Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: An idea....to help those with pets in need

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2014, 04:17 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default An idea....to help those with pets in need

Id like to get some wide spectrum opinions and hopefully added insight and advice or more from everyone here.

Driven by personal experience and loss I came up with an idea for a foundation for financial assistance to those who have pets with medical needs but cannot afford the cost.

The premise is that vets all over the nation would join by membership and offer a discount of service or supplies to those making application for help. The vet makes a determination of illness or need and makes application to the foundation for assistance for the animal. The animal owner would provide a financial affidavit and a request for help through the vet who would then apply to the foundation. The need could be for a simple procedure or maybe just a months worth of meds or maybe a major medical service like surgery. The applicants name would then be added to a list of persons who did or didnt receive help and then flagged for review of further assistance is asked for later.

So what do you guys think? Ideas? Suggestions? Comments?

Last edited by rmdesignworks; 07-27-2014 at 04:30 PM.
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2014, 04:47 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: An idea....to help those with pets in need

I can already see people who would take advantage of this service. There are a LOT of people out there who can't afford to have pets, yet they do. Pets aren't exactly cheap to have...between food, treats, medical care, paying to have someone watch them if you're on vacation, pet health insurance. I believe anyone who sells or adopts out pets should get financials from those who want a pet. IMO, they should really have that for people, but they don't.
Johnnysplits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 05:01 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnysplits View Post
I can already see people who would take advantage of this service. There are a LOT of people out there who can't afford to have pets, yet they do. Pets aren't exactly cheap to have...between food, treats, medical care, paying to have someone watch them if you're on vacation, pet health insurance. I believe anyone who sells or adopts out pets should get financials from those who want a pet. IMO, they should really have that for people, but they don't.
I agree to a point...My wife and I are watching our tabby cat...a part of the family for 14 year suffer from a mass under her tongue...shes in pain and cannot eat...we are waiting for the biopsy to come back to find out if the mass is cancer or not then proceed. We know that if its some massive surgery undertaking it will cost a lot and we cannot afford it and will have her put down. It kills both of us. We are both working and were making good money...she just took a pay cut and I just had my first full work week last week in lieu of a major government contract starting up. My dog got sick back a few years ago right during a lay off and no vet would even examine him. Theres no way to put something like this together without people trying to take advantage....thats why strict rules would have to be in place for the vets and the animal owners to use the system.
Old 07-27-2014, 05:24 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

The vets around here already have a care credit type of system in place.

Not that it matters to me. I love my dog but I'm not willing to go into debt to keep him alive. Cancer? Sorry Hilux, time to go to the big playground in the sky once your quality of life goes down.
WHITE-TRASH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 06:11 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
The vets around here already have a care credit type of system in place.

Not that it matters to me. I love my dog but I'm not willing to go into debt to keep him alive. Cancer? Sorry Hilux, time to go to the big playground in the sky once your quality of life goes down.
Yeah we have a care credit kind of thing here too....but not everything can be paid for from a credit limit of a few hundred bucks. Im not going to sacrifice my family for a pet either....and honestly...Ill hit a dog and 30-40 mph to keep from wrecking my car worse or maybe killing someone else. But if I ad the option to ask for a financial medical grant of sorts to save my animals life then hell yeah Id ask for it. But...on the flip side...the moment I had any extra money at all Id donate it back to the fund.
Old 07-27-2014, 07:19 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdesignworks View Post
I agree to a point...My wife and I are watching our tabby cat...a part of the family for 14 year suffer from a mass under her tongue...shes in pain and cannot eat...we are waiting for the biopsy to come back to find out if the mass is cancer or not then proceed. We know that if its some massive surgery undertaking it will cost a lot and we cannot afford it and will have her put down. It kills both of us. We are both working and were making good money...she just took a pay cut and I just had my first full work week last week in lieu of a major government contract starting up. My dog got sick back a few years ago right during a lay off and no vet would even examine him. Theres no way to put something like this together without people trying to take advantage....thats why strict rules would have to be in place for the vets and the animal owners to use the system.
Damn that's sad. Sorry to hear about that.
Johnnysplits is offline   Reply With Quote

An idea....to help those with pets in need - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
post pics of your pets aftershock1 Chit Chat 390 01-05-2023 04:58 PM
Looking For Plastic Pets. REDDEATH Scale Accessories 30 08-09-2011 08:15 AM
Reptile and Exotic pets Shoei1 Chit Chat 7 07-16-2011 12:28 AM
Weird Pets juststartin Chit Chat 36 07-03-2009 03:39 PM
Moab + Pets?? WheelChair Chit Chat 6 08-11-2007 03:03 AM