RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/)
-   -   PC Sim Racing (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/509967-pc-sim-racing.html)

JatoTheRipper 10-10-2017 01:14 PM

Re: PC Sim Racing

I ran a little bit of practice last night and beat my best time by about 2 seconds. But I might run OK tonight if I can stay out of trouble.

hpiguy 10-10-2017 01:22 PM

Yeah, I was in there with you, never could quite match your pace. Got a shit load of stuff to do tonight, then a 300+ mile day tomorrow for work, so not sure if I'll make it or not.

JatoTheRipper 10-10-2017 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hpiguy (Post 5755800)
Yeah, I was in there with you, never could quite match your pace. Got a shit load of stuff to do tonight, then a 300+ mile day tomorrow for work, so not sure if I'll make it or not.

Oh you were the moto guy or something like that?

Ugh 300 miles! No thanks. Are you outside sales?

hpiguy 10-10-2017 01:53 PM

Yeah, WNCmotard on the forum, R Mathis on iRacing. Sales? Hell no, not my thing. My technical title is IP field engineer, but I do all kinds of shit.

STANG KILLA SS 10-10-2017 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper (Post 5755798)
But I might run OK tonight if I can stay out of trouble.

i think thats going to be the whole key to this one:shock:

JatoTheRipper 10-10-2017 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hpiguy (Post 5755812)
Yeah, WNCmotard on the forum, R Mathis on iRacing. Sales? Hell no, not my thing. My technical title is IP field engineer, but I do all kinds of shit.

Ah cool. It was fun racing with you for that short time! "thumbsup"

I am also an engineer, but I am of the mechanical flavor. My current title is Project Manager, but, like you, I wear many hats.

STANG KILLA SS 10-13-2017 12:13 PM

not sim racing, but DAMN this looks fun!:shock:"thumbsup"

ive watched this like 5 times over the last week.
SOME day i will own a sub 2500lbs track toy8) :drool:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9BuZmJmpTdk?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1830 lbs

JatoTheRipper 10-14-2017 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS (Post 5756837)
not sim racing, but DAMN this looks fun!:shock:"thumbsup"

ive watched this like 5 times over the last week.
SOME day i will own a sub 2500lbs track toy8) :drool:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9BuZmJmpTdk?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1830 lbs

I just watched that recently. Great video. Beautiful car. And apparently the designer was only 21 or so at the time. Italians make the sexiest cars for sure.

hpiguy 10-17-2017 12:55 PM

I don't have this week's track for the CF race. I went and turned a few laps on it in Pcars2 to see if it interested me, and that track is terrible for those cars, so I'm saving my money.

STANG KILLA SS 10-17-2017 12:58 PM

DEFINATLY save your money. i had to buy it too. ive never even heard of that track!
and its an absolute nightmare. i mean BAAAAAD. its probly slightly better in PC2 cause the iracing version is also on ice pavement, on top of the crap layout.

JatoTheRipper 10-17-2017 03:19 PM

It is a terrible track! So boring.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

hpiguy 10-23-2017 10:26 AM

I have a free channel on my amp, so I ordered another Aura Pro bass shaker for the pedal box of my cockpit. That way, I'll get separate feedback from the front and rear of the car. "thumbsup"

ElChupacabra 10-23-2017 12:47 PM

If anybody wants to trade a Vive headset for crawler parts hit me up. I'll never use it. I just listed it on eBay. Look up username Victorychimes for pics/info.

hpiguy 10-27-2017 08:36 AM

I got my second bass shaker installed in the pedal box a couple days ago. It's pretty clever how Simvibe splits them up, left channel is seat and right channel is pedals. The immersion factor is much higher now, between this and VR at this point I really do feel like I'm "in" the car. iRacing by far has the best telemetry support for breaking up front (pedals) and rear (seat) feedback effects. The only issue is the damn TH pedal assembly resonates and rattles at certain frequencies. I'm going to play around with foam placement and see if I can eliminate that.

https://i.imgur.com/x0bpolV.jpg

STANG KILLA SS 10-27-2017 10:45 AM

less addon trinkets, and more racing with us!

