Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: PC Sim Racing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2016, 07:38 AM   #361
~THE SCALE SHOP~

Default Re: PC Sim Racing

that was fun. was glad to see they fixed the miata for the most part. and the caddys were a ton of fun surprisingly on that track.

ok ill come up with something. ive got a car in mind, need to find a track.
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2016, 12:23 PM   #362
~THE SCALE SHOP~

did yall get this email?

this cant be real..

Quote:
Race the 1989 Audi 90 GTO car on iRacing
With its Quattro AWD technology and 700+ horsepower (530 kW) turbocharged five cylinder engine, the legendary Audio 90 GTO scorched a path across the 1989 IMSA GTO Series.
Now you too can experience the same breathtaking performance that powered Hans Stuck and Hurley Haywood to seven wins and five one-two finishes from Summit Point to Sears Point (aka Sonoma) and from Lime Rock to Laguna.

Click here to learn more about the Audi 90 GTO . . . and stay tuned for another big surprise same time, same station next Tuesday (1pm EDT/ 17:00 GMT September 20th).

Old 09-13-2016, 12:27 PM   #363
~THE SCALE SHOP~

looks like it might be
ingame footage starts at 9:15

manual shift + AWD + boost...this could be epic

Old 09-13-2016, 01:09 PM   #364
Quarry Creeper

Pcars has the '90 version, I've played around with it a bit, very forgiving and fun.

Also, I'm gonna have to take out a damn loan to play iRacing with you farkers.

So I guess the R8, this one, and the Corvette DP for my inital purchases? Then pick three tracks, Monza, Spa, and you guys help pick the other so I get the 20% off. Nordschleiffe maybe just for multiplayer goofing?

I already have the 24hr LeMans course.

Last edited by hpiguy; 09-13-2016 at 01:20 PM.
hpiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 01:24 PM   #365
~THE SCALE SHOP~

i cant believe they kept it a secret for a year, they always post teasers and "coming soon" bs promotions. this is just so unlike iRacing, thats why i thought it was fake.
also being an older car i dont see how they can make money off sponsorships etc. that seems to be the direction iRacing is going in the last year. all series are now sponsored by a company/name.

again for tracks i would check the schedule for the GT3/Blancpain series. thats the main tracks you will need.

go to: find official races>current series>B class Blancpain sprint series>schedule
Old 09-13-2016, 01:48 PM   #366
Quarry Creeper

Yeah, all of those (well, not sure about which Nurburgring they use) are in that series. It's just cheaper to buy some cars / tracks at the same time to get the deal. No hurry on it though, as I have to run all the Rookie stuff and get my race licenses first before being eligible for the other stuff.

Also, just realized the Audi is FREE using code PR-AUDI90!!

EDIT: Dammit, it's only for new members. They're doing DirecTV type shit now. LOL

Last edited by hpiguy; 09-13-2016 at 01:53 PM.
Old 09-13-2016, 05:38 PM   #367
I wanna be Dave

OMG, I'm so excited about this Audi!!
Tommy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 05:44 PM   #368
I wanna be Dave

And now I'm just hoping and praying it'll be accompanied by a bunch of other late '80s Trans Am cars. Oh to dream!!!
Old 09-13-2016, 08:31 PM   #369
Quarry Creeper

^^YES!!

I know that all of you have Assetto Corsa. If you're unhappy with the FFB, try the following mods / utilities, made a big difference for me. The first two convert the default FFB to linear, aka iRacing style. The last will allow you to tune the FFB per car, or you can set it to auto and let it do it's thing with three varying levels of FFB strength.

Wheelcheck
LUTgenerator
FFBclip
Old 09-13-2016, 08:53 PM   #370
~THE SCALE SHOP~

they mentioned this is the begining of another big announcement, i think on the 17th
Old 09-14-2016, 09:06 AM   #371
~THE SCALE SHOP~

my man Digiprost already has a vid up
Old 09-14-2016, 01:28 PM   #372
~THE SCALE SHOP~

Audi first 5 laps impressions

-first thing I noticed coming into the bus stop at Watkins Glen. NO ABS period correct.

-doesn't track well. this is two things I think the AWD (fine steering inputs actually move the car because front wheels are driven) and the car has no toe in stock front and rear are set to 0.

-that blow off valve!

-manual shift is so awesome. Tommy you better get yours fixed!

-slight Understeer. this is pretty typical of AWD cars I think. but im not worried. car is tuned completely stock. tire pressures, ARB, etc can cure this.

-the ability to slam WOT just before the apex and rocket out of the corner with zero wheel spin is addicting as shit I found myself even powersliding exits a few times. this is going to make for some killer racing I think. and you can drop to a lower gear like 2nd and punch it out of corners, instead of having to feather out in 3rd in rwd cars.

-you can change the center diff rear drive split. stock is 70% max is 85%

-love the analog dash, switches and gauges. old school!

