Assetto Corsa is getting something new:

JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 07:25 AM   #1063
~THE SCALE SHOP~

Default Re: PC Sim Racing

interesting.
few things i picked up
that track they showed was Spa.
almost seems like a separate standalone game with the way the title at teh end was displayed?

Competizion is the name of the Ferrari racign team, and they did show a ferrari.
maybe a Blancpain car pack? or complete blancpain car and track seperate game?

good find!
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 09:22 AM   #1064
Quarry Creeper

Furidashi sucks balls, the handling is just weird as hell.

The Assetto thing is a day late, and a lot of content short. It's slated to be released early summer, or so they're saying. It will be a standalone game, and GT3 cars only. Meh, there's already other sims will day/night, full weather, and more importantly, a full field of cars to choose from. And I'm a fan of AC, but come on, only GT3 and that's it? Weak sauce.
hpiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 09:31 AM   #1065
~THE SCALE SHOP~

furidashi, at rare times handles good, most other times complete crap. im not going to touch it until i get parking brake in, i need a manual. auto never could be in power band. i bought a RX7 and even LS7 swaped and still had troubling lighting them up.
me and steve also discovered the tuning makes a HUGE difference in the cars. but we seemed to be making them worse.
i would be curious to jsut buy one of the damn fully optioned cars for $3.99 and see if the car can make the difference. if they are still crap, then the game doesnt have a chance. but there are people on YT having good luck with it. (in full built cars)
Old 02-23-2018, 08:59 AM   #1066
Quarry Creeper

I still think AC is king when it comes to drifting. I know Steve and Tommy had some issues drifting in AC, but I'm telling you, downloading actual drift cars made a big difference for me. Other than that, it was just something that took practice, no different than the RC drifting that Tommy does. I was determined to get it down, so I spent the time to learn. And, since I've slid real cars, it didn't take too long. Furidsahi doesn't even have in car view, and that's a must for me these days.

Also, last night was some of the best fun I've had in a long time! I wish Tommy could have made it too. I had you guys in the corners, but you'd both pull on me a bit in the straights. There were a few times I thought we were all doomed, but damn what fun to race that close for that many laps! I too had issues with Eau Rogue, I was either good to go, or in a 150mph tank slapper LOL. This is where I make up big time in the GT, you can take Eau Rogue flat out in 6th and the car is just so planted. I know what my best time was, so I'll turn some laps in the GT and compare, but I'll most likely run the GT for the FR, just so much easier to relax and enjoy my race vs the C6r. But, I will say the Vette has really grown on me from our practice sessions. If they'd fix the damned TC, I'd love that car for what is.

Saw this on Reddit this morning, and got a good laugh out of it.

Last edited by hpiguy; 02-23-2018 at 09:02 AM.
Old 02-23-2018, 09:17 AM   #1067

Setup is everything in drifting. People tend to think huge, tire smoking power is all you need. That's certainly not true.

I agree AC is the king of drifting. Downloading one of the good drift cars is key.

I am glad I bought AC. The modding community is so active and there are always cars and tracks to try.

I thought about jumping on last night and then when I remembered it was too late. I'd like more fun runs or even practice. I'm too slow at this point to compete in the Corvette Forum league.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 10:51 AM   #1068
Quarry Creeper

Tim, the CF races are a big fun run to me. Don't get me wrong, we all take our racing seriously, but we just have a good time. I'm more comfortable racing around a group of guys that I know, that are fairly predictable in their on track behavior vs. Joe Public personally.

Cory, here's my favorite two drift cars in AC, and I've downloaded a bunch of 'em. The HGK Vette is my go to car, I ****in' love that thing. Also, looks there's some new cars, off to check them out in AC.

I'd really like to get some drift stuff going in multiplayer, I think that'd be a shit ton of fun once it clicks for everyone. It's just a more laid back thing than iRacing for me.

The HGK Vette

https://www.acdriftingpro.com/downlo...olet-corvette/

The M3

https://www.acdriftingpro.com/downlo...-m3-e46-bluss/
Old 02-23-2018, 02:11 PM   #1069
~THE SCALE SHOP~

not sure if you guys have been following Matt Feilds FD C6 build but its a pretty awesome series. i love the fab work. hes also using HGK body work. of course im slightly biased on the build....
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...on-series.html
new episodes drop every tuesday
Old 02-23-2018, 06:47 PM   #1070
~THE SCALE SHOP~

just for you Randy
came across this channel on CF for real racing, but had a few on sims.

lots of other killer (instuctional) vids on his channel im gonna check out
Old 02-24-2018, 02:50 PM   #1071
~THE SCALE SHOP~

he appears to have the same issues getting the tires to start to spin, seems like the car has to be sideways then the grip is like cut in half allowing drifts/tire spin.
people are out there making this game work. gotta figure it out.
Old 02-24-2018, 06:26 PM   #1072
~THE SCALE SHOP~

tommy and randy
Old 02-26-2018, 07:53 AM   #1073
Quarry Creeper

^^I'll buy it if it's reasonably priced just so that games like this continue to be developed. Thanks for posting it up Cory!

