RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/)
-   -   PC Sim Racing (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/509967-pc-sim-racing.html)

hpiguy 06-17-2017 09:45 AM

Re: PC Sim Racing

Quote:

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper (Post 5719502)
Same here. How is yours modded?

I replaced the stock fan with a 70mm 42CFM unit and mounted it so that it blows air directly across the motor rather than pulling air through the case. And it blow air from the top, down out the bottom of the case to get rid of heat. I also tapped into one of the button leads in the case, and wired in and mounted a 3.5mm headset jack that I use to connect the handbrake that I made.

hpiguy 06-17-2017 10:17 AM

PC Sim Racing

Also, here are the wheel settings I shared with Cory. I really like it, much more fidelity in FFB.

Thrustmaster panel

Rotation 900
Master gain 85%
Constant 100
Periodic 100
Damper 5
Spring 1
Auto centre by game

Iracing panel (depends on car, use the meter and adjust FFB strength accordingly)

Use linear on
Strength 15
Damping 5
Min force 2 (or so)
Wheel range 900
Map range 900

hpiguy 06-18-2017 01:49 PM

Project Cars 2 is sounding better and better.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tgi4aadWN6s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

JatoTheRipper 06-20-2017 06:25 AM

I used to be fast in the sprints when Dirt was released. Now people are getting better, I have less time to drive, and I moved up to the 360s and I can't control those bad boys that well. Last night I qualified 9th and finished 4th so I was pretty happy.

Does anybody have setup tips for sprints?

STANG KILLA SS 06-20-2017 08:12 AM

yep i watched that. i still have not heard FFB mentioned in a single video. ive probly watched 8-12 different vids.

hpiguy 06-20-2017 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS (Post 5720374)
yep i watched that. i still have not heard FFB mentioned in a single video. ive probly watched 8-12 different vids.

FFB is part of the overall physics, which me mentions multiple times. That being said, the fact he's wearing a shirt from them leads me to be skeptical of this pre-release review.

JatoTheRipper 06-20-2017 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hpiguy (Post 5720378)
FFB is part of the overall physics, which me mentions multiple times. That being said, the fact he's wearing a shirt from them leads me to be skeptical of this pre-release review.

Most video from any large channel on YouTube is simply an ad these days. They get paid to promote. I think the video you linked to is an ad.

STANG KILLA SS 06-20-2017 09:15 AM

he got that shirt at E3 when he was there testing PC2. he mentions that in a video.
ISRTV promotes thrustmaster and iRacing. (and a rig i cant remember)
but they are not associated with project cars.

STANG KILLA SS 06-20-2017 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hpiguy (Post 5720378)
FFB is part of the overall physics, which me mentions multiple times.

thats my hope, the new tire model the FFB will have to be based on outputs from the tires, so hopefully the ffb will be/feel different (although PC got alot of its FFB from suspension and spindles)

hpiguy 06-20-2017 10:04 AM

And to their credit, I've seem them ding products they are clearly sponsored by as well. I'm hoping for good things too, I love a lot of things about Pcars1, even the FFB once I used the tweaker files. The only thing I had issues with was the feel of the car when you were right on the edge of traction. iRacing had that issue with some cars before the current tire model debuted. The other thing was what a resource hog it was. It was GPU intensive for monitors, in VR it was ridiculous.

hpiguy 06-21-2017 01:35 PM

Project Cars 2 is set to have real world liquid dynamics. Meaning, the car in front of you will temporarily displace some of the water on the track.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/InbwZW8z9ng" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

STANG KILLA SS 06-23-2017 09:34 AM

last night i had some time and fired up Project cars 1.
holy shit, what a complete pile of crap. just felt horrible, and i forgot it had no chevys. big strike against it there! :D i thought it had the C7R, but that must be AC. didnt stay long. didnt even like the drivers eye/helmet view as much. i think i just need to turn down the "look to apex" a bit.

then i fired up race room. WOW, i forgot how good it was. i spent at least an hour running laps in the C6R. doing little tweaks with sound, FFB, button mapping etc. its SO easy to tweak unlike PC. and you can do it all while on the fly, never leaving the track/session.
then i went to the store, and test drove a few other cars. they didnt feel quite as good. but they were also stock in all there FFB etc settings. i hadnt personalized them like the vette. also didnt know the track.
then went to the monthly competitions i tried the 80s/90s one at the bottom right. ended up picking the R32. i couldnt drive it very well. it was a track i never drove before, and i was having trouble with my shifter.

