RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/)
-   -   PC Sim Racing (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/509967-pc-sim-racing.html)

JatoTheRipper 03-29-2017 09:15 AM

Re: PC Sim Racing

Quote:

Originally Posted by hpiguy (Post 5688899)
LOL, yeah, I could, but I won't. I told a buddy I'd help him out with his PC. Besides, he's bringing free beer. I'll still get the rest of the evening though.

Haha.

I emailed my girlfriend and asked her if she knew what today was. She said, "Yes I know. Tonight is 'you will not talk to your boyfriend bc it's dirt night!'" "thumbsup" :lmao:

STANG KILLA SS 03-29-2017 02:52 PM

Lap Time Challenge!

Pro Mazda @ Lime Rock Chicane

Time of day: afternoon, default weather, no tuning, baseline tune only.

JatoTheRipper 03-29-2017 03:40 PM

Dirt is bad ass! That is all...

A lot of people in iRacing can't control their cars on asphalt so I imagine dirt races are going to be wreck fests.

hpiguy 03-29-2017 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS (Post 5689165)
Lap Time Challenge!

Pro Mazda @ Lime Rock Chicane

Time of day: afternoon, default weather, no tuning, baseline tune only.

Shouldn't this weeks challenge be in the dirt? :flipoff:

Quote:

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper (Post 5689189)
Dirt is bad ass! That is all...

A lot of people in iRacing can't control their cars on asphalt so I imagine dirt races are going to be wreck fests.

^^THIS :mrgreen:

JatoTheRipper 03-30-2017 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hpiguy (Post 5689194)
Shouldn't this weeks challenge be in the dirt? :flipoff:

Yeah! We need one of those!

Last night I was fast. Qualified 3rd in my first and only race and after being wrecked I came back to take 4th. Tonight I can't keep up. People must have been practicing a lot. Damn job gets in the way of practice. :lmao:

hpiguy 04-01-2017 09:48 AM

Looks like more Porsches are coming to iRacing!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mr1bLVBkPxo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Habanero 04-06-2017 07:10 PM

I checked my order from microcenter and its says "cancelled" so no wheel for me. And the price is back up to $199

Did not stop the bastards from charging my credit card tho. When I saw the ship date was two weeks out - I got this feeing I had made a mistake...

hpiguy 04-06-2017 08:11 PM

WTF Hab? That sucks. Have you contacted them about this? I've always had good experiences with MC.

Habanero 04-07-2017 06:31 PM

Yeah I have bought from them before - there is even a store not far from me... they say it ran out of stock the same night I ordered it.

And the charge on my card is just a "hold" that will go away? (its been 3 weeks since I ordered).

I pointed out that it is in stock NOW, and could they honor the original sale price - they said no.

At the beginning of both my calls, they said press 2 to take a survey. I did so but they hung up on me before that happened! So their bosses are not exactly getting proper feedback but I'm done with that shit show now.

JatoTheRipper 04-07-2017 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habanero (Post 5693562)
Yeah I have bought from them before - there is even a store not far from me... they say it ran out of stock the same night I ordered it.

And the charge on my card is just a "hold" that will go away? (its been 3 weeks since I ordered).

I pointed out that it is in stock NOW, and could they honor the original sale price - they said no.

At the beginning of both my calls, they said press 2 to take a survey. I did so but they hung up on me before that happened! So their bosses are not exactly getting proper feedback but I'm done with that shit show now.

I'd keep escalating that to higher levels. When you don't get the answer you want you ask for a manager and keep climbing the chain. If they charge your charged they should have had stock and have had been ready to ship it.

I have learned how to improve my Safety Rating, but I can't improve my iRating. Any tips?

Habanero 04-07-2017 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper (Post 5693597)
I'd keep escalating that to higher levels. When you don't get the answer you want you ask for a manager and keep climbing the chain. If they charge your charged they should have had stock and have had been ready to ship it.

Yes thank you! This is exactly my beef. Amazon never does that - what is so hard?

I tried to complain but it seems clear they don't want to know. Just the call center people circling their wagons and protecting each other.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper (Post 5693597)
I have learned how to improve my Safety Rating, but I can't improve my iRating. Any tips?

Don't know if you are talking to me but I don't get the reference

JatoTheRipper 04-10-2017 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habanero (Post 5693599)
Don't know if you are talking to me but I don't get the reference

I was talking to anybody that will listen. :lmao:

I don't exactly understand the rating system in iRacing.

hpiguy 04-10-2017 08:15 AM

iRating is determined by number of incidents in the race, how you perform (i.e. how many overtakes you have), and the SOF (strength of the field) in the race you're in. Worry more about racing clean and getting the hell out of the lower classes. :D

JatoTheRipper 04-10-2017 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hpiguy (Post 5694528)
iRating is determined by number of incidents in the race, how you perform (i.e. how many overtakes you have), and the SOF (strength of the field) in the race you're in. Worry more about racing clean and getting the hell out of the lower classes. :D

I did start worrying about clean racing and my safety rating has gone up significantly once I figured out I have to worry more about avoiding idiots than worrying about fighting for spots. But since then my iRating has dropped.

It says I'm ready for promotion, but I haven't gotten promoted about 4 racers later. I don't understand why I'm not getting promoted.

hpiguy 04-10-2017 08:28 AM

You don't get promoted mid season unless you hit a 4.0 SR, if memory serves anything above a 3.0 SR you get promoted end of season automatically. You also must meet the minimum participation requirements.

What do I need to get promoted to the next License Class?

STANG KILLA SS 04-10-2017 09:00 AM

you dont get promoted the second you hit 3.0 or 4.0 or whatever it is. there is only promotions every 1-2 weeks or something. it will upgrade you then if you are still above the required rating.
your iRating will increase as you start finishing higher, and beating stregth of feilds above yours.

JatoTheRipper 04-10-2017 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hpiguy (Post 5694531)
You don't get promoted mid season unless you hit a 4.0 SR, if memory serves anything above a 3.0 SR you get promoted end of season automatically. You also must meet the minimum participation requirements.

What do I need to get promoted to the next License Class?

Quote:

Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS (Post 5694538)
you dont get promoted the second you hit 3.0 or 4.0 or whatever it is. there is only promotions every 1-2 weeks or something. it will upgrade you then if you are still above the required rating.
your iRating will increase as you start finishing higher, and beating stregth of feilds above yours.

Ah maybe I just need more patience then.

STANG KILLA SS 04-11-2017 06:31 PM

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-KuENMxrpXk?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

JatoTheRipper 04-11-2017 07:24 PM

That looks killer!

Dirt 4 pre order sale for a Steam key is up here for $37. Release date is June 9, 2017.
Dirt 4 Steam Key

durok 04-12-2017 07:53 PM

Forza - Horizon 3 just did an update - tons of new wheels including , Konig, Brabus, Boyd Coddington, Halibrand, Dub (yuck!) and even a M/T Classic Beadlock.

and.............. (wait for it...)

Porsches!