Also, just wanted to say I've been really enjoying the hot laps with you guys the past week. I enjoy the CF series, but just hot lapping with friends is less pressure. I feel like I'm finally able to run close enough to the pace to actually keep up (sometimes ) and holy shit we've had some CLOSE fun racing over the weekend.

Also, TOMMY needs to get back to regular racing. He was what, 2.5 seconds off last night after taking off for months?
Old 02-26-2018, 08:25 AM   #1074
~THE SCALE SHOP~

no problem. watched a gameplay vid, it was pretty fake(slides), but the big jumps were cool. but im too fat to enjoy things with manual power anymore

yeah been enjoying the practice laps too. sucks we have to pay this season (my fault for forcing the GT1s on the group) I need to learn how to host. to spread out the costs among us.

yeah was great to have Tommy back, another hour he would have been right on our ass.

i was slowest in both cars. but im ok with that. i knew going in the vette wouldnt be competitive. i guess i dont have an excuse in the radical.
#analogpedals
Old 02-26-2018, 08:39 AM   #1075
Quarry Creeper

Hosting is super cheap, it's $1.00 for two hours of fun. I'll pay that all day long, that's hella cheap for entertainment. LOL at the #analogpedals thing!! Seriously though, most things were intuitive for me once going to VR, you look into the corner as you would in a real car, spot your brake markers, etc. The wheel is giving FFB, similar to a real car, so that's intuitive. But the pedals never were as it was based on the measurement of a pot moving, and I've never met a human being that can develop muscle memory based on a few mm of travel. Well, maybe aliens like Tommy, but for us mortals it's really tough. Now pedals are intuitive too, as they all feel like they would in a real car. Took me a couple evenings to get used to it, but my lap times speak for themselves before/after.
Old 02-26-2018, 09:05 AM   #1076
~THE SCALE SHOP~

except you have no clue where your friends are on track
Old 02-26-2018, 09:42 AM   #1077
Quarry Creeper

I'M TOO IMMERSED TO KNOW WHERE YOU PLEEBS ARE AT! LMAO Dammit, wreck your buddy once and now you're that guy. The mirrors in that car are terrible, seriously. I went to the pits and added the virtual mirror back in, and it's so far up that it doesn't really help either. And once you guys come out of the draft and to the side, I'm blind. I need to spend some time in the pits adjusting all that stuff, as I really love that car, and I think everyone was having a good time in it. SUPER close running too. I did fine in the other cars all weekend long.
Old 02-28-2018, 02:58 PM   #1078
Quarry Creeper

I finally figured out my issue with Furidashi Drift. Turns out, you can't leave the shifter (if you have a separate shifter) in gear in the menus as it detects it as a button press. Which makes complete sense, but no other title I have does that, so I'm bad to not put it in N when I'm done. I've had a lot of fun with it, played for a few hours after the CF race last night, mostly online with others. Also, for those that didn't like drifting in AC, I personally think the new update in Furidashi feels pretty similar, but I could be wrong. We need to get some group drift going one evening.
Old 02-28-2018, 03:05 PM   #1079
~THE SCALE SHOP~

i came across that same issue! if you leave it in gear. i dont remember it being that way pre update. but maybe it was.

some mention of the new physics update for Furidashi, is that there is now a constant drift assist on. even if you turn off "steering assist" or whatever its called.
i could sort of feel this in the 30 seconds i spent after the update. unnatural forces trying to crab the car sideways.
havent given it a real go though. no good spot to mount my joystick/handbrake without interfearing with shifter.
Old 02-28-2018, 04:22 PM   #1080
Quarry Creeper

Well, that's just dumb, but it explains why I'm looping out at times where I don't think I would in AC. I personally still find drifting in AC both easier because I'm in the car and can intuitively look into the corner, out the window, etc while sliding, which also makes it much easier to judge how close I am to others as well. And also, because it just feels more natural physics wise, at least to me from what I remember from sliding a real car a LONG time ago. LOL

PC Sim Racing - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PROJECT CARS sim game slowlearner Chit Chat 14 08-07-2013 11:51 AM
Any sim racers on here? Hellbilly Chit Chat 30 07-10-2008 10:12 AM
Flight Sim in Google Earth SlinkySam Chit Chat 2 09-03-2007 02:02 PM
rock crawling sim or game? Thorsteenster Chit Chat 2 11-20-2006 10:10 PM