Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: PC Sim Racing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2016, 02:21 PM   #541
~THE SCALE SHOP~

Default Re: PC Sim Racing

i was going to post this weeks lap challenge tonight. would yall prefer me to skip this week and pick up again next week? (remember a DNS is 0 points)
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-2016, 02:24 PM   #542
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS View Post
i was going to post this weeks lap challenge tonight. would yall prefer me to skip this week and pick up again next week? (remember a DNS is 0 points)
Why not post it, but give us two weeks to complete and submit a time?
Tommy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 02:43 PM   #543
~THE SCALE SHOP~

or post it while everyone is out of town so only i get points
Old 12-27-2016, 08:24 AM   #544

I hate subscription based models so I really had no interest in iRacing. But then they announced dirt was coming. And then last night I saw that the Thrustmaster TX Leather Edition wheel with pedals on sale for $300 shipped. I couldn't say no and I ordered the wheel last night. So I'll probably be joining iRacing. I'm really interested in dirt. Does anybody know when that is coming?

Since a kid I've always wanted a good, force feedback wheel at home. I just couldn't justify the price especially since I was almost strictly a console gamer. But recently I got a pretty good computer for 3D design/engineering at home and I'm slowly getting back into PC gaming. Seeing this wheel, which seems like a great piece, at that lower cost seemed like a deal I shouldn't pass up. How did I do with this wheel?
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 09:41 AM   #545
~THE SCALE SHOP~

thats a good price. i saw they were on sale, and was about to post it here, but then saw they were already sold out at that price at that time so i didnt post it.
welcome.
im not a fan of subsription based either but iracing is worth it. most of us all have other sims. good ones too. but iRacing is always our first pick..
Old 12-27-2016, 10:29 AM   #546

Quote:
thats a good price. i saw they were on sale, and was about to post it here, but then saw they were already sold out at that price at that time so i didnt post it.
welcome.
im not a fan of subsription based either but iracing is worth it. most of us all have other sims. good ones too. but iRacing is always our first pick..
Do you think I'll be happy with it for my first wheel?

They're still in stock where I got mine: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...l_leather.html
Old 12-27-2016, 12:20 PM   #547
~THE SCALE SHOP~

myself and Randy both run pretty much that same wheel setup. its very nice.

we both run the upgraded Alcantera 599XX wheel, but you can upgrade to that anytime down the road. its a slightly larger diameter.
Old 12-27-2016, 12:28 PM   #548
Quarry Creeper

I love my wheel setup. It's light years beyond the old wheel I had with my PS2. If you opt for the Alcantara wheel later on, and have sweaty hands like me, you'll want to wear gloves so as not to damage the Alcantara material.
hpiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 12:31 PM   #549

Quote:
myself and Randy both run pretty much that same wheel setup. its very nice.

we both run the upgraded Alcantera 599XX wheel, but you can upgrade to that anytime down the road. its a slightly larger diameter.
Good to hear. I think the leather wheel will suit me fine at least for now. I'm not sure if there are any other differences between the leather wheel and Alcantera wheel except the covering material and the size. They look very similar otherwise. Thanks for the input!
Old 12-27-2016, 01:42 PM   #550
~THE SCALE SHOP~

the size was the sole reason i bought the alcatera wheel. going back to standard wheel now feels like a toy. but i raced on that size for a couple years with the G27
Old 12-27-2016, 03:33 PM   #551

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpiguy View Post
I love my wheel setup. It's light years beyond the old wheel I had with my PS2. If you opt for the Alcantara wheel later on, and have sweaty hands like me, you'll want to wear gloves so as not to damage the Alcantara material.
Good to hear. I sweat like a pig.

