RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/)
-   -   PC Sim Racing (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/509967-pc-sim-racing.html)

STANG KILLA SS 05-23-2017 07:10 AM

Re: PC Sim Racing

i believe those are .rply files or something like that. not a video format YT accepts.
however they do now have there own built in capture software on iracing. but i have not tryied it yet.

Tommy your stuttering your getting, does it only show up live?, or does it show up when you play back the recordings as well?
capture software+running a game is very power intensive on a PC. most everyone will experience a drop in frame rate and or stuttering. and if you PC is borderline powerfull enough as it, it may really struggle to run both.

i do get some mild screen tearing when captureing, but it never shows up in the actual recording itself.

Tommy R 05-23-2017 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS (Post 5710602)
i believe those are .rply files or something like that. not a video format YT accepts.
however they do now have there own built in capture software on iracing. but i have not tryied it yet.

Tommy your stuttering your getting, does it only show up live?, or does it show up when you play back the recordings as well?
capture software+running a game is very power intensive on a PC. most everyone will experience a drop in frame rate and or stuttering. and if you PC is borderline powerfull enough as it, it may really struggle to run both.

i do get some mild screen tearing when captureing, but it never shows up in the actual recording itself.

I didn't bother looking at the footage to see if the stuttering was there because the stuttering was too much of a distraction while racing so I knew I wouldn't use it as-is. If there were settings I could change, I would, but not sure that's the case. I've run it before with no issues. Maybe I need to run some driver updates or perhaps there's something running in the background. FWIW, I was seeing 85+ PFS while it was recording. But every second or so there would be a very, very brief hesitation in the video display. I could drive with it, but it was distracting and annoying.

Maybe I can look into how to set up the Win10 capture or use iRacing's?

STANG KILLA SS 05-23-2017 08:25 AM

ahh ok. see i never race with it recording. i only record while playing back the replay.
so the stutter is a non issue. and it doesnt show up in the recording.

Tommy R 05-23-2017 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS (Post 5710635)
ahh ok. see i never race with it recording. i only record while playing back the replay.
so the stutter is a non issue. and it doesnt show up in the recording.

OH! I never thought of that. Okay, I'll see if I can make that happen.

And you'd better step it up, Cory!! ;-):ror:

STANG KILLA SS 05-23-2017 08:58 AM

today is the last day for the lap time challenge. season finale!
its worth double points!
and if you post a video its worth quadruple points!
deadline is midnight

hpiguy 05-23-2017 09:46 AM

I thought we had two weeks? You forget how to count Cory? :mrgreen:

Tommy R 05-23-2017 09:46 AM

Okay, finally did a decent lap, played the replay within iRacing while Bandicam recorded it. Couple questions...

Since I use 3 monitors, the format is crazy wide, but short in height. Any way to crop it?

Also, the footage is amazingly choppy in the replay. Not sure what I may be doing wrong. Cory?

JatoTheRipper 05-23-2017 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tommy R (Post 5710696)
Okay, finally did a decent lap, played the replay within iRacing while Bandicam recorded it. Couple questions...

Since I use 3 monitors, the format is crazy wide, but short in height. Any way to crop it?

Also, the footage is amazingly choppy in the replay. Not sure what I may be doing wrong. Cory?

Easy fix. Send two of the monitors to me! :ror:

Tommy R 05-23-2017 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper (Post 5710706)
Easy fix. Send two of the monitors to me! :ror:

LOLOL!! :mrgreen:

Since I'm not sure I'll get a video to work well enough, I guess I should at least just post my time. Shame, too, but I was almost 1.5 seconds up about 1/2 way through on the next lap.....'til I wrecked! HA!

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/6c...=w1488-h911-no

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/Il...A=w221-h191-no

STANG KILLA SS 05-24-2017 04:29 PM

yeah you have to switch to single monitor output on your pc/vid cardbefore you start recording . one of the pains of triples and recording.

STANG KILLA SS 05-24-2017 04:31 PM

got a surprise and steve joined us last night!
http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/o...ee_/HPD-88.jpg

the HPD/Glen combo was awesome. soo good.:shock:

race recap vid. i suck at this car, but had an absolute blast driving it on this combo. im just too slow.

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_RvLCs8U5GE?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

hpiguy 06-08-2017 02:29 PM

I turned some laps in the new Ferrari today, and it's good, DAMN good. iRacing really nailed it, instantly one of my favorite cars.

STANG KILLA SS 06-08-2017 02:39 PM

hell yeah its good

heres the CF fun run from Tuesday evening (well the GTE part) the HPD guys were practicing for the 24 hours of lemans
<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/H0xlCxaE-7M?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

JatoTheRipper 06-11-2017 03:46 PM

I didn't realize the week 13 Legends cars were "official" races. You can't race in those things without getting taken out. I was hauling ass in second, catching first, and got taken out by a lapper. My iRating dropped nearly a point from 2 races. I'm less than happy.

There's a big stink going on about iRacing right now. I'm not sure if you've seen it, but guys are starting to protest. Hopefully iRacing starts addressing the issues instead of releasing new DLC.

Tommy R 06-12-2017 08:04 AM

Finally got around to running a couple laps in the Ferrari and GT. The download took FOREVER and then I was getting lock-ups when loading LeMans. Finally got it resolved, though....

Both cars felt good, although the GT seemed to push a bit more on corner entry. I only did one very minor set of tuning adjustments for each car, but the Ferrari was WAY faster. I did a mid 3:54 in it versus a 3:58 in the Ford. Are these cars supposed to be in the same class??

hpiguy 06-12-2017 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper (Post 5717654)
There's a big stink going on about iRacing right now. I'm not sure if you've seen it, but guys are starting to protest. Hopefully iRacing starts addressing the issues instead of releasing new DLC.

It seems there's always some kind of stink going on about iRacing, what's the latest one about?

JatoTheRipper 06-12-2017 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hpiguy (Post 5717901)
It seems there's always some kind of stink going on about iRacing, what's the latest one about?

Something about bad connection issues and some of the top drivers/teams sitting out the latest 24 hour race (I believe it's LeMans) as a protest.

STANG KILLA SS 06-12-2017 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tommy R (Post 5717865)
Finally got around to running a couple laps in the Ferrari and GT. The download took FOREVER and then I was getting lock-ups when loading LeMans. Finally got it resolved, though....

Both cars felt good, although the GT seemed to push a bit more on corner entry. I only did one very minor set of tuning adjustments for each car, but the Ferrari was WAY faster. I did a mid 3:54 in it versus a 3:58 in the Ford. Are these cars supposed to be in the same class??

could you do a test, what were your speeds at the braking point at "L'arche Chicane" in each?
http://www.larseriknielsen.com/calen...mans24_map.gif

seems like it would be hard to have a 4 second difference in the corners, im wondering if the top speeds, or acceleration to top speed is the difference. ie difference in baseline tune.

while racing it was a good even mix of the two. no obvious huge advantage.

Tommy R 06-12-2017 12:20 PM

I know I saw 180 MPH in the Ferrari, not sure what I saw from the Ford other than "less than that", ;-) but I should be able to find out today. FYI, in both cars I started with the base tune and then tweaked the aero (reduced wing) and the gearing since both seemed to be pretty gear limited in stock trim.

hpiguy 06-12-2017 01:19 PM

I've had some connection issues recently, but here in podunk, it could always be my connection. I know Tommy mentioned the latest update took him forever, and it did for me as well. The download speeds from their servers were atrocious. Plenty of stuff I play for free all have better download speeds.