Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: PC Sim Racing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2016, 08:28 AM   #341
~THE SCALE SHOP~

Default Re: PC Sim Racing

well i guess my Audi on the hood incident got me a protest.
Got this email. not sure what it means. it doesnt mention any sort of suspension or loss of licence or Safety rating or anything. hopefully its just a verbal slap on the wrist.

Quote:
Dear Cory Mitchell ,
I'm writing to inform you of the outcome of the protest filed against you on 9/8/2016 2:34 PM

After reviewing all of the available information we do find the accusations of intentional contact are accurate. We respectfully ask going forward that you do not intentionally wreck another driver while on the service, under any circumstance. Our goal is to simply try and avoid this situation in the future. Your understanding in this matter is greatly appreciated.

For future reference, the protest has been assigned the following identification numbers:

Case #: CAS-96453-X1D6T5

Session ID #: https://members.iracing.com/membersite/member/EventResult.do?subsessionid=17621218

Sporting Code Section:6.10.3. - Intentional or Retaliatory Wrecking

I apologize for the formality of this notice, but experience has shown an orderly process like this is the best way to resolve the issues that occasionally arise in the heat of competition.

On behalf of iRacing, best of luck in your future races!

Regards,
Race Steward's Office
iRacing.com

STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-2016, 09:08 AM   #342
Quarry Creeper

So I've went back and watched your video multiple times. Ignoring all other behavior leading up to the actual crash, the cause of the crash was him turning left straight into the side of your car, you held your line. And yet, you still get a violation? f.uck that guy. If that's how iRacing is run, it's not gonna be my thing I can tell you that right now. I have zero patience for candy ass whiners and the everybody should win a blue ribbon regardless of where you placed mentality. I guess if my driving sucks, I can just whine to the right people and it will all be OK.

Last edited by hpiguy; 09-09-2016 at 09:13 AM.
hpiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 10:16 AM   #343
~THE SCALE SHOP~

well weve been racing on it for 2-3 years now and never had this happen.

you will like iRacing. there SR system really promotes clean racing.

also i think there is a chance this is actually for an incident that happened the next day. there were two guys going into the chicane at monza side by side. i hit my normal brake point and was pacing behind them. well right at the apex since they were side by side they slamed on there brakes and i hit one of them which dominoes into the other one spinnnig them both off into the kitty litter. i was already threshhold braking and couldnt brake anymore for the unexpected apex brake check. they mentioned they were gonna report me. i said i was sorry but they were hot. and rightfully so. i rear ended them ending there race.

the email doesnt mention any sort of action was taken. nothing shows up when i log in either. i dont have the software loaded here at work to actually try to enter a practice.
Old 09-09-2016, 10:21 AM   #344
Quarry Creeper

Eh, maybe I'm just in a shit mood since literally nothing has went right with the new PC. Not even basic stuff thanks to Windows 10 being a shite OS. I'd like to punch the lead developer in the balls, with bean bag rounds from a 12 gauge, repeatedly.
Old 09-09-2016, 10:25 AM   #345
~THE SCALE SHOP~

amen. i stayed Win 7 for a reason. been flawless for me. i know Tommy has had Win10 issues as well.
Old 09-09-2016, 11:14 AM   #346
Rock Crawler

I'm not a sim racing guy (although starting to heavily consider a rig) but I've been racing and watching motorsports my whole life. That video shows nothing but that other guy turning into you and you holding your line. Can't see how that was your fault at all. You had the line to the corner well established and he tried to make a cut inside that didn't work out. He should've yielded to your line and waited for the next chance...
ElChupacabra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 04:08 PM   #347
Quarry Creeper

Well I came home today, and used the cache check feature in Steam and apparently Spintires didn't download everything it needed. It's running fine for now, and I'm really glad you talked me into it Cory, it's hella fun! Got iRacing and AC downloaded also. So I'll be exploring some PC gaming over the weekend. Did the SweetFX mod for Spintires too, if you guys haven't done it, it's really pretty! Works in MP too. Now if you'll excuse me, I have a load of logs to get delivered to Siberia.
Old 09-09-2016, 11:22 PM   #348
Quarry Creeper

So, little update. I'm happy to report that tonight everything was rock solid, I had no issues with any games I ran. Here are my initial impressions being a console guy.

HOLY SHIT!

Assetto Corsa - Some of you know I have this on the XB1 also. You can't even compare the two, not at all. They should legally be required to call the console version Assetto Minus. So many more options it's not even funny. With the GTX 970 I can run a combo of Ultra / High and get 1920 x 1080p @60Hz and average around 60fps, and the game looks great. It also feels completely different from the console version as well, I think I can learn to drift in this one. Big thumbs up, did a couple mods so far as well. Some worked, some didn't. But the option to have them is HUGE.

iRacing - Very different format from anything I am used to. Graphically, it's a turd, I'm not gonna sugar coat it. BUT, the driving feel is really good. Not sure which I prefer vs AC, but I'm gonna stick with it for a while and really get a feel for it before turning any laps with others. It's that different to me.