-over all I think its going to be a big win. really likeing the car even stock. now I was at Watkins glen. fast flowing corners. on a tight hairpin track it may not be as good. or with the AWD it could be awesome, once the minor understeer is tuned out. I would recomend
Old 09-14-2016, 01:37 PM   #373
I wanna be Dave

Just got back in town and tried it out at Monza in a hosted session. I agree with you on all counts! I don't have an operable clutch so it bounces the rev limited pretty bad on upshifts...and even when I lift-shift it'll hit the limiter.

But it's so fun! Let's definitely plan on running some laps tonight. Blitz may be up for joining us, too!
Old 09-14-2016, 01:43 PM   #374
~THE SCALE SHOP~

tommy set the car to auto clutch (instead of auto blip) until you can get your clutch fixed

also i wasnt able to find a series that this car runs in. so i hope i just missed it and this isnt some sort of exibition vehicle or something. maybe the upcoming announcement on the 17th has something to do with it.
Old 09-15-2016, 06:52 AM   #375
Quarry Creeper

So you guys would say the car is worth the purchase?

Wonder if they're going to announce an 80's ISMA / Trans Am throw back series?

I was exhausted last night, might be up for some laps tonight, or some spintires.
Old 09-15-2016, 07:44 AM   #376
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS View Post
tommy set the car to auto clutch (instead of auto blip) until you can get your clutch fixed

also i wasnt able to find a series that this car runs in. so i hope i just missed it and this isnt some sort of exibition vehicle or something. maybe the upcoming announcement on the 17th has something to do with it.
I did, but it didn't make a difference. Still need to lift-shift and even then it bounces the limited pretty badly.

And no, I've not seen any series for this car, either. I thought they would've at least set up a practice online for us to run on, but nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpiguy View Post
So you guys would say the car is worth the purchase?

Wonder if they're going to announce an 80's ISMA / Trans Am throw back series?

I was exhausted last night, might be up for some laps tonight, or some spintires.
The car is fun, but pushes on corner entry awfully bad. But it needs a downside if it's going to (presumably) compete against RWD cars. I'd wait to decide on buying it until the announcement on Tuesday. Let's see if they announce a GTO or Trans Am type series or something. That's what I'm hoping for!
Old 09-15-2016, 08:19 AM   #377
Quarry Creeper

I wouldn't buy it now anyway, but would just add it to my running list. I signed up for the Global Mazda MX-5 Cup so I can start working on my licenses. I have until Tuesday to get in Summit Point, or take that as one of my 3 drop weeks.

Also, just to be clear, finishing standings are nowhere near as important as maintaining my safety rating, correct?

The Rift will be here tomorrow, very anxious to see if it's a help or hindrance. I don't plan on leaving the house all weekend.
Old 09-15-2016, 08:48 AM   #378
~THE SCALE SHOP~

correct, the ONLY thing that matters for your licenses is your SR rating and staying clean. thats why i started from pits (dont click green "grid" button and you will start from pits)
remember you will be racing other rookie drivers, so they wont have the discipline yet to stay clean. ie turn one pile up and getting rammed from behind etc.

i should finally be home tonight and would be down for anything. did yall get on last night?

keep us posted on the Rift Randy. i watched the ISRTV review of the rift and apparently the pixelated graphics i was seeing has an official name "screen door effect" thats pretty accurate discription. i bet the experience is awesome though.
Old 09-15-2016, 09:15 AM   #379
Quarry Creeper

Good deal, thanks for the tips Cory. My only goal for now, (well actually it's always been my goal in any game) is to be a clean racer. Speed and racecraft will come in time.

I didn't get on last night, I was wiped out, actually fell asleep while my buddy was playing Spintires LOL. Had to go in really early yesterday morning.

The SDE (screen door effect) is supposedly mostly gone in the CV1, and you can use the Oculus SDK to crank up the pixel density, which fixes a lot of issues that people seem to have with it. Also seems to depend on how it fits you, your eyes, etc. We're all different at the end of the day. But fit and taking the time to really mess with how it sits on your face from what I've read makes a huge difference. But, we'll see. I'm thinking it will likely be like my first sessions under FPV googles, graphically they were very underwhelming, but after a few sessions you forget all about that due to the immersion factor. Hopefully this will be the same, and I'll definitely keep you guys posted.
Old 09-16-2016, 10:43 AM   #380
Quarry Creeper

Welp, it's here...

PC Sim Racing - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PROJECT CARS sim game slowlearner Chit Chat 14 08-07-2013 11:51 AM
Any sim racers on here? Hellbilly Chit Chat 30 07-10-2008 10:12 AM
Flight Sim in Google Earth SlinkySam Chit Chat 2 09-03-2007 02:02 PM
rock crawling sim or game? Thorsteenster Chit Chat 2 11-20-2006 10:10 PM