Quote:
the size was the sole reason i bought the alcatera wheel. going back to standard wheel now feels like a toy. but i raced on that size for a couple years with the G27
I grew up on go-karts with tiny wheels so it might feel OK to me.
Old 12-27-2016, 08:16 PM   #552
Quarry Creeper

I really struggled with the Corvette forum guys tonight, dead last. But, I didn't wreck anybody other than myself. Great group of guys to race with too, thanks for inviting me over Cory.
Old 12-27-2016, 09:23 PM   #553
~THE SCALE SHOP~

reeeeeeeeeeeeeally wish i could have been there. i love that combo.
but dads birthday today + uncle in law visiting us for the holidays i couldnt make it happen.

ill be honest so far i havent cared for the CF DP provided tunes.
Old 12-27-2016, 09:47 PM   #554
Quarry Creeper

I hated tonight's tune, car was way too stiffly sprung IMO. Made the curbs hell, along with lack of weight transfer meaning push on turn in, and tail happy coming out. Hell, it would bounce through turn 6 headed onto the banking even without touching the curb.
Old 12-28-2016, 08:52 AM   #555

My wheel should be here today already!

I was checking out iRacing more last night and with a subscription I assumed everything was included. It appears lots of cars and tracks are not included which is a bummer. It seems like this game is a horrible value. I am going to probably sign up for a year tonight though.

Are there any other racing games worth checking out?
Old 12-28-2016, 07:19 PM   #556
~THE SCALE SHOP~

yeah you can add tracks and cars if you like but its not required. we can also help guide you if you do decide to add cars, which ones are worth it.

IMO Dirt Rally is the only other worth owning.
physics are quite good. and its a whole different challenge.
i also own Assetto Corsa and Project Cars and dont touch either of them.

as far as non racing, we also run Spin Tires. Its awesome but its not for everyone.
Old 12-28-2016, 07:34 PM   #557
~THE SCALE SHOP~

vid from Tuesdays race is up with randy in it.

Old 12-29-2016, 07:56 AM   #558

Quote:
yeah you can add tracks and cars if you like but its not required. we can also help guide you if you do decide to add cars, which ones are worth it.

IMO Dirt Rally is the only other worth owning.
physics are quite good. and its a whole different challenge.
i also own Assetto Corsa and Project Cars and dont touch either of them.

as far as non racing, we also run Spin Tires. Its awesome but its not for everyone.
Thanks. Rally definitely interests me as does the upcoming dirt tracks. I can't wait for that! I also love asphalt modifieds and would love to buy that car series if it's popular enough.

I spent about 2 hours practicing last night. I can see how this would be really addicting. Tons of fun!
Old 12-29-2016, 09:33 PM   #559

I finally joined some races tonight. The first was a truck race. I started just past mid pack and finished 9th. I'm not sure how I survived because that race was chaos. People were crashing on the parade lap and it never stopped. I didn't realize until afterwards that those races don't count for anything. That's annoying and I wish it would state that on the races. It might and maybe I just missed it. The iRacing webpage interface can be confusing at times.

Then I moved onto the Street Stock class. That's a fun class. Well the first race was. I started 12th and finished 3rd. Lots of good, hard, but clean racing. My adrenaline was pumping! The second Street Stock class was a joke. I can't tell you how many times I got straight up rammed from behind and yet those hits were counted against me and I got DQed. That's just BS because I never once hit somebody first. It was always me getting hammered from behind and pushed into the wall or somebody else. Hopefully I find better races because some morons don't know how to drive at all. I thought the racing would be less arcadey and less destruction derby like because this is an expensive, as far as games go, racing sim.
Old 12-30-2016, 07:33 AM   #560
~THE SCALE SHOP~

that is quite common in the rookie races. ask Randy. a great motivator to move up. once you start racing with the A and B class racers it gets alot cleaner. way more dedicated racers.
sounds like you mostly did oval races?

PC Sim Racing - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PROJECT CARS sim game slowlearner Chit Chat 14 08-07-2013 11:51 AM
Any sim racers on here? Hellbilly Chit Chat 30 07-10-2008 10:12 AM
Flight Sim in Google Earth SlinkySam Chit Chat 2 09-03-2007 02:02 PM
rock crawling sim or game? Thorsteenster Chit Chat 2 11-20-2006 10:10 PM