Spintires - Ran flawlessly tonight. Also did the SweetFX mod for graphics, and it looks pretty good as well. Had a lot more fun that I thought I would virtual wheelin'

Xbox, what's an Xbox? I could not be happier to be on the dark side!
Old 09-11-2016, 12:09 PM   #349
Quarry Creeper

Purchased Dirt Rally for the PC today. Also, for anyone who hasn't yet discovered them, CDkeys.com is awesome.
Old 09-11-2016, 04:24 PM   #350
~THE SCALE SHOP~

yep iracing graphics are dated.
but the physics are format/community are industry leading. the deeper you get into it, but bigger the difference youll see and like.
theres a reason its #1.

also ffb/car setup make a huge difference too.
Old 09-11-2016, 05:05 PM   #351
~THE SCALE SHOP~

we gotta try this
Spin Tires NEW Rock Traction Fix Mod | TC9700Gaming
Old 09-11-2016, 07:13 PM   #352
Rock Crawler

Been looking at gaming rigs the last 3 days. Trying to join you guys asap. I have a buddy with a racing rig and I tried it with DiRT Rally a few weeks ago. Ran Pike's Peak and it made me an immediate fanboy. I love the DiRT series on console long before that. Currently playing Forza and PCars on XB1.
ElChupacabra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 07:40 PM   #353
Quarry Creeper

^^SWEET!! I love me some Dirt Rally also.

Cory, Tommy and Steve, what cars are you guys running most on iRacing? I'm willing to buy some cars, but would rather buy a pack to save cash. Looking at the BMW Z4 GT3 as I love that car in both Pcars and AC, other recommendations?
Old 09-11-2016, 08:37 PM   #354
~THE SCALE SHOP~

to be honest start with just the Audi R8. its the main car we run. then work on tracks as the weeks go by, just pickup whatever track you need. however there are discounts for 3 items (10% off) and 6 items (20% off)
we dont drive the Z4 or Mclaren at all anymore. and sadly they removed the 911(our old favorite car) from the GT3 series(renamed/sponsored Blancpain series now)

we also run the C6R and CTSVR but they are both free included cars.

im also a huge fan of the Corvette DP, but it has pretty much no following. the upside to this is it pretty much garantees us to be put in the same race together. otherwise in larger groups (like GT3) you are paired with other drivers of your SR and iR ratings, not with your freinds.

but im not sure if you can run those cars yet with your SR rating. learn about the SR rating. its how you move up fast. i would just start every race in the pits and be super clean and was able to get my licences really fast. however you can only level up like once a week i think it is.
the SR rating (safety rating) is how clean you are. you start the race with 17 available "incidents"(17x) every time you touch the grass (1x) lose control (2x) or contact with another car(4x) you loose points off your 17. and also points off your SR rating. this rating stays with you forever. so it pays to be clean.

there are no packs in iRacing. again iRacing is a whole nother ball game. everything is done totally different.

Last edited by STANG KILLA SS; 09-11-2016 at 08:41 PM.
Old 09-12-2016, 07:33 AM   #355
Quarry Creeper

It's definitely different, that's for sure. So far, I'm having a really hard time adjusting. But I'm sure a lot of that is coming from a console, and the locked down system they have. I see the benefits for sure, but it's a drastic change from what I'm used to, and is really going to take me making the time and just slogging through some of the stuff to get going.

I'll pick up the R8 just to have, I enjoy that one in Pcars too.

When you go through the Rookie series, how long till you have to start buying tracks? Seems like this shit could get expensive quick at $15 a pop.

Looks like next week before I can get going on my Rookie series, so that gives me this week to turn some laps and get a better feel for things. I did get my headset working last night though.

Last edited by hpiguy; 09-12-2016 at 07:40 AM.
Old 09-12-2016, 08:55 AM   #356
~THE SCALE SHOP~

it depends on the week. sometimes they will be at included free tracks, sometimes at DLC tracks. once you get them though, your good to go. but yes having to start from scratch is a bit of big bite to break off at once. since they only come out with a new track every 6 months or so its not too bad for us once you have the majority.

i dont have a few tracks. and that week i just find another series to run that is at a track i do have.

to be honest the cheapest way would be too look at the GT3(blancpain) schedule, pick out the 6 tracks you dont have (or 5 if you buy the audi at the same time) and take advantage of the 20% off for 6 items.
it will be more lump sum, but save you dough.

let me know what cars your running in rookie series, and i can share my wheel setup/ffb since were on the same wheel
hopefully you dont have to drive the new miata. it sucks IMO. its like the diff Decell is set to parking brake.
now the old miata was awesome. SO many good door to door races with steve in that.

Last edited by STANG KILLA SS; 09-12-2016 at 09:00 AM.
Old 09-12-2016, 09:17 AM   #357
Quarry Creeper

Feck, I've spent a retarded amount of money only to come full circle back to racing those shit box Miatas.

Yeah, the site is down right now, but once they post the new schedule for the start of the new series, I'll see what I need and go from there. I'll let you know about wheel settings too, thanks Cory.

EDIT: Also scored Project Cars on humble bundle for $10. So I got Dirt Rally and Pcars both for $37!

Last edited by hpiguy; 09-12-2016 at 11:26 AM.
Old 09-12-2016, 12:24 PM   #358
~THE SCALE SHOP~

lol omg what a horrible first iRacing experience. those cars suck. and you know i like racing miatas. but those new ones in iRacing are horrible IMO. well just the off throttle snap spins. the rest was fine from what i remember but i only gave them a few laps before banishing it forever.
Old 09-12-2016, 09:37 PM   #359
Quarry Creeper

Had a blast tonight fellas, thanks for the laps!
Old 09-13-2016, 07:13 AM   #360
Quarry Creeper

Now that I have Dirt Rally on the PC, Cory I think it was your turn to pick an event for the week was it not?

PC Sim Racing - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PROJECT CARS sim game slowlearner Chit Chat 14 08-07-2013 11:51 AM
Any sim racers on here? Hellbilly Chit Chat 30 07-10-2008 10:12 AM
Flight Sim in Google Earth SlinkySam Chit Chat 2 09-03-2007 02:02 PM
rock crawling sim or game? Thorsteenster Chit Chat 2 11-20-2006 10:10 PM