RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/)
-   -   PC Sim Racing (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/509967-pc-sim-racing.html)

STANG KILLA SS 08-29-2016 01:17 PM

Re: PC Sim Racing

i never did, knowing AC was coming out tommorrow, i knew you wouldnt be touching dirt for a bit. :D

anything over 8gm ram is a waste. even for high end gaming.
to save cost go to 8gb max. and in several smaller sticks to shave cost

also check out toms hardware. TOOOONS of real work unbias perfomance tests. everything from coolers to vid cards.

hpiguy 08-29-2016 01:41 PM

Possibly, but I doubt it, as I really enjoy the game. With the working hand brake, it's even more fun than it already was. It and Pcars get about an equal 50/50 split from me.

I'll check that out for sure. I had some of the PC gaming nerds (not a slight, I make a living as a nerd :mrgreen:) look it over also, and they all said it's good to go. Could likely get by with a 4Gb graphics card, but highly considering a Rift or Vive down the road so I want full VR support.

STANG KILLA SS 08-31-2016 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hpiguy (Post 5556352)
Cory, you ever pick us a Dirt Rally challenge for the week?

Also, can you PC guys look over my build list please. Anything you'd change, or that just jumps out at you, by all means, criticism and advice is not only welcome but requested.

Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB D5 6G, CASE-V01 ATX Mid Tower - System Build - PCPartPicker

looks like these are nearly dead ringers to what you built
FRYS.com*|*CyberPower PC

FRYS.com*|*CyberPower PC

hpiguy 08-31-2016 10:00 AM

They are, problem is that now it's a bit out of my budget, and I'm looking at picking this up this weekend while I'm in GA to get me gaming with you guys, I can always upgrade down the road if I want / need to.

FRYS.com*|*Asus

STANG KILLA SS 08-31-2016 10:14 AM

they had another computer with a GTX745 4gb for an extra $100
so i looked it up on several benchmark test sites, and compared the GTX950 2GB to it, and believe it or not the 950 2gb out performed the 745 4gb in all tests. by alot.
which is why i searched comparos for every component i bought.

hpiguy 08-31-2016 10:43 AM

Yeah, the GTX 950 ran Pcars (which is known to be demanding) with everything on ultra settings, and in the rain at over 50fps on a 1080P display, which is what I'll be on. I think it'll be just fine for quite some time for me.

hpiguy 08-31-2016 11:06 PM

Found an even better deal, new PC ordered!

hpiguy 09-01-2016 03:00 PM

Picked up Asseto Corsa last week while it was on sale + all the DLC, and just now bought Spintires and iRacing with a one month sub till I see if it's for me or not.

STANG KILLA SS 09-04-2016 07:35 AM

did the 5 oclock GT3/Blancpain race yesterday. chose the R8. there were 101 drivers. 30 or 40 minute race i think it was.
started 19, raced my way up to 12th once, and got up to 3rd place once with pit strategy. Ended up finishing 15th which i was happy with.

however on lap 11 i had a bit of an incident.
just curious to yalls thoughts as to who is at fault. he wasnt happy with me.

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hp4ZLP5skTI?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

it actually didnt end up costing me any positions and i got away with it somehow. but it did ruin his race, and the race of 2 innocent bystanders.

thoughts?

Tommy R 09-04-2016 12:16 PM

Lots of variables here.... I noticed a few things going on there and my opinion could change based on several things, such as: Were y'all racing for position? Were you near the closing lap(s) of the race?

On the lap before the wreck it seemed like he was faster and you were either trying to break his draft (which is fine) or you were trying to block him a bit (which is less fine). But on the front straight it did seem like you were pushing a little far to the right and since he had a run on you and had already committed to the right and likely running out of room to get back onto the track, he had to try to turn in at some point, which resulted in the big wreck.

He was wrong (IMO) to assume you'd move to your left and let him back on track. He should've backed off and tucked back in line.

You were wrong (IMO) to have him go that far to the right side of the track because it looked like you were blocking, if I'm honest. I would've just let him go and live to fight another day. :)

And I'm not sure if the 2 cars behind y'all were for position, but letting the white car by may have helped you stay ahead of them because defending like that no doubt slowed up your times.

