Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: PC Sim Racing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2015, 09:48 AM   #141
MODERATOR™

Default Re: PC Sim Racing

The new wheel is a mix of the lesser Driving Force wheel and the G27. Lotta mixed opinions so far but I gotta feeling it's gonna be sweet. I love the big red dial to adjust brakes.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2015, 09:49 AM   #142
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS View Post
yeah ill be curious what they do there as well. I do love my gated shifter for the slower street cars like the Miata. anything else is just unrealistic cheating to me.
ie if the car has a gated shifter in real life, that's what I use.

I wonder if they will go full modular.
the extra buttons and direction pad on that wheel would be so nice.
Normally, I'm right there with you. I would much prefer to use a gated shifter, but it just doesn't feel natural in the way it works. It just seems slower and less precise than a real shifter....and I feel like if I shift it the way I would in a real car that I'd break it. And since it's not manufactured any longer.....well, you can understand my apprehension. But yeah, if I had a better gated shifter, I'd definitely use it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habanero View Post
Without reading this thread can anyone tell me a good recent rally game? I really liked colin mcrae 04 way back and was hoping something equivalent was out there now... Getting a new computer next week. Thanks in advance.
Well......maybe read the thread instead of asking us to do your research for you? Here's a hint: the answer is on this page about 6-7 posts up.
Tommy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 10:14 AM   #143
Quarry Creeper

I was under the impression that the thread was longer than it actually was. I myself enjoy helping people and maybe should not have projected that on others - my apologies.
Habanero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 10:25 AM   #144
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habanero View Post
I was under the impression that the thread was longer than it actually was. I myself enjoy helping people and maybe should not have projected that on others - my apologies.
No worries! Just giving you a hard time.
Old 05-24-2015, 07:55 AM   #145
~THE SCALE SHOP~

got up yesterday morning and did a couple hours in the Stratos.
saved up enough to buy my first Group B AWD.
I had to go with the Audi Quattro Sport, one of my all time favorites. second in line would have been the Lancia Delta, but I had to go with the Audi. I haven't driven it yet, id like to tune on the Stratos some more.

STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 11:58 AM   #146
I wanna be Dave

So THAT was your chores from yesterday morning?? I approve!!

Great purchase! How could you not drive that thing immediately?? That'll likely be my first AWD purchase, as well.
Old 05-24-2015, 08:07 PM   #147
~THE SCALE SHOP~

lol I was up racing at 7:45am long before you fellas ever open those eye lids. raced 2-3 hours that morning.
im looking forward to the night version with all the lights!
Old 05-26-2015, 08:09 AM   #148
~THE SCALE SHOP~

pikes peak pack is out!!!
Freebie!

heres a great write up on everything they have added and updated in V0.4
Steam Community :: Group Announcements :: DiRT Rally

man I cant wait! two lane roads! we can actually ring these cars our now! it looks awesome! come on 5 o'clock!
Old 05-27-2015, 08:30 AM   #149
~THE SCALE SHOP~

Spin tires posted updates are "on the way".

Quote:
Hi Everyone,
As you may or may not know, we had another meeting with Pavel recently to plan for the next couple of months. This outcome has covered us for the next 2 months and here is the itemized list, less release dates.
The reason for no release dates being set is due to us still awaiting the completion of the Mod support. From what I have been informed it is close to release - but the creases are being ironed out before it is made public. There would be nothing worse than to release a buggy mod support, so we are making sure it is finalized before release.
Mod support will be released before work on updates listed below are initiated.
First Update (Estimated development time: 7 days) - Release date: To be set/confirmed
- Mud physics and too much in places, Inconsistent and too deep in places
- Xbox customize controls
- Default camera will be mirrored for equal viewing around vehicle
- Map cloaking off for easy mode as an option
Second Update (Estimated development time: 17 days) - Release date: To be set/confirmed
- SP saves fixed from loses upon updates.
- MP saves
Free DLC (Estimated Development time: 29 days) - Release date: To be set/confirmed
- 1 - 2 new game modes
- 1 - 2 trucks
- 1 map
Any further information will be posted in due course, but this was the outcome of our meeting to ensure a basic schedule for the following months.
Old 05-27-2015, 08:39 AM   #150
I wanna be Dave

Good stuff! So if I'm understanding it correctly, it appears we should soon have mod support. That would be fantastic 'cause there's some great maps and vehicles out there already, but the instability has been a real problem....at least for me. The other updates are all looking good!

Tried Pikes Peak on Dirt Rally last night. I'm so sad to say I wasn't impressed.....yet. I don't know the whole 10 mile layout by heart and without any co-driver help it was near impossible to drive it at a reasonably quick pace. Not to mention the cars were pretty fast and made it a bit too challenging. I quickly became pretty frustrated and went back to regular rally mode.

