Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: NHRA U.S. Nationals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2014, 08:14 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default NHRA U.S. Nationals

Any drag racing fans here? The big go this weekend!

John Force won the Traxxas shootout and $100,000

It is cool that Traxxas is involved in NHRA, in a big way too!

I've been to Joliet a couple times and Brainerd many, times. I WILL get to Indy within the next few years! There really is nothing like literally feeling the earth shake when the nitro cars do a burnout...That is F'n HORSEPOWER!
R/CMaxximus5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-2014, 07:51 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: NHRA U.S. Nationals

Drag racing fan and racer right here!!!
Brought my fiancé to joliet last year for her first time,just so she can see the top fuels........she loves them.
Im not knockin the NHRA,because they are the ones made drag racing mainstream for us drag nuts,but I get more into the series guys like US can afford to get into.we were in a nitrous outlaw series and my buddys car was supposed to be running around 7.10-ish but he switched to a different program and we just couldnt get the tune right.we'll give it a cracl again next year
gearhead79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 09:10 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by R/CMaxximus5.0 View Post
It is cool that Traxxas is involved in NHRA, in a big way too!
It's too bad that their drag cars were a flop...good looking, but never took off.
Johnnysplits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 10:15 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead79 View Post
Drag racing fan and racer right here!!!
Brought my fiancé to joliet last year for her first time,just so she can see the top fuels........she loves them.
Im not knockin the NHRA,because they are the ones made drag racing mainstream for us drag nuts,but I get more into the series guys like US can afford to get into.we were in a nitrous outlaw series and my buddys car was supposed to be running around 7.10-ish but he switched to a different program and we just couldnt get the tune right.we'll give it a cracl again next year
a 7 sec ride is one damn fast car! I'm a fan of it all, NHRA, IHRA, local/regional racing & tracks... I've also been to Da Grove, Rock Falls, and WIR (I'm 10min down the road) I'd like to get to Cordova too. I had a 12sec Fox body I ran @ WIR for a few years, I'd like to build another car someday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnysplits View Post
It's too bad that their drag cars were a flop...good looking, but never took off.
Agreed, but I still want one. & speaking of good looking Courtney Force....MMMMM

Last edited by R/CMaxximus5.0; 09-01-2014 at 10:18 AM.
Old 09-01-2014, 11:13 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

I went yesterday, had a blast, got sun burnt, face full of nitro, and a used head gasket from the sarge. Good day!

Sent from the drivers seat of scx10
b00st3d-vr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 04:27 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
a 7 sec ride is one damn fast car! I'm a fan of it all, NHRA, IHRA, local/regional racing & tracks... I've also been to Da Grove, Rock Falls, and WIR (I'm 10min down the road) I'd like to get to Cordova too. I had a 12sec Fox body I ran @ WIR for a few years, I'd like to build another car someday...

Agreed, but I still want one. & speaking of good looking Courtney Force....MMMMM
Thats sweet dude!!!!! Maybe one day we'll bump into eachother at a track.we r usually at the grove,but we've ran at us41(no limit raceway),byron,and joliet but I havent been to cordova yet either.
Judging by the 5.0 in your name I take it you had a hatch or a notchIm the only guy without a mustang in our group but Id trade my olds g-body in heartbeat for a clean notch!!!!!!!! The one shop we all hangout at was in the true street series in the 7.20 cap and my bud's car that should be in the 7's is kinda done for right now,I dont know what he's doing with it,then we have another dude with a turbo notch that is just 600 hp of stupid fun and a mod motor 98 cobra making just a tick under 1000hp is street driven and could be a daily driver!!! No track time on that car yet though
gearhead79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 05:02 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead79 View Post
Thats sweet dude!!!!! Maybe one day we'll bump into eachother at a track.we r usually at the grove,but we've ran at us41(no limit raceway),byron,and joliet but I havent been to cordova yet either.
Judging by the 5.0 in your name I take it you had a hatch or a notchIm the only guy without a mustang in our group but Id trade my olds g-body in heartbeat for a clean notch!!!!!!!! The one shop we all hangout at was in the true street series in the 7.20 cap and my bud's car that should be in the 7's is kinda done for right now,I dont know what he's doing with it,then we have another dude with a turbo notch that is just 600 hp of stupid fun and a mod motor 98 cobra making just a tick under 1000hp is street driven and could be a daily driver!!! No track time on that car yet though
It was a GT hatch, it was actually the first car I ever drove... I bought it from my cousin who bought it new in '89, 17 years later I bought it. he let me drive it a few times when I was 15... I still miss it, sad to let it go but times were tough...

I'm a Ford guy for the most part but I love G-bodies, My first car was a '79 cutlass with a POS 260V8, then I got a '82 cutlass with a 307, ran that out of coolant...(dumbass 16yr old kid I was) and put a small block chevy in it...

I'd like to get to Byron too...
Old 09-01-2014, 06:46 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
speaking of good looking Courtney Force....MMMMM
Absolutely MMMMMM!!!!!!!!
Johnnysplits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 07:06 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Drag fan, racer, and sponsor of a few rigs / drivers from NMRA, IHRA, IDRC, NHRA and on. I've personally moved on from drag for the most part and am moving back to my roots of solo and autocross etc. I still enjoy the hell out of any type of racing and would jump in a car no questions asked but prefer multiple turns in all directions...

But I must agree there's nothing like being thrown into your seat by an 9-10 second car...

-Dan
sickcivic95 is offline   Reply With Quote

NHRA U.S. Nationals - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
4 Wide NHRA Drag Racing! Szczerba Chit Chat 7 03-28-2010 08:39 PM
Finally some drama at NHRA hbj069 Chit Chat 13 09-08-2009 09:41 PM
Nhra las vegas nationals savageracer312 Chit Chat 0 11-02-2006 10:18 PM
NHRA in Colorado Red Rockcrawler Chit Chat 0 07-16-2006 12:08 AM