JatoTheRipper 10-27-2017 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hpiguy (Post 5761381)
I got my second bass shaker installed in the pedal box a couple days ago. It's pretty clever how Simvibe splits them up, left channel is seat and right channel is pedals. The immersion factor is much higher now, between this and VR at this point I really do feel like I'm "in" the car. iRacing by far has the best telemetry support for breaking up front (pedals) and rear (seat) feedback effects. The only issue is the damn TH pedal assembly resonates and rattles at certain frequencies. I'm going to play around with foam placement and see if I can eliminate that.

Sweet. I hope to have a real sim rig one day.

How's PC2? Has your feelings about it changed at all?

Quote:

Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS (Post 5761416)
less addon trinkets, and more racing with us!

STANG KILLA SS 10-27-2017 12:41 PM

not 3d,
VR! :D

hpiguy 10-29-2017 03:36 PM

But the trinkets make me enjoy it more. :mrgreen: I like turning laps with you guys and BS'ing, life's just busy these days. Single player pick up and play a half hour here and there is easier.

Yes, still playing and enjoying Pcars2. I didn't go back and read it, but I think my opinion is still the same. Some of it is excellent, and some of it is pure shit, like any sim. I have no regrets though.

I've been on a bit of a Nords kick lately for whatever reason, and really digging some Formula cars. Always really wanted to get that track dialed for one since Tommy and Steve usually kick our asses. LOL Anyway, been doing this in every title I own (iRacing, Assetto Corsa, Project Cars 2, and Raceroom Racing Experience) and what it's all brought me back to is just how damned good R3E really is. The sounds, the way the FFB integrates seamlessly with SimViibe, how well done the VR implementation is and how smooth it runs, etc. It really is at the top of the list for me. iRacing has by far the worst Formula handling on the planet, almost impossible to drive compared to any other sim out there. That kind of let me down.

Turns out, I'm decently fast too. 1st in my division in the world, 51st overall in the world. Not too shabby I don't think.

https://i.imgur.com/iZoSNkI.png

STANG KILLA SS 10-29-2017 03:49 PM

saw a new review of PC2 posted this week. same conclution different author, as after week 1. FFB is still junk and cant be fixed.
so im glad i held off on it, which sucks, cause i spent damn near a year following every little tidbit of that game hopeing they fixed the one thing i hated about PC1.

hpiguy 10-30-2017 11:51 AM

As I always say, we all have different opinions. I'd be interested to hear what it is that can't be fixed about it.

Simracing is by far one of the most toxic communities I've ever been involved in as a hobby. The amount of drama and BS that people (some of whom have never even driven a proper sports car, let alone a race car) spout off as fact is second to none. I've watched grown ass men behave like little babies over their pretend race cars, even threatening to go to blows over a damn video game. Pcars has a long standing history of drawing a lot of hate, and some of it rightfully so. But I feel that a lot of reviewers simply spend zero time with Pcars 2 trying to set things up before just bagging on it because it's the cool things to do right now in the simrace community. I started on consoles, so my options were limited to Pcars1, and that was pretty much it back then. Since moving to PC, and acquiring many other sims, I've went back and tried to get into Pcars1 and just can't get things to click. Whether it's the FFB, the wonky physics at the edge, whatever it may be, I just cannot play it. Pcars 2 was just fine out of the box, it's light years beyond Pcars1 in the FFB dept. A little tweaking (took all of two minutes) made it much better, while still retaining what made it better to begin with. I play games (sim racing included) to have fun, nothing more. I'm no race car driver, or pro gamer, I'm just an average schmoe who likes fast things in real life, and likes to waste free time in virtual worlds and have a good time.

I'm not trying to convince anyone to buy Pcars2, just tired of all the negativity in the community in general I guess. It would be ideal if every sim had a decent demo available.