LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2018, 01:21 PM   #1261
~THE SCALE SHOP~

Default Re: PC Sim Racing

STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2018, 10:33 AM   #1262

I'm sure it won't be a sim, but Grand Tour is getting its own game.

‘The Grand Tour’ Is Gettings Its Own Video Game - The Drive

JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 11:32 AM   #1263
Quarry Creeper

So this dropped today apparently, should be downloaded to mine already. I'll try them out later maybe and report back.

hpiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 08:38 AM   #1264
Quarry Creeper

Well, Assetto Corsa Competizione is going to be a hard pass for me until I see how it plays out. One track, one car, and no VR support for now. No thanks.
Old 09-12-2018, 09:33 AM   #1265
~THE SCALE SHOP~

im downloading it the second i get home.
Old 09-12-2018, 09:53 AM   #1266
Quarry Creeper

As always, I'm interested to hear your thoughts. Also, you don't have Steam remote setup? Shame...
Old 09-12-2018, 10:04 AM   #1267
~THE SCALE SHOP~

you know i can barely turn a computer on....
Old 09-12-2018, 11:12 AM   #1268
Quarry Creeper

LOL, just leave the PC on and connected, and download the app for your phone. I can't tell you how many times I've done this from the crapper at work at my old job. LOL

https://www.howtogeek.com/329192/how...om-your-phone/
Old 09-12-2018, 02:05 PM   #1269

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpiguy View Post
LOL, just leave the PC on and connected, and download the app for your phone. I can't tell you how many times I've done this from the crapper at work at my old job. LOL

https://www.howtogeek.com/329192/how...om-your-phone/
Thanks for the tip! Didn't know Steam had that feature, but Android has it and I use it all the time for getting apps when they're on sale.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 03:06 PM   #1270
Quarry Creeper

No problem guys. It'll also give you an alert on your phone for anything on your Steam wish list that goes on sale as well.
Old 09-13-2018, 08:23 AM   #1271
~THE SCALE SHOP~

first night initial impressions:
only got an hour before and after dinner, but here are some things i noticed.

-Its all new. defintatly not AC 2.0. everything is different, menus, layouts, huds, just everything.
-the only thing i could find the same is when you overcook or slide a tire, for the next lap those tires are complete ice. impossible to drive on and make you spin again. hated that about AC. so far thats the only thing i recognize that transfered over.
-first thing i noticed is how hard it was. it took me nearly the entire first hour to make a clean lap (its monitoring you live on screen, for safety rating and track awards) granted i havent run this track since forza. so i was also relearning parts of it.
-car to car hits seem too aggresive. make you spin most of the time.
-i dont feel as one with the car as i do with iRacing. but its on par with all the other sims. AC, PC, RR, etc.
-that being said it is very visceral. with the car/head movement, noises, etc. you really feel like your in the car and things are "alive"
-Marbles are a big thing. you can see them, you can hear them, and when you get into them you feel them, you loose steering and can spin.
-on that note, being on the racing line seems to be a major factor. more than iRacing. one corner in particular i spun many times when i got in too deep in the marbles on the outside.
-triple monitors seemed to be supported, and i tried it, but only allows a max of 70 FOV, which is useless on my wrap around setup. more on this later.
-i noticed this weird "predator vision" (the movie) in my rear view mirror, and a little bit ahead on shadows and things. thats the only way i know how to discribe it.
-graphics seemed harsh and pixelated edges at times. alot of the times.
-distant track surfaces looked odd at times. especially pavement changes.
-noticed some artifacts on the (electronic/Motec)dash at times. when the hands would cross it, or the dash graphic had to change, like gear numbers etc.
-i was running all graphics on epic with my 8gb card
-the hand/glove graphics are insanely good. they stood out as looking crazy real, like it was my real hand/gloves. also the hand actually make the adjustments on the wheel when you adjust TC, brake balance etc.

-disclaimer: now will all these graphics issues being said, i was running in windowed mode on my center TV since the triple screens arent really supported well with only 70 FOV. so all of these issues COULD be from that. ie trying to squeeze down a 1920x1080 to like 1900x1000ish. i need to set it back to full screen to test this threory. also i havent played with any of the graphic settings at all. a simple (AA?)change could fix it all.
-the race load music sounds just like The Grand Tour
-lots of great sound effects, such as anti lag system, Co2 shifters, things hitting underside of chassis etc.
-had nearly every race an issue with the AI, they would back up and traffic jam to a stop on track. seemed to always happen in a area with yellow flags. they would all be just stoped in lines. they didnt know what to do.
-you have a crew cheif on the radio, telling you about yellows, lap times, mid race, last lap etc.
-it appears you might be able to use buttons twice. there seemed to be a secondary setting for all wheel buttons you could set up for a long press. so you could have 1 button do 2 things. with a short press or a long/hold press. i didnt play with this but that what it appeared to be. you could even set up how long it had to be pressed.
-tried a night race as my last one. you have two levels of headlights. "low" beams, and high beams with interior blue leds lighting up the cabin. on high only.
-also wipers have 3 speeds
-night races are well done. graphics are really good/realistic.
-had my best finish in the night race.

over all i would say hold off on the buying the beta. 0.1.0. is going to be too boring i think once i get everything figured out. with only 1 car/track, no MP etc. id say hold off for now.
Old 09-13-2018, 08:30 AM   #1272
Quarry Creeper

Thanks for the write up Cory. I'll have to run some laps to double check, but I'm pretty sure that you can hear the marbles hitting in iRacing after the last update also. I know you can hear gravel and debris hitting, and feel it if you have bass shakers too.

