Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: best 2015 sportscar for the money?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2014, 07:40 AM   #1

Default best 2015 sportscar for the money?

Alittle chit chat on best 2015 sports car for the money. After numerous magazine articles my opinion would be the Z06 Corvette. I know there's some problems now but they will be fixed. But for 80k and over 200 mph top speed - no brainer.
chrisrzz1012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-2014, 08:43 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: best 2015 sportscar for the money?

Im gonna get a lot of bashing because of this but...............dodge hellcat challenger 707HP for around $60,000.no its not really a sports car and it might not handle like a sports car but I bet it can hold its own.SEVEN HUNDRED AND SEVEN H.P.!!!!!!!

As far as a real sports car
2013-2014subaru wrx hatchback. Awsome little cars
gearhead79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 12:27 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead79 View Post
Im gonna get a lot of bashing because of this but...............dodge hellcat challenger 707HP for around $60,000.no its not really a sports car and it might not handle like a sports car but I bet it can hold its own.SEVEN HUNDRED AND SEVEN H.P.!!!!!!!

As far as a real sports car
2013-2014subaru wrx hatchback. Awsome little cars
Well, so far as daily driver sports cars, those would be pretty damned good choices. A 707 (or so ) horse monster that can be daily driven, or an AWD family wagon..........that happens to be hairdried and can have the wick turn up a few notches to make some very good power
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 12:40 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJoe View Post
Well, so far as daily driver sports cars, those would be pretty damned good choices. A 707 (or so ) horse monster that can be daily driven, or an AWD family wagon..........that happens to be hairdried and can have the wick turn up a few notches to make some very good power
11's on the stock tires......10.80's on a drag radial plus all the creature comforts!!!
Old 09-25-2014, 01:09 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
11's on the stock tires......10.80's on a drag radial plus all the creature comforts!!!

I'd have to do most of my driving on "Valet Mode", I sometimes have a hard time behaving myself in my 200 with a little less than 300hp, double that and then add my Jeep's hp on top of that in one vehicle that is about as suttle as an A-Bomb test..............I'd be licensless in no time
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 01:17 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Best for the money is whatever you build. Any schmuck can whip out their credit score and buy performance. It takes a love for the game to build it to your specs. A good bit of money can be saved that way if you're careful with your decisions.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 02:00 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

Are we talking about something flashy or some that makes you smile having a blast for a flashy car I'd pick the camaro but if I was going to spend my money. I'd buy a miata. Best bang for the buck cheap thrills car.
puddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 02:15 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Mine. Cuz it's about all I can afford and it still buzzes around great.
CrawlinMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 03:43 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
Best for the money is whatever you build. Any schmuck can whip out their credit score and buy performance. It takes a love for the game to build it to your specs. A good bit of money can be saved that way if you're careful with your decisions.
I will agree with ya 1000% on that I juat figured he was talking something new.

I know he said sports cars, but me and a bud built a 9 second fox body mustang on spray and we drove that thing everywhere!!!!! We went to meet his brother at a nissan dealership to look at a used car.this was when the GTR's first came out,so there was a brand spankin new one sitting there.we asked the dude how much,guy said something like 85,000.we kinda snikered then he got all dealer on us and started throwing specs at us like it was the end all be all car!!!! We just looked at him and asked 85,000??? We just built a stang that'll go 9's for under 10,000!!!! That ended the conversation quick I know a 9 second stang and GTR are like apples to oranges but we built a car just as fun for a fraction of that

If I was to buy new.....hellcat!!!!
If I was to build.......something different,maybe tube chassis pinto,or datsun 510 or whatever off the wall car I could find
Old 09-25-2014, 07:51 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawlinMike View Post
Mine. Cuz it's about all I can afford and it still buzzes around great.
I don't think people know. All the options you have with them. They respond great to turbos or super chargers. The suspension options are endless and of you want to you can slam a LS motor in them with some effort. They are the poor man's sports car.
puddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 05:37 AM   #11
I wanna be Dave

OP: The best sports car, bang for the buck to handle the majority of motorsports, is going to the be Corvette. Yes its expensive, but the level of performance you get (1/4 mile to cornering) you will be hard pressed to find everything in 1 package. I'm no Corvette fan, but its just the truth about the car.

Quote:
Any schmuck can whip out their credit score and buy performance. It takes a love for the game to build it to your specs. A good bit of money can be saved that way if you're careful with your decisions.
Or you can spend as much or more building a weirdo creation just because you want to. You built a truck autox'er - for what you have into it, you could have a civic or miata that would walk around it all day, likely with money left over. I built a WRX for DD and autox, I could have spent way less and done better, but I like my build and car.

To each their own. Be they wanting to buy used/new or build. If you really want to be frugal and get a good car, your best option will always be buying a used car that was built by someone else (who's good at it). Lower entry cost, nearly no additional cost, just time to learn to drive.

