Notices

Thread: PC Sim Racing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2016, 08:31 AM   #461
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: PC Sim Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by C*H*U*D View Post
I just got an email from iRacing about their discounts for renewing. Hmm...I do miss it.
Do it! I joined iRacing when it started, took a sim racing hiatus for several years, but sold my onroad racing stuff 2 years ago to build a gaming PC and got back into iRacing. Have been having an absolute blast! We get the go-fast fun and competition with iRacing, but we also have a ton of fun crawling with Spin Tires. It's a ton of fun!
Tommy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2016, 10:37 AM   #462
Quarry Creeper

hpiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 04:03 PM   #463
~THE SCALE SHOP~

i know Randy will be the first to rush out and by these.
Microsoft announces a VR headset for $299 | PC Gamer
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 05:37 PM   #464
Quarry Creeper

^^Yep, you all know how much I love Microshit. Them comparing a concept (and it's pricing) to consumer gear that's been available to purchase for the past six months just sums them up as a whole.
Old 10-29-2016, 02:06 PM   #465
~THE SCALE SHOP~

spent the last 3 days researching headsets. wanted wired, easy 1 hand/no eyes muting, and under $60
one set that kept coming up in all the top 10 lists was the HyperX Cloud Stingers. had best amazon rating too. I went with it. you simply rotate the mic boom to vertical to mute. volume slider is also on the cup, no inline controls.

https://www.amazon.com/HyperX-Stinge...+cloud+stinger
Old 10-30-2016, 09:54 PM   #466
Quarry Creeper

^^Those look pretty sweet Cory.

I tried all the stuff I was eligible for this week, and hated most all of it. After a bunch of laps tonight, and my usual brake balance tweak to 52%, I felt good enough in the RUF at Suzuka (thanks to a lot of laps there with you guys, I knew where I'd have issues, and I was right). I haven't raced at all this week, so I needed at least one to not feel like a total lazy ass LOL. For that car, I'm happy with my results.

Old 10-31-2016, 08:46 AM   #467
~THE SCALE SHOP~

nice! dont get lazy like us! your constant racing, has motivated all of us to get online alot more. id like to see that stay. were were getting on like once a week or two before you joined :(
Old 10-31-2016, 11:30 AM   #468
Quarry Creeper

Cory, even this week though I haven't done much actual racing, I think we turned laps on three different days. I don't plan to get lazy about that, as I really enjoy just hanging out and turning laps with all of you. Now, Spintires on the other hand, I truly suck at. LOL

Soon as I get my C class (hopefully this week, I'm at 3.86 right now), it's on like Donkey Kong to get my B class so we can do some team events this winter!!
Old 10-31-2016, 09:02 PM   #469
Quarry Creeper

Alright iRacing, now you're just fu@^ing with me. The Skippy at the Glen is money!

Old 11-01-2016, 08:43 PM   #470
Quarry Creeper

I've upgraded my setup, again. Picked up a 32" display, and an articulated VESA mount which now has the display floating just behind the wheel base. I also got the X Sim software up and running. iRacing, Assetto Corsa, Dirt Rally, Project Cars and a few others all output a telemetry feed to an extractor, which in turn feeds the collector. Long story short, rather than my bass shaker just being bass, it now recreates what you'd feel in the real car, curbs, sequential shift clunks, bumps, dips, etc, and this was the plan all along as I knew about the software when I bought it. Unfortunately, the little Lecrap amp I had bought wasn't up to the job, so I upgraded that to, to a SMSL SA-50. I had also moved the bass shaker (gonna move it back) and didn't think it was doing that much until I pulled the Rift up and came out from under the headphones to see if the amp was turned up, only to realize the dining room light was ratttling.

Old 11-01-2016, 09:02 PM   #471
I wanna be Dave

32" display? Are you not using the Oculus anymore??
Tommy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 09:59 PM   #472
Quarry Creeper

Oh hell yes I'm still using it. The display is for games that don't support VR. Like Spintires, Ride 2, Alien Isolation, etc. I can just slide the seat back, get comfy, and game away.
Old 11-02-2016, 09:12 PM   #473
Quarry Creeper

C class 3.45, Proto GT tomorrow night, laps at Silverstone, be there. Bought the Radical as well, just cause I dig the car and have the tracks for the next few weeks, it's a hoot to drive.

Last edited by hpiguy; 11-02-2016 at 09:14 PM.
Old 11-03-2016, 08:23 PM   #474
Quarry Creeper

Cory after you took off, I went and picked up the HPD Arx as well. I freaking love this thing, was carving decent laps immediately. And open cockpit cars in VR are my favorites anyway. I'm not giving up on the Vette, just need a lot more time in it. Whereas I can turn practice laps in the Arx and then go race and be comfortable that I can control my car.
Old 11-04-2016, 08:03 AM   #475
~THE SCALE SHOP~

o shoot, i didnt know you stayed on. i saw you disconnected so i thought you were getting off, so i shut down. i would have stayed on longer. i was really getting the hang of the vette and track.

thats a bitch of a car to drive (C6R) one of the older cars that hasnt been updated from the iceRacing era.

im sure the HPD is very similiar to the C7 DP. i was the same way with it as your HPD experience.

does the HPD have ABS or TCS? or both?
Old 11-04-2016, 08:25 AM   #476
Quarry Creeper

Yeah, every time iRacing gets an update I have to reboot or it does weird shit in VR. Actually, it's become my ritual to do a clean boot before every session just to make sure I have all the system resources that I can for racing at my disposal.

The HPD for sure has TC, not sure about ABS. I think my best lap was a 1:45.1 in the HPD. Gonna do some actual racing this weekend in the HPD and Radical both.
Old 11-04-2016, 09:11 AM   #477
~THE SCALE SHOP~

ok lemme know about TCS and ABS on both of those cars if they have them, i dont own them yet.
Old 11-05-2016, 10:03 PM   #478
Quarry Creeper

Cory, no ABS on either car, not a big deal with my pedals but might be for some. The ARX has TCS, but the Radical does not. In the Radical, it's a super small bore high strung V8, if you need traction, just short shift. And honestly, once you're halfway through second gear, it's really not an issue. I'm going mountain biking for the first time in a long time tomorrow morning. If I can move when I get home, I'm going to run the Radical race at Watkins Glen classic boot.
Old 11-09-2016, 01:34 PM   #479
~THE SCALE SHOP~

Old 11-09-2016, 01:54 PM   #480
Quarry Creeper

Dammit iRacing, stop teasing us and just give us the goods already!!

PC Sim Racing - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PROJECT CARS sim game slowlearner Chit Chat 14 08-07-2013 11:51 AM
Any sim racers on here? Hellbilly Chit Chat 30 07-10-2008 10:12 AM
Flight Sim in Google Earth SlinkySam Chit Chat 2 09-03-2007 02:02 PM
rock crawling sim or game? Thorsteenster Chit Chat 2 11-20-2006 10:10 PM