hpiguy 06-23-2017 09:56 AM

Yeah, I went through the same thing ironically enough. Made it about 2 miles into the ring on Pcars 1, and just turned it off. I personally feel that RaceRoom has the best physics, overall FFB and how they tied other effects into it, and sounds of any sim currently on the market. iRacing certainly has the best online multiplayer, and good FFB. But I'll take the feel of the cars in RaceRoom 10 to 1 to iRacing. I have no idea which is more realistic, I just know what I like the feel of. The only things I've adjusted in the FFB in R3E is the car FFB multipliers, the main FFB menu settings feel great to me. Also, being able to buy every single piece of content for $65 and having VRP (virtual cash used in R3E) left over for future use is tough to beat. I've test driven a lot of the cars, from the F1 cars, to GT3 cars, and they all felt fantastic to me.

Cory, are you running R3E on the get real physics setting?

STANG KILLA SS 06-23-2017 01:20 PM

yeah the little extra FFB stuff, like engine vibs and shifting are nice. although i do have them turned down quite a bit to be more real (8% and 40% respectively if i remember right)

i prefer iRacings FFB in the corners more. im sure i can get race room there, just havent yet. the wheel going light, when you loose grip is something iRacing has right. all other sims have this way over exhaugurated usually. PC being the worst at it.
also theres an odd im going to call it gyration in the corners of race room. im not sure what its supposed to be so i havent been able to turn that down yet. its just kind of a pulsing left to right the wheel does around mid corner.
i also like the seperate scrub and squeel sounds on RR. i have them turned down quite a bit too to be more real.

haha yeah i have like $5 invested in the game right now, with the vette and monza. thats soo awesome! and i noticed buying the vette got me discounts on some of the other vettes, they were showing only .92c to buy one of the others.

of course im running get real. although i did go on an ABS hunt for the vette last night. i couldnt find the setting anywhere. it felt like it had ABS or was turned up too much, i could hit the pedal as hard as i wanted too and not lock up. i searched menus forever and never found the option to turn ABS off or down.(although i never looked at in car adjustments)
then when i was in the store and challenges, i saw thats its actually part of the driving mode. ie get real= no abs.
so i guess that car can brake that strong, it would only lockup at lower speeds.

hpiguy 06-23-2017 01:47 PM

I figured you were running the get real physics Cory, just making sure. I'll have to look into some of the detailed settings myself and tinker with them a bit, give your settings a go. I noticed the same thing with both TC and ABS, which is a very odd way to do it IMO. There are pro level cars like GT3 that run those options in real life, and I'm quite sure the drivers don't refer to that as noob mode. I haven't noticed the odd gyration you mention. Have you tried, say, 5% damping in the Thrustmaster config? :flipoff:

Also, copied and pasted for reference;

So, first off let me be clear- IMHO FFB settings are personal preference at the consumer wheel level. What's perfect for one person can be awful for someone else. With a $2,000 Accuforce setup there are no sacrifices per se. With a $400 consumer wheel you generally have to decide between strength or detail, but there is a little bit of middle ground available. The other thing that that you should be aware of is that the TX is a DUAL-belt system that also has a H.E.A.R.T no-contact magnetic sensor (for reporting speed/position). It's a part of the reason the wheel is $400 and not $100. This is worth pointing out because 95% of the suggested "amazing" settings you may find while scouring the internet involve setting your Spring and Damper to 0%, basically making your wheel a $100 wheel with no position reporting. But like I said, it's all preference so if people are happy then that's all that matters. I'm just throwing all of this out there for educational purposes more than anything.

Read more: Thrustmaster Control Panel Settings (for use on PC ONLY) | PTG - Pendulum Tuning Garage

STANG KILLA SS 06-25-2017 08:51 PM

this ones for Tommy
PC2
drifting in Austin :D
<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xa06laf5dK4?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

hpiguy 06-27-2017 12:27 PM

So, looks like iRacing is finally getting a new UI.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wR3eSAX2UL4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

JatoTheRipper 06-27-2017 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS (Post 5721848)
this ones for Tommy
PC2
drifting in Austin :D

It's difficult to tell from watching without actually driving, but those physics look odd to me. Anybody else?

Quote:

Originally Posted by hpiguy (Post 5722356)
So, looks like iRacing is finally getting a new UI.

Cool! Hopefully it's good because if not we'll be stuck with a crap UI for years at the pace they update it. :P

hpiguy 06-27-2017 10:33 PM

Speaking of drifting, I'm finally getting the hang of it.

This is a mod car, and I didn't know to line up the drivers head with the VR view so you'll see some weird artifacts.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/sQU0JZN5CBo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

STANG KILLA SS 06-27-2017 10:47 PM

i follow that car on instagram!