Quote:
We just built a stang that'll go 9's for under 10,000!!!! That ended the conversation quick I know a 9 second stang and GTR are like apples to oranges but we built a car just as fun for a fraction of that
Go find 1 corner, the GTR will make your 9 second car look like a rotten kiwi.

Building a car to go forward in a straight line is boring. Corners is where real fun lies, and tells you how fast and sporty your car is. IMO a drag car is barely a car, it's not able to easily and comfortably drive you to work. A good sports car will handle racing and Daily Driving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puddin View Post
They are the poor GAY man's sports car.
Fixed it for you, you forgot a word. Really though, they look bad, but you are right, they do well stock or modded, and right now plenty of them cheap since the BRZ and FR-S became their new replacements for the last 2 years at tracks and auto-x's.
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 06:01 AM   #12
RCC Addict

Oh great. Barely 7 am and I'm being called a poor gay man for a car I drive. "Flipoff"
CrawlinMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 09:56 AM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryterror View Post
Or you can spend as much or more building a weirdo creation just because you want to. You built a truck autox'er - for what you have into it, you could have a civic or miata that would walk around it all day, likely with money left over. I built a WRX for DD and autox, I could have spent way less and done better, but I like my build and car.
I'm still under $2000 from purchase to where its at now. I know the caliber of miata or civic that can be had for that cash and I want no part in those shit boxes.

Quote:
Oh great. Barely 7 am and I'm being called a poor gay man for a car I drive. "Flipoff"

I'm sure he didn't mean it and even if he did how should he know the status of your finances?
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 10:54 AM   #14
MODERATOR™

Quote:
and even if he did how should he know the status of your finances?

2014 Best Driver's Car Bonus: First-Gen Mazda MX-5 Miata, Porsche 918 Spyder - Motor Trend
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 11:13 AM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryterror View Post
OP: Go find 1 corner, the GTR will make your 9 second car look like a rotten kiwi.

Building a car to go forward in a straight line is boring. Corners is where real fun lies, and tells you how fast and sporty your car is. IMO a drag car is barely a car, it's not able to easily and comfortably drive you to work. A good sports car will handle racing and Daily Driving.
Understood 1000% thats why I said both cars were like apples and oranges,but with all do respect and for the sake of bench racing (I guarantee that every one of our cars) find a straight away and we'll make any GTR or alot of twisty turny style cars look like a VW hippy van (no disrespect to those who like those!!!!! Ive seen alot of cool ones) and about the whole daily driver deal,one car makes over 1000hp and could be daily driven if it didnt have kirkey seats,we drive it with the parachute and wing on it,and another is a true daily driver/drag car.10pt cage,drag radials,skinny front runners,ridiculous stock block turbo motor.we drive it everywhere,and extremely comfortably too and then make lots of money with it.
we can go back and forth for days about what makes a good race car but at the end of the day its all about fun!!!! Hell,look at WHITE-TRASH'S PICKUP!!! its about the last thing you'd see at a track but he's having a blast with it,and not doing half bad with it,thats the kind of perfect all around vehicle!!! but like I said its truely apples and oranges!!!!! Theres twisty cars that will make us look like "rotten kiwi's",and we have drag cars that make most look like hippy vans.as long as the vehicle is good at what its designed for then its all good with me!!!!! Thats why I love cars,drag cars,sports cars,low slow cars,anything!!!!!!!! Pretty much anything with a motor

And I'll agree with ya on the vette thing,they pretty much are the best bang for your buck

Last edited by gearhead79; 09-26-2014 at 11:15 AM.
Old 09-26-2014, 11:41 AM   #16
2013 2.2P Nat. Champion

I'd take the Vette over the HellPuss due to my love of steering.

J
SkaldidDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 12:12 PM   #17
MODERATOR™

I'd take the Chevy over the Mopar just because. And GM took my shares with their bailout bullshit, so I wouldn't buy either one! (f) in their general direction!
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 02:00 PM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I didn't say poor, just gay. "Flipoff"

Hard to beat the price and what fun can be had though in all honesty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EeePee View Post
I'd take the Chevy over the Mopar just because. And GM took my shares with their bailout bullshit, so I wouldn't buy either one! (f) in their general direction!
So you go buy a new Honda NSX.
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 03:34 PM   #19

i havent driven anything 2015, but if i got super rich all the sudden one of the first cars id buy and flog the f out of would be a gtr.
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 04:37 PM   #20
Rock Crawler

I'm really digging the little Alfa Romeo 4C.
Yeah I know, not nearly part of the herd and
not cheap, but looks like it would be fun as hell to drive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Nx1cflU92I

Crank is offline   Reply With Quote

best 2015 sportscar for the money? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RC Rock Crawling clubs JohnRobHolmes WRCCA Clubs 50 05-17-2017 02:25 PM
2015 dates? nappahdog Scale Nationals 4 12-03-2014 02:21 PM
2015 Mustang losikid Chit Chat 68 12-16-2013 10:04 PM