My big concern for ACC is that they aren't going to get licensing for the full grid of GT series cars and tracks that are currently raced today. Though that's what they claim by January of next year. And, that they're going to focus so much on the multiplayer aspect to compete with iRacing that other things will just get pushed to the wayside. I'll likely buy it once they add in VR support. I can always refund it if I've played less than two hours anyway.

Last edited by hpiguy; 09-13-2018 at 08:35 AM.
Old 09-13-2018, 08:57 AM   #1273
~THE SCALE SHOP~

there were ferraris, Audis, and lambos on the grid already. theyve already confirmed Bently, bmw, jaguar, and NSX are coming. i have pretty high confidence they will have the full Blancpain grid (that may be all of them, AMG missing?). Especially being officially licenced for the series.
Old 09-13-2018, 05:13 PM   #1274
I wanna be Dave

I picked up ACC last night too. It took me a while to figure out how to turn off assists and maybe I'm still missing something but I ended up needing to map ABS and Traction control just so I could turn them off (while on track), stability control can be turned off in the settings. After I got the aids turned off I spun some donuts just to make sure and I found that they were not fluid at all, it cant do a full rotation smoothly it grips up at a certain point and it almost seems to line up with when your car was pointed in the right direction like an invisible aid. Anyway I know this isn't a super useful test but any sim should be able to drift if its done right and I know its not 'done' yet.

I still cant find the button for confirm, in the menus they ask you to confirm things a bunch, I wish this was a button but instead I have to grab my mouse and click on the word confirm, kind of annoying when I can navigate everything else using my wheel.

I also struggled to get a clean lap, actually I didn't get one in. I was probably locking up the brakes every lap.

Last edited by HumboldtEF; 09-13-2018 at 05:16 PM.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 10:39 AM   #1275
~THE SCALE SHOP~

yeah mine showed a (button) number by the word confirm i tried that button, it did nothing. i just have to click confirm with mouse.
i struggle to get clean laps too.
ive got TC mapped so i can turn it down, but i need to map ABS too. i want to turn it down. i find you have to REALLY mash the pedal to stop these cars. like unrealistic mash. like using 100% pedal throw mash. no other game or real life is like that. although ive never driven a GT3 car.

i did another hour last night. did the special events race. it does a sunset to night transition race which was cool. but once again. the entire feild parked itself in the race, and i got first place, cause i was the only car still lapping.

i quickly turned it off, and went to iracing. not a good sign. but this is a first draft beta. ive had such high hopes for ACC. i really want it to knock off iracing as the king. but so far even with the "new game effect" im just not loving it.

also the AMG is also confirmed for ACC. so that pretty well rounds out the full blancpain GT3 grid. other than the GTR, but i dont know if they still race?

Last edited by STANG KILLA SS; 09-14-2018 at 10:41 AM.
Old 09-14-2018, 11:19 AM   #1276
Quarry Creeper

I have faith that Kunos will put out a well finished product from the complaints about AC over the years. That being said, for online multiplayer, I don't see anything de-throning iRacing any time soon. Then again, ACC isn't supposed to be a complete build until January.
Old 09-14-2018, 01:25 PM   #1277
~THE SCALE SHOP~

yep im giving them time. especially since there on an entirely new engine for ACC. thats alot of new stuff to learn in the background. ie starting from scratch. like AC never existed/previous knowledge is useless.
Old 09-14-2018, 05:37 PM   #1278
I wanna be Dave

Back to the buttons and confirm thing in ACC, when I mapped my wheel I noticed when i selected button 8 it showed up on screen/in game as 9 and so on, so all of the numbering was off by 1. Maybe there is a confirm button and we just need to keep looking?

I also wasn't expecting a ton from the early release, I mostly wanted to support Kunos.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 06:20 PM   #1279
Quarry Creeper

Holy Hell! Fanatec's new Porsche GT3 rim. DO WANT!!!!

Old 09-14-2018, 08:51 PM   #1280
~THE SCALE SHOP~

so THATS what they will do to make the Podium series wheels better.

wait..
is it just me or does alot of that aluminum on the back look home fabbed? and phillips head screws? somethings not adding up here?....

PC Sim Racing - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PROJECT CARS sim game slowlearner Chit Chat 14 08-07-2013 11:51 AM
Any sim racers on here? Hellbilly Chit Chat 30 07-10-2008 10:12 AM
Flight Sim in Google Earth SlinkySam Chit Chat 2 09-03-2007 02:02 PM
rock crawling sim or game? Thorsteenster Chit Chat 2 11-20-2006 10:10 PM