring system will get a simplification. Keep in mind the trail class is new and the rules aren't set in stone.

The weight limit was put in place to even the playing field. I think it is brilliant really, although possibly premature for a startup class that could have crossover to Class2.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 10:30 AM   #14
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
The trail class will soon have changes, 1.9 and 2.2 rim sizes won't be in the same scoring together and the measuring system will get a simplification. Keep in mind the trail class is new and the rules aren't set in stone.

The weight limit was put in place to even the playing field. I think it is brilliant really, although possibly premature for a startup class that could have crossover to Class2.
Yes I think its a great idea. But if they start in with a bunch of rules and regs it will be dead before it gets going.

A stock scx10 with A smaller battery is under 5lbs without even removing the spare.

I was wanting to take the trip to worlds to run my scx. You know its working great @ 4.3lbs with wraith interior, winch, and lights. I am not going to add almost a lb then re do everything. Time is limited now days. Just making the trip takes enough time in itself. If I can't run my class 2 legal scale truck then I am not really interested.

I really don't mind combined classes. I will run against any wraith or larger truck even with the super wide 16" gates. But start limiting my weight etc..... then you start limiting the fun to be creative with what you have.

No Biggy, just have to keep it fun.

Last edited by holycaveman; 07-26-2014 at 10:35 AM.
Old 07-26-2014, 10:36 AM   #15
~THE SCALE SHOP~

Quote:
Originally Posted by holycaveman View Post
Sorry I should have said it more clearly. Its a new comp crawler class(trail class). And give SORRCA time, that minimum weight limit will be implemented.

Im a SORRCA rule committee member. and we have never discussed a weight limit/min. never even been brought up.

our scale points do a great job of balancing the performance advantages of the lexan lightweight rigs
Old 07-26-2014, 10:50 AM   #16
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS View Post
Im a SORRCA rule committee member. and we have never discussed a weight limit/min. never even been brought up.

our scale points do a great job of balancing the performance advantages of the lexan lightweight rigs
You know I just lost 1st place at King of gurus because of scale points. I had only 13, and the three guys ahead of me had 30+. Otherwise I would have won. So you know I got thinking. I should have lost. Its a scale event. I think the more scale you have your truck the more points you should have deducted. And I am completely fine with it. And I would not be against even more of a gap between scale rigs.

But comp crawling ruins it with limiting the fun as a builder with too many regulations that really don't mean anything. And you don't have to hear it from me, just look at the turnouts for comp crawling events.
Old 07-26-2014, 10:59 AM   #17
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Change is coming, don't work yourself up too much

USRCCA under new ownership
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 11:19 AM   #18
Suck it up!

Bodyless shafties ftw.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 11:41 AM   #19
RCC Addict

I don't think the pro classes are declining because of the rules it's just a lot easier and cheaper to get into a scale rig. I also hear a lot of people say the attitude and drama is a turn off to them. You can't really control the type of people that show up but you can control the leader in the club who goes a long way in dictating the expectations of the club. We got lucky and found a great guy to run ETRC and his positive attitude trickles down to the other drivers.
SINister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 11:52 AM   #20
~THE SCALE SHOP~

Quote:
Originally Posted by holycaveman View Post
You know I just lost 1st place at King of gurus because of scale points. I had only 13, and the three guys ahead of me had 30+. Otherwise I would have won. So you know I got thinking. I should have lost. Its a scale event. I think the more scale you have your truck the more points you should have deducted. And I am completely fine with it. And I would not be against even more of a gap between scale rigs.

But comp crawling ruins it with limiting the fun as a builder with too many regulations that really don't mean anything. And you don't have to hear it from me, just look at the turnouts for comp crawling events.
sounds like your on the right page see you on the rocks sometime

Tags
committee making it worse, know when 2 stfu, one man show now, rowdy is qweer, sand in many vaginas, the more rules the better, useless bantering, violator is a dumbass

Is there seriously a weight limit on the new trail class? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Trail class comp March 22 Trail class discussion now M_ENERGY South Carolina 122 03-23-2014 09:26 PM
Practical Scale Weight Limit Fastball 2.2 Scale Rigs 6 01-20-2010 10:21 AM
super class clod weight joesbruiser Tamiya Clod Buster 12 02-23-2007 08:32 PM