Not casting stones! We've all done stuff like this, but without knowing more details of the situation, this was my take on it. Now let's run some laps tonight!! "thumbsup"

STANG KILLA SS 09-04-2016 08:43 PM

true. i tried to be predictable. if youll notice on the previous lap, he was always faster in the straight, i was faster in the corner. i would always commit to the inside lane early and make him try to go around the out side. i was attempting to do the same here, but he was alot closer so it looked like blocking.

yes it was for position. about 30% into the race.

i do fell i made my "break the draft and move to the inside line" move with him to close/too late. my mistake.

but if you look close after i realized he was going right i actually start to go back left to give him a bit of room (watch the white line)

i think the wreck was actually caused by him though. he turned into me (white line for reference) there was room for both of us to drive to the corner side by side. he would have had the corner.

either way he typed a big to do about me blocking and taking people out.

also im LOVING the new dynamic track particles. if someone goes off track and brings dust and gravel on track, even if your a lap behind them, when you go threw that spot you hear gravel hitting your floor pans, and kick dust up. you can see it at 1:19 and 2:15, thats so cool

hpiguy 09-06-2016 06:32 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/F4GzMCzd2IU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

STANG KILLA SS 09-06-2016 02:15 PM

holy s#it :shock:

check out the full article with videos here
ISRTV Exclusive - Wil

http://www.isrtv.com/wp-content/uplo...7-1200x664.jpg

http://www.isrtv.com/wp-content/uplo...43-968x545.jpg

hpiguy 09-06-2016 04:37 PM

Wow!

STANG KILLA SS 09-07-2016 04:23 PM

hey tommy, check this out. its new.
free from what i understand, but micro transaction based if you want to get into it. like World of Tanks etc.

Peak Angle: Drift Online

http://www.peakangle.com/media/2014/...eenshot_54.jpg

hpiguy 09-08-2016 07:35 AM

PC is out for delivery! You guys up for some laps with the noob tonight on AC? :mrgreen:

Tommy R 09-08-2016 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS (Post 5560123)
hey tommy, check this out. its new.
free from what i understand, but micro transaction based if you want to get into it. like World of Tanks etc.

Cory, I'll have to look into that! Could be fun! But my time has been pretty limited lately. Been working on all kinds of stuff and getting ready for two upcoming trips.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hpiguy (Post 5560401)
PC is out for delivery! You guys up for some laps with the noob tonight on AC? :mrgreen:

Hell yeah!!

Unfortunately, I'll be out tonight and through the weekend. Maybe Sunday evening??

I tried LeMans last night in the Corvette. The Vette is always a challenge, but it was SO much fun. Can't wait to do some mixed class endurance racing there!

hpiguy 09-08-2016 06:23 PM

Well the PC showed up today, and so far it feels eerily similar to the first night with the XB1. Meaning, shit has been doing updates and various Microsloth bullshit forever. At this rate, I might make the next round of iRacing next week. :flipoff:

EDIT: Also, was upstairs in the office when it rebooted from the first round of updates. Wheel was still connected, and when it started calibrating I almost shit my pants wondering what the hell was going on downstairs. LOL

Anyway, here's the specs, and a poser shot

Asus G11

Core i5 6400
8Gb DDR4 2133mhz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 4GB GDDR5
1Tb 7200RPM drive

http://i.imgur.com/Ir47TI6.jpg

hpiguy 09-08-2016 07:28 PM

Well, I got Spintires downloaded and installed. Went to play it, mouse pointer disappears in full screen mode. Tried all the tricks I could find via Google / steam / ovee, none of them worked, have to run it in windowed mode. Not only that, but the TH8A shifter can't be mapped if you want to use your wheel. Yes, you can use the JoytoKey to remap things, but you lose FFB. So you guys with sim rigs, how did you set yours up?

hpiguy 09-09-2016 06:49 AM

Fiddled around for hours with spin tires last night, finally got to play just a bit but the game has all kinds of issues, at least on my system. I'm going to delete it when I get home, and re download it and see if it fixes my issues. What time I got to play it, it was really fun.