By the way, is anyone else doing the daily events at dirtgame.com? Each day they have a new challenge at a specific location in a specific car. You get one crack at it and compare your time to everyone else. Of course, you can practice it offline beforehand if you want. Kinda cool to be able to compare your times to others around the world.....and realize just how slow you are!!
Old 05-27-2015, 08:45 AM   #151
~THE SCALE SHOP~

im most excited about the free DLC, but its the furthest away with no estimated release date.

yeah i got discouraged on PP and gave up quick too. its making yall do it in little stages right? you cant climb the whole mountain at once right? i would have prefered that. like a lap at the 'ring

naa i havent found that daily challenge thing yet.
Old 05-27-2015, 08:51 AM   #152
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS View Post
yeah i got discouraged on PP and gave up quick too. its making yall do it in little stages right? you cant climb the whole mountain at once right? i would have prefered that. like a lap at the 'ring

naa i havent found that daily challenge thing yet.
When you select Pikes Peak you can choose to run the whole thing or just a stage. I opted for the whole thing, but maybe it'd be best to learn the individual stages first and then put them all together?

If you want to get on TeamSpeak this evening I can show you how Steve and I got it set up. Could be fun...
Old 05-27-2015, 09:45 AM   #153
Rock Crawler

I did finally manage to make it to the top (mixed - Tarmac and dirt) in about 12:30.
sgtsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 10:11 AM   #154
~THE SCALE SHOP~

nice did you still have all 4 tires?
any luck on tuning? I made it better, but not great. braking still seemed pretty terrible.
Old 05-27-2015, 10:21 AM   #155
Rock Crawler

Tuning helped a bit. I think I moved brake bias forward all the way and loosened up front and rear diff. I think the diffs have adv settings that allow you to use lighter oil to make them even looser.
Old 05-27-2015, 10:22 AM   #156
Rock Crawler

I used the Audi by they way and might have also tuned the gearing to be a bit longer.
Old 05-29-2015, 07:00 AM   #157
I wanna be Dave

So iRacing announces that the GT3 Aston Martin is about to come out and then today they posted on Facebook that they have an agreement with Mercedes Benz for their racecar....and it's also under development already! Gonna be a lot of GT3 cars to choose from soon!
Old 05-29-2015, 08:15 AM   #158
~THE SCALE SHOP~

yep, i think the Merc was illuded to awhile back. glad to see the official announcement this morning.
AC beat them to the punch though.

Last edited by STANG KILLA SS; 05-29-2015 at 08:20 AM.
Old 06-02-2015, 01:06 PM   #159
Quarry Creeper

Ha! I got Richard Burns Rally - a 2004 game to run on this computer....was afraid it would ask for a key... playing on the keyboard because I have to dig my wheel out of storage. Gives me hope for the other old games I have stashed around after 20 years.

Yet a newer game called Starcraft is to "old" for the software and/or video card-- won't even launch.
Habanero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 12:30 PM   #160
~THE SCALE SHOP~

The Aston features iRacing’s new physical-based rendering system which is suppose to do a better job of reflecting light off of differing materials, such as aluminum versus carbon fiber. The new rendering will also be coming to the Corvette C6.R and the rebuilt Legends Coupe. I can’t say for certain that I can see the new rendering in the trailer but I will say that the Aston certainly looks good.
Besides the trailer, iRacing has also unveiled a laundry list of new content and features coming to the title in the form of a Twitch stream yesterday. Here are some things that we learned:
  • 16 cars are upgrading from the V5 tire model to V6 – HPD, Aston Martin DBR9, Corvette C6.R, Ford GT GT3 and GT2, BMW Z4, McLaren MP4-12C, Ruf Track, AWD and RWD, Cadillac CTS-VR, Ford Mustang, MX-5, Pontiac Solstice, Skip Barber and Legends.
  • Day and Night transitions coming after DX11 implementation, which will hopefully be out by the end of the year.
  • Physical-based rendering system will be coming to all the cars and tracks. New particle system is also being worked on (kicking up grass, rubber, rocks, etc)
  • New surface model to be released by the end of the year, which should make the oval guys happy (multiple groove racing, in theory).
  • iRacing plans to finish Long Beach…I wouldn’t hold your breath on that being soon. Great news none-the-less, awesome track.
  • The Mercedes-AMG GT3 is being worked on but won’t be released until next year.
  • Daytona Prototype is in development and will be one of the next two cars to come out. Assume it’ll be the Corvette prototype. Too bad the car may go extinct by 2017 with new WEC and IMSA regulations…
  • Trying to get the McLaren-Honda MP4-30 out by the end of the year. 3D modeling is underway and work on the engine physics has begun.
  • The 2015 NASCAR Sprint Cup Camry will be free to those who already own the 2013 model.
  • New damage model being worked on for all cars.
  • The current MX-5 will be replaced by the new real-world model soon and will still be free.
  • Star Mazda, Skip Barber and HPD have new engine sounds in next week’s build.
  • The NASCAR Xfinity Series Camry is coming to the title to join the Camaro and Mustang.

PC Sim Racing - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PROJECT CARS sim game slowlearner Chit Chat 14 08-07-2013 11:51 AM
Any sim racers on here? Hellbilly Chit Chat 30 07-10-2008 10:12 AM
Flight Sim in Google Earth SlinkySam Chit Chat 2 09-03-2007 02:02 PM
rock crawling sim or game? Thorsteenster Chit Chat 2 11-20-